Duplicate Gravy Train

Started by marky, November 02, 2015, 02: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

heard the one about responsibility for skills being passed over to the new Teesside City?

LEARNING & SKILLS MANAGER
Hartlepool Borough Council - Hartlepool
£45,092 - £49,282 a year

REGENERATION & NEIGHBOURHOODS DEPARTMENTREGENERATION DIVISION

LEARNING & SKILLS MANAGER
REF: SR-101287
Band 15 £45,092 - £49,282 pa
Permanent
37hpw

This post is subject to Safer Recruitment measures therefore, please ensure a Safer Recruitment application form is completed.

Hartlepool has a vision for the future founded on an aspiration for growth. The Borough has a proud industrial heritage and its economy is evolving and growing around key sectors, including advanced manufacturing, fine chemicals, renewable energy and tourism.

Key to the delivery of this vision is the need to ensure the existing workforce and the workforce of the future posses the skills necessary to support the needs of these growth sectors benefitting residents directly and allowing them to play a full and active part in the life of the community.

the_exile

seeing as how only the Acker-Bilks and Cranney can see this vision, then it must be a short list of three for the job.

Cranney's preference for C.I.C.'s probably rules him out of the running at an early stage leaving just the two visionairies capable of completing this important task. Mind you the income multiples wont tally with a £400K mortgage, but hey ho! that never bothered their hero/groomer the dark lord did it?????????????

The Great Dictator

£900 a week seems a lot to me, if it was in the private sector it would be a lot less than that.

the_exile

What price can be put on a visionairy though but ;-)

To have that gift is surely worth gazillions, so for both partners in a relationship to have the same vision must be worth easily double gazillions, the pair of them are definately worth their weight in gold (which is a combined lot even though the more rotund one has been absent from press photo's of late).

There are many jobs in the public sector that quite frankly would not exist in a private enterprise!!!!! and there are many jobs in the public sector that quite frankly get paid brewsters millions in comparison to an equal (and probably more pressured) equivalent in the private sector.

broad sweeping generalisms I know, however look at the Borough Solicitor in Hartlepool how long would he last in a private enterprise....................... I rest my case

craig finton

Isn't this Damien Wilson's department?

I think I have this sussed. I think it's all part of a cunning plan.

Similar positions are created in the other Teesside Authorities and then you go on to create a new coordinating role within the new Combined Authority all headed up by a new Director. That's 7 jobs created in one operation. They then repeat the operation in other areas until finally reaching the stage when they can spin out a press release claiming that the new combined authority has been directly responsible for creating x number of new jobs.

Job done!

crisstw

Quote from: craig finton on November 02, 2015, 01: PM
Similar positions are created in the other Teesside Authorities and then you go on to create a new coordinating role within the new Combined Authority all headed up by a new Director. That's 7 jobs created in one operation. They then repeat the operation in other areas until finally reaching the stage when they can spin out a press release claiming that the new combined authority has been directly responsible for creating x number of new jobs.

Job done!

sounds about right lol ......

steveL

....and the end result is that a great big chunk of any new money coming from Central Government is consumed in a navel-gazing frenzy of reports full of 'visions'. 'offers', 'quanta', 'cohorts' and 'ball-park figures', all highlighting what the other branches of the monster are doing - which for the most part is ..... engaging in their own navel-gazing frenzy of reports full of 'visions'. 'offers', 'quanta', 'cohorts' and 'ball-park figures', all highlighting what the other branches of the monster are doing. . . . I think you get the drift  ::)

oh and one more thing - I don't know if you've all noticed, but the days of claiming a ridiculous numbers of jobs have been created seem to have been quietly changed to talking about the numbers of jobs secured i.e. the goal post has been changed from trying to bring in new jobs to the area to stopping us losing the ones we have, subtle but effective ........... though with SSI and Clydesdale in mind . . .  how's that going for you, TVU?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

QuoteI don't know if you've all noticed but the days of claiming a ridiculous numbers of jobs have been created seem to have been quietly changed to talking about the numbers of jobs secured

Jobs 'safeguarded'. You must get up to speed on the jargon of the movers and shakers!

testing times

Is this not Maggie Heaps job at Adult Education? What caught my eye was the over-the-top salary.

crisstw

Quote from: testing times on November 04, 2015, 10: AM
Is this not Maggie Heaps job at Adult Education? What caught my eye was the over-the-top salary.

The usual quote of offering a competitive salary in order to attract the best person will be trotted out.

It's a redundant role, not required. Our councillors are doing a brilliant job of regenerating Hartlepool with their vision, founded on an aspiration for growth in unemployment. Soon that will be passed to Tees Valley City to further enhance the unemployment in Hartlepool by transferring more services to Middlesbrough ...

c**ks