Wingfield Castle

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 12, 2015, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Thanks to work I was down the marina and while waiting for a call had the opportunity to look over the old girl. It looks shocking.  Any vessel needs constant maintenance, I'm surprised that when the vessel was acquired a small maintenance team wasn't created to  look after it. 
Nowt new there then.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Riddler5.... It`s been mentioned on these forums several times, your absolutely spot on about the state of the vessel, it is a virtual rustbucket as she is.

Like most structures that are immersed in salt water the damage you can see is a solid indication of the damage you can`t see, also marine structures can`t be given a brief "Tosh Over" with a couple of coats of Dulux gloss.

I pass her moorings on a regular basis & from a distance the rust damage is apparent, but take a few mintes to give her a good looking at & there are serious problems with her structure, she needs to be lifted out of the water & given a thorough inspection.

Unfortunately the costs of a back to metal & high quality re-coating refurbishment of the Wingfield Castle would come at enourmous expense....... Unless Calamity Chris, Handsome Lying Ste, Comrade Carl, MD, The Bow Tied Buffoon & Cranney decide they fancy a spell of wire brushing & red leading.