Wilsons parting gift .

Started by Alnwickist, February 17, 2016, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alnwickist

All members of staff in the Maritime Heritage Experience and the Trincomalee given redundancy notice. A parting gift from Damion Wilson.

crisstw

steveL

So the first part of the Vision and to bring more tourist based jobs to the town is to put people out of work.

No, there's something a bit odd here. Normally these jobs would be transferred over through some sort of TUPEE arrangement so why not here? HBC's redundancy arrangements are very generous compared to what people in the private sector would  experience. I'm wondering if the people themselves have asked for this to get a cash windfall with some then walking straight back into jobs with the RNM.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

seaton

I look forward to reading about this in The Mail although I can't see it going into print.
Like Steve L said some thing strange about it, surely the Council would have shoul have said you have to take on all the former employees as part of the deal, then again the new company might not have been prepared to pay them their current level of salaries, definitely some thing under hand about the whole thing.

Alnwickist

Or a situation where they are offered new contracts by the Trust but at lower rate wages.

crisstw

They'd have to offer them the same terms & conditions of their previous contract, for at least 3 months......

https://www.gov.uk/transfers-takeovers/transfers-of-employment-contracts

If the employee's don't want to work for their new employer then they would be entitled too no redundancy pay, unless their job was being re-located.... ie Portsmouth...