Iain Wright Re elected

Started by Jim Gillespie, May 09, 2015, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

In all of those council meetings, I cannot recall either of the 2 UKIP councillors making any real contribution to the various debates, true they did vote with The Indies & PHF, but that was the limit of their contributions....

Hopefully they will, after having bedding in for a year begin to expand their contributions to apply pressure to The TorLab Mob, but I await that contribution with some trepidation.

As Fred said above i totally second that.

Jim Gillespie

Quote from: fred c on May 10, 2015, 06: PM
I really can`t be a***d to get into a..... we did, you did, exercise, I have tried to see the best of both sides, but, & I say this as a None Party person, If it hadn`t been for PHF & the Indies like Riddle, Thompson, Brash, Hargreaves et al, the last 12 months in the council chamber would have rolled along as it always has with nothing ever happening apart from Hands Up for The TorLab Mob.

Those councillors have for the first time i can remember challenged The TorLab Mob, they have proposed a number of motions that have had the shower of s**t that passes for a ruling group in absolute chaos at times.

Look no further than the "Performance of Handsome Lying Ste & Calamity Cwistopher"...... the fat one lost the plot on half a dozen occasions culminating in the fact he didn`t know if he had "Closed or Adjourned a Meatun".... The Calamitous One, struggled to look anywhere other than the floor whilst "Mumbling Officer Prepared Statements Verbatim" in an attempt to make the public believe he knew what he was Mumbling about, & who could forget the contribution to the local political scene by Cllr Cranney.... His "Have I slept with you" comment must go down as a Classic Dropped B****ck.

In all of those council meetings, I cannot recall either of the 2 UKIP councillors making any real contribution to the various debates, true they did vote with The Indies & PHF, but that was the limit of their contributions....

Hopefully they will, after having bedding in for a year begin to expand their contributions to apply pressure to The TorLab Mob, but I await that contribution with some trepidation.

Like yourself Fred, I too cannot be arsed with a full blown autopsy.

What I will say however is that it is as clear to me as the nose on my face that no one takes a blind bit of notice of what goes on at these council meetings.  They are attended by the same people by and large - a bit like this forum actually.

The wider public cannot be bothered.

For the avoidance of doubt, that ISN'T me having a dig at ANY councillor or Party or indeed this forum.  Just stating the facts as I see them

DRiddle

I'm assuming you haven't been to the last few council meetings Jim?

They've started to have to turn people away due to lack of chairs and fire safety regulations.

Seriously, I reckon in the last few meetings there's been more people there than voted for you to be Mayor.  ;)

Jim Gillespie

And that's why nobody likes you David.

You think you're being clever by continually sniping at people, but it just makes you look a tit; especially the size of you; about 8 stone dripping wet.  A keyboard warrior  ::)

The public are turned off by the Punch & Judy politics, whether that be national or local.

DRiddle

A keyboard warrior with my name, address and phone number all in the public domain Jim.

I'm also very easy to find. For example, every month I'm in the council chamber saying all the things I say online about people to their faces and on the record.

I'm not interested in being 'liked' politically. I'm interested in challenging decisions which I believe to be not in the best interests of the town.

People like you come on here and on other media platforms slagging of PHF. Slagging off people who are just trying to do the right thing by challenging questionable decisions within HBC.

Anyway, I'll let you get back to muttering about foreigners.

Jim Gillespie

No David, I'm not slagging anyone off, that's your job.

I'm wasting my breath on you, the die is already cast.  If you are serious about a career in politics and think your antics are the best way of going about it all I can say is good luck; you're gonna need it

craig finton

The purpose and function of an opposition is to scrutinise and question the actions of those in control and long may PHF and the Independents continue to do so. Having watched your own two UKIP councillors in action in the council chamber, I don't think you're in any position to criticise anyone, mate.

Hartlepudlion

What do you suggest Jim? Let the SCABs do what they want?

Have you worked out how much the ABs and mum will take out of the public purse?

Jim Gillespie

No one hates the Labour mob any more than myself; all I'm saying is the PHF strategy so far isn't working.

I can make no comment about the 2 UKIP councillors as I've never met or spoken to them.

I think most of the regulars on this forum are too close to the problem and need to take a step back.  The irony is palpable.  One one hand the UKIP councillors are attacked regularly, then on the other Riddle is speaking to Eric Wilson and messaging me (God knows why he did that?) asking me for ideas as to how we can break the Labour stranglehold in Hartlepool.

What's all that about?

As I've said before; the "Punch & Judy" politics is both a turn off to me and the electorate at large

craig finton

Perhaps they should adopt your strategy for becoming Mayor, after all that worked so well for you   :o

DRiddle

I was curious as to what you thought. As it turned out, you made your feelings clear on here later that day. You're convinced UKIP can sweep the board in the North East in the next few years in the way the SNP did in Scotland. Correct?

I don't see that happening. Nor do I feel it's even relevant at local government level.

steveL

"No one hates the Labour mob any more than myself;"

You hate everyone, Jim. That's your problem.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jim Gillespie

No Steve; it appears all the haters are within PHF.

Start behaving better and respect the voters and your support will rise.

Keep doing what you are doing and expect the same results

fred c

I really don`t see how anyone can criticise the PHF & Indy Councillors, the last 12 months has seen a massive increase in the number of ordinary Hartlepudlians attending Council Meetings.

They have always had the problem of being in the minority, but they have brought the Modus Operandi of The TorLab Mob to the publics notice & despite being a minority they have made "Complete Monkies" out of Handsome Lying Ste, Calamity Chris & the rest of The Mob.

By their efforts, the council tax payers are now aware of some of the shenanigans that The Mob have been involved in....

Voting to Close A&E
Denial of the Public Asking Verbal Questions
Manor Residents Scandal
SAB & Beck Trustees ? .... Not Trustees ?
£680,000 to Who Cares N/E..... Wilcox & Cranney
Gypsy Site Location
Abandonment of the Town Plan
Lying about A New Town Plan..... 8 Months my a**e
Cafe in The Crem
Dubious use of Councillors Allowances
10`s of Thousands in payments to Developers Appeals
Lying to Members of the Public in Council Meetings
Abusing Members of the Public in Council Meetings

I personally think thats a  pretty good record......

Whoops... I forgot the most talked about thing that was revealed by their efforts in the last 6 months.

The complete & total meltdown of the Chairman of The Council, anyone who witnessed it can only look back with incredulity, not to say hysterical amusment at his antics with "His Gavel"................ "I WILL CLOSE THIS MEATUN"....  who can ever forget that little faux pas..... I almost PMSL

steveL

You use 95% of your posts espousing the greatness of UKIP but when asked to comment on the performance of Hartlepool's only two UKIP representatives i.e. the two in the council chamber, suddenly you don't know them and have never spoken to them.

You don't know David Riddle either and to my memory you have never been in the council chamber to watch his performances but that doesn't stop you criticising him constantly, or his PHF colleagues, or the Independents which include Brash (who you also hate, apparently). You even go as far asserting that 'no one likes' Riddle - based on what exactly?

I asked you about a post you had made on the Hartlepool Mail referring to the Stephen Akers-Belcher sacking/tribunal/lies and to 'break your face' by acknowledging the fact that it was only thanks to PHF that you even knew about this - but you couldn't't quite bring yourself to do it, could you?

In summary, you're just a bit of a bigoted a*r**o** really, aren't you, Jim?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.