Admiral Court Closes

Started by not4me, June 12, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

This story in the Mail has a whiff of horses bolting after the barn door has been closed. Am I the only one wondering if these inspections would have taken place if the owner had not ended up in court, not to mention jail? And the wishy-washy response from the Assistant Director isn't going to fill anyone with confidence.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/shut-down-care-home-run-by-shamed-boss-jailed-over-resident-s-death-closed-as-investigation-launched-1-7305969

steveL

Had the same thought. The guy ends up in jail and suddenly the CCG finds four other care homes of his with 'issues'. Doesn't exactly come across as pro-active, does it? In fact, it has re-active written all over it.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Johnny Bongo

In my opinion, the only positive thing to emerge from the tragedy that started this, is that many other care homes will be forced to make improvements, that they otherwise would have ignored.

marky

I have the feeling that if Admiral Court was located somewhere further south then it would be all over the TV and Papers.