CLYDESDALE FORGE - BRENDA ROAD

Started by the_exile, October 19, 2015, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_exile

News bulletins stating that the owners of clydesdale forge on Brenda Road (Caparro Group) are about to enter administration.

This could have a devastating knock on effect in our town.

The Hartlepool Mail wont pick up on any link anytime soon.

Good luck to all of those local lads employed in that unforgiving environment, skilled jobs earning good levels of pay.

not4me

Which news bulletins? Had a quick search and nothing showing up

mk1

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/uk-steel-firm-caparo-go-into-administration-1524713

UK steel firm Caparo Industries, which employs as many as 1,800 staff across 20 sites across England and Wales, is set to go into administration later on 19 October. PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) will make a formal announcement on Caparo's future.

Caparo has been hit by the collapse in the market price of steel. It has also been affected by the strength of the pound against the euro, which has made imports more expensive. Several parts of the UK, including the West Midlands where the firm is based, will be affected by the cuts, according to the Press Association

mk1

Looks like Chris Codner has been viewing the thread.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/administration-blow-for-firm-1-7524140

Chris Cordner

published 18:19 Monday 19 October 2015 

A company which employs nearly 100 people in Hartlepool has gone into administration.

Caparo Industries, which has a site in Brenda Road, has appointed a joint administrators' team from PwC. More than 1,700 people across the group were being briefed on the impact of administration.

the_exile

Any idea how I claim my salary from the mail

Lucy Lass-Tick

According to the 'Incidents on Teesside & County Durham' FB page, seems that the site has shut. Bad news for the town.

"BREAKING NEWS: Caparo Forging on Brenda Road Hartlepool is reported to have been CLOSED by the administrators
Over 100 Workers were informed today they will be made redundant."

steveL

In case you missed it yesterday on Tyne Tees News. Sorry about the size.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/media/Clydesdale Job Losses 301015.mp4
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

I find the ITV coverage on news items local to us, non-Newcastle types, is far superior to that provided by Look North and for once, a non-embarrassing interview by a local councillor.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

notenoughsaid

Reply to Stevel.     Whilst accepting that the UK Steel industry and its employees are in a terrible situation, especially at this time of year, I have to ask what or who was your apology refering too.   ?
  My turn to apologize now.  Sorry !!

steveL

Now I'm confused. I lifted the video clip of ITV News but for some reason the size of the clip reduced when I posted on here - no idea why - but I think people can still view it OK.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: mk1 on November 28, 2015, 12: PM
It appears that the majority of the firm has been bought up and saved-but not Hartlepool?

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/uk-news/2015/11/28/333-steel-jobs-saved-as-caparo-business-sold/

I think the answer lies within the names of the companies that have been saved, stating, "This deal preserves all 333 jobs at Caparo Tubular Solutions, which manufactures, distributes and supplies advanced tube components and parts for the automotive and aerospace industries in the West Midlands and South Wales."

No conspiracy, sadly, just down to supply and demand, obviously Clydesdale Forge', don't meet that criteria.
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

The Great Dictator

What a tit, he's only about 14, what does he know ?