Iain Wright Re elected

Started by Jim Gillespie, May 09, 2015, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.E

The only reason I dropped out of University was due to serious ill health and I couldn't go back as they had changed the course!
Oh and I am gay but I don't shove that in peoples faces, I don't really mention it unless asked or to cut off people saying I'm Homophobic!

As for the racist thing! Consider this The labour and tories had openly exBNP supporters working IN those parties and it was only mentioned in off the cuff comments when they were really focusing on UKIP!

steveL

No, No,  you're a classic Fascist by any definition. Obsessed with immigrants and the EU, both of whom you want to blame for all the country's ills (classic fascism) and resentful of other candidates who you mistakenly believe may have stopped your man gaining power. (classic fascism). Have you not watched Hitler's speech promising to rid Germany of all other political parties?

UKIP have had their 15 minutes of fame; it's back in the box time. There'll be no Seig Heil parties for you.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mr.E

Steve I think you might be clodser to being sectioned than you realise!

Basic business studies of Supply and Demand!
The more people casing after something and the restriction on supply of that thing, the prices go up. Be that Housing, Food, goods and services!

So if we could just say cope when there were 20,000 - 30,000 coming in a year, how can we manage with 300,000 a year?

Jim Gillespie

This problem isn't going away and it will get worse and worse; year upon year.

Like everything in life, there will come a point where enough is enough.

Some just haven't reached that yet, but they will

steveL

Yea...I daren't open my window in case an immigrant from the over-crowded streets might fall through.

3 people out of every hundred people in Hartlepool were born abroad. I'm just wondering how we're going to tell the estimated 1.5m Brits working in Europe that they have to give up their jobs and come back home.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jim Gillespie

I think the key word in your last post is "working" in Europe.

I've no problem with skilled migrants coming over here to work; not Romanian families coming over here in droves with their hands out

steveL

Actually, you've always looked a bit foreign to me, Jim. Have you checked your ancestry and made sure that you're pure Aryan?

Mr.E

Steve you might want to consider that UKIP has a fair bit of support from Those who were either born abroad or are 2nd+ generation of incomers who are all British citizens!

Basically they had seen the writing on the wall far quicker than many as they have travelled and not just been on short holidayabroad!

steveL

I'm actually in favour of tighter immigration controls and I'm not surprised that even naturalised citizens think the same. My best mate is Lebanese and has British Citizenship and yet holds very strong views on immigration. That said, people shouldn't confuse their own opinion with that of UKIP. The real UKIP view on immigration can be found in their 2010 manifesto; the 2015 version is the sanitised version after they realised that they needed to dilute things down if they were to stand any chance of getting a few MPs elected. That doesn't mean that the racist UKIP mind-set has changed one bit though - it's just been 'modified' for public consumption. 

Mr.E

Then you might want to consider that while they were sorting out the manifesto which Farage didn't agree with and thrown it out before that election they also started to get rid of the nutters too!

There are more ex-BNP working for the conservatives and labour than there i in UKIP! Jack Straw's son was openly using ex-BNP members for his bid to bwe come an MP!

While UKIP have taken people in they have also changed with it. Have you seen the Conservatives lately since the GE results! Did you see the way the Left wing parties rather than ask for proof that UKIP were telling the truth they screamed over them!

The SNP openly attacked people! the Union/Labour/Greens funded the anti-UKIP movement to stop people finding out or even speaking the truth!
http://nopenothope.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/scum-mob-lead-by-green-party-member-and.html

steveL

"Then you might want to consider that while they were sorting out the manifesto which Farage didn't agree with and thrown it out before that election they also started to get rid of the nutters too!"

I think you're making my point for me. Farage is just one man but he's a good PR man and knew that the 2010 manifesto wouldn't get passed first post once exposed to the public. The manifesto was changed; the point is, the people that produced it weren't and although the party has rid itself of people, it's only after their various gaffs; there is no pro-active filtering process going on. Make no gaffs and you get to stay in the party unfettered.

DRiddle

The SNP have just had their best result ever in their history and have gone from being virtually irrelevant in England to being the third biggest party in Westminster by a million miles.

They managed to actually ACHIEVE what Farage hoped and prayed UKIP would.

There was a "political Earthquake" on Thursday, but it was North of the border.

UKIP should be looking at why people bought into the SNP message but rejected theirs.

beanzontoast

Whichever way you look at it politics is if nothing else a numbers game, if the people of Hartlepool were serious of getting rid of Ian Wright, there were only 2 serious contenders in Labour and UKIP, PHF stopped Ian Wright from being thrown out by UKIP, PHF also polled less votes than UKIP in every ward in the local elections, which only leaves me to say if PHF aren't part of the solution then they may be part of the problem.

DRiddle

How many seats have UKIP won in local elections in Hartlepool in the last 4 years Tom?

(I'm not even going to credit your claim that Stephen Picton stopped Wright winning with a response).

fred c

I really can`t be a***d to get into a..... we did, you did, exercise, I have tried to see the best of both sides, but, & I say this as a None Party person, If it hadn`t been for PHF & the Indies like Riddle, Thompson, Brash, Hargreaves et al, the last 12 months in the council chamber would have rolled along as it always has with nothing ever happening apart from Hands Up for The TorLab Mob.

Those councillors have for the first time i can remember challenged The TorLab Mob, they have proposed a number of motions that have had the shower of s**t that passes for a ruling group in absolute chaos at times.

Look no further than the "Performance of Handsome Lying Ste & Calamity Cwistopher"...... the fat one lost the plot on half a dozen occasions culminating in the fact he didn`t know if he had "Closed or Adjourned a Meatun".... The Calamitous One, struggled to look anywhere other than the floor whilst "Mumbling Officer Prepared Statements Verbatim" in an attempt to make the public believe he knew what he was Mumbling about, & who could forget the contribution to the local political scene by Cllr Cranney.... His "Have I slept with you" comment must go down as a Classic Dropped B****ck.

In all of those council meetings, I cannot recall either of the 2 UKIP councillors making any real contribution to the various debates, true they did vote with The Indies & PHF, but that was the limit of their contributions....

Hopefully they will, after having bedding in for a year begin to expand their contributions to apply pressure to The TorLab Mob, but I await that contribution with some trepidation.