A Book at Bedtime....

Started by steveL, May 26, 2015, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I just loved this Mail story and especially some of the quotes:

"I've always wrote corporately, but never creatively....."

"There are no human characters, just animals...."

I gather the sequel is already well underway and tells the story of some Armani suit wearing idiot who decides to set up a company called ICARE2 with none other than Kevin the Incompetent and then hurriedly has to resign as a Director before anyone finds out (like, that worked!).

He then tries to arrange a job interview for a disgraced Ceremonial Mayor.... forgetting for a moment that the Mayor's employment is a wholly private matter and nothing at all to do with the council ....... I tell you, it sounds like a right Carry On and a great story - at least it will be when I finish writing it, eh Patrick?

I can see the Headline now:

"Council Officer Tries to Bring Mayor's Career Back to Life"

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-students-help-bring-dad-s-book-to-life-1-7278647
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Darknessontheedgeoftown

Another council officer utilising contacts for own personal gain? Wonder if ALL of the meetings with the school representatives and pupils took place outside of office hours and at no cost to the local authority and ergo the council tax payer.

testing times

By all accounts, Mr Wilson has spent an unusual amount of time during office hours visiting English Martyrs School where the students who produced the illustrations for his book attend. I'm wondering if these students were paid or if the school received some sort of financial recognition for their contribution...... or perhaps it was just Mr Wilson making use of contacts that he had gained through his work as a council officer to gain a freebie.

It's not the first time Wilson has ventured into entrepreneurial territory after all. I believe a past venture was as a Director of one of Mr Cranney's many companies - again while serving as a council officer.

beanzontoast

MK1. Book at bedtime, is the problem for you that the author works for HBC or he just happens to be tallented, your answer would be most illuminating.

beanzontoast

Oops, that should read  SteveL, I must also include any spelling mistakes, my teacher always did say must try harder. What about you.

steveL

No one in their right mind would set up a company as a Director with Kevin Cranney and when someone does and that that 'someone' happens to be a middle-ranking officer within HBC's Economic and Regeneration Department, where most of the grants  and outside funding streams are dealt with, then you have to question the man's judgement.

Of course, it's not helped by him acting as go-between and arranging a job interview for SAB. Do I think that he arranged the illustrations for his book during office time when he was getting paid by the taxpayer? Absolutely.   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

Now that Mr Cranney has been given the Chair of Regeneration instead of Robbie Payne I think all eyes should be on this department. Just how long will it be before we see more money heading OFCA's way?

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: craig finton on June 04, 2015, 09: AM
Just how long will it be before we see more money heading OFCA's way?
Which OFCA though.  Isn't there and hasn't there been quite a few of his companies that coincidentally have the initials OFCA?

beanzontoast

When one gets rid of gramatical mistakes, or syntax for that matter Stevel wont answer questions, ie why did Driddle say on this forum and I quote, I DISPISE EVERYTHING UKIP STAND FOR. It's a really good example of how to win friends and influence people, I think not.

mk1

Quote from: beanzontoast on June 05, 2015, 10: PM
When one gets rid of gramatical mistakes, or syntax for that matter Stevel wont answer questions,

Like you avoid the questions about why you missed that important council vote?
I say it was because you wanted to keep your Chair.

DRiddle

When one gets rid of gramatical mistakes, or syntax for that matter Stevel wont answer questions, ie why did Driddle say on this forum and I quote, I DISPISE EVERYTHING UKIP STAND FOR. It's a really good example of how to win friends and influence people, I think not.
QuoteTom, its possible to differentiate between local and national politics, well it is for me anyway. 

fred c

Quote from: beanzontoast on June 05, 2015, 10: PM

When are we going to see the transcripts of the "phone call" ?...... win some friends by showing threatening bullies up for what they are ?

mk1

Beanz can only pose questions. He flat out refuses to answer any. He believes that if he ignores the truth (he ducked a meeting so as not to antagonise the Labour group and thus hang on to his chair) it will go away. No chance. Fat lot of good it did him.  Labour still got shot of him.  They now know his weak spot and will dangle all sorts of (possible) baubles in front of him to buy his compliance.  Just like they do with the Tories.
Typical lying UKIP Politician

PS.
It seems I am not the only one struggling with the new 'quote' function!