Jason Anderson for Council

Started by FarageAsInGarage, January 22, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarageAsInGarage

I have heard a few times this week from placed sources that the Founder and Managing Director of Radio Hartlepool is considering standing in the local elections later this year?

Personally I think this would be a great move by Mr Anderson as he is one of the very few true voices left in Hartlepool. He speaks to thousands of people across the town every single day so he is surely very much suited to running and indeed winning a council seat?

The town should indeed be grateful to Mr Anderson for giving us a radio station and for defending its existence over the years. I hope he does stand and i hope he does so near me.

Got my vote Jason!

Land Phil

Hmmm ...hopefully as successful as Mr Riddle.

Who else have the mob upset and might stand ?
Somebody from HVDA ?
Somebody from Citizens Advice Bureau ?
The Wilkinsons ?
Somebody from the Save Our Hospital group ?

...could be a very long list.

not4me

I think he would have to give up Radio Hartlepool to stand as a councillor and I can't see him doing that. Something to do with OFCOM, I believe.

steveL

Quote from: FarageAsInGarage on January 22, 2016, 12: PM
I have heard a few times this week from placed sources that the Founder and Managing Director of Radio Hartlepool is considering standing in the local elections later this year?

Seriously?

Jeez, what some people will do to get a few of their stickers onto the council's wheelie bins.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Not sure if that's true but I do think think he would need to grow a pair becoming being a councillor.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

FarageAsInGarage

Quote from: not4me on January 22, 2016, 01: PM
I think he would have to give up Radio Hartlepool to stand as a councillor and I can't see him doing that. Something to do with OFCOM, I believe.

How come???

FarageAsInGarage

Quote from: steveL on January 22, 2016, 01: PM
Not sure if that's true but I do think think he would need to grow a pair becoming being a councillor.

I would dispute that as Mr Anderson has fought many public battles in his position as Radio boss so I imagine he has the skills to be effective?

steveL

All I know is that he s**t a brick when we said we'd publish the transcripts of his phone conversation with Wells and that when  he lodged a complaint with Peter Devlin about the phone calls he bottled it on supplying the transcripts. If you want to be a councillor then the first thing you have to do is decide that you don't give a toss about the threats that the likes of Wells and Cranney make.

not4me

for the same reason you wouldn't expect a BBC newsreader to keep his job if he was elected as an MP

DRiddle

The problem is there have been a lot of people over the years who've promised to become a local councillor and bring something different to the chamber. To 'breath a bit of fire', or at the very least to be their own person and ensure that what they vote for (or against) is what they actually believe.

However, in reality, many of them quickly fall into line and do exactly as their told. Particularly those who belong to national parties.

I can think of at least 2 current Labour councillors who promised they'd be their own person and vote their own way, before quickly realising if they did they'd be kicked out.

I guess it all comes down to the personality, morality and character of the person in question.

Some people lead..... others follow.

Some follow blindly.

mk1

Jason seems to have the same attitude to debt as Cranney.  He is as slippery and duplicitous as any in the chamber. He should fit in well.

Foggy

I am hoping for a few really strong candidates in key wards (non-Lab/Con/UKIP obviously) to emerge soon as we desperately need them to get elected and actually 'breathe a bit of fire'.  Too many people sit there saying nothing... and I'm talking about all across the chamber, not just Liebour.  Councillors are elected to represent the people in their ward.  I understand that they may do a lot on the ground in their individual wards but if they can't/don't want to open their mouth and speak up when the big issues are discussed then they are only doing half a job and not what they were elected for.

Although in some people's case it is probably best they keep quiet *cough*George*cough*Springer*cough*  ::)

The Great Dictator

He would be out of his depth should he be successful, his racist rants would become public property and that could be embarrassing for him and the radio station.

Some things are best left alone, lots of good people stand and win but soon realise that the system is corrupt not the councillors.

Heres a tip for anyone thinking of standing in May, wait until you're finished with it before you make enemies  :)

FarageAsInGarage

Quote from: mk1 on January 22, 2016, 05: PM
Jason seems to have the same attitude to debt as Cranney.  He is as slippery and duplicitous as any in the chamber. He should fit in well.

Mr Anderson runs a very good ship so I do not know what your point is there?

FarageAsInGarage

Quote from: The Great Dictator on January 22, 2016, 06: PM
He would be out of his depth should he be successful, his racist rants would become public property and that could be embarrassing for him and the radio station.

Some things are best left alone, lots of good people stand and win but soon realise that the system is corrupt not the councillors.

Heres a tip for anyone thinking of standing in May, wait until you're finished with it before you make enemies  :)

I hope you would be wrong but perhaps with the backing of UKIP and the support that has grown for our party we will get somewhere with a real figurehead like Mr Anderson