Iain Wright Re elected

Started by Jim Gillespie, May 09, 2015, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Gillespie

When the dust settles and the autopsies begin, people will realise that Iain Wright only survived the UKIP onslaught for two reasons:

1. The choice of UKIP candidate was wrong from the start. Hartlepudlians will only vote for you if you live in the town - except of course if it's a Labour candidate; in which case they can parachute anyone in and the Labour voting sheep will do the rest.

2. The vote was too diluted. If Paul Thompson hadn't put Stephen Picton forward as a "Drummond style wild card" candidate; we would be waking up this morning to find the Labour stranglehold on Hartlepool had been broken by UKIP.

And the reward for voting Iain Wright in for 5 more years? More of the same.

We can kiss goodbye to any hope of the Hartlepool hospital not closing to make way for housing and the football team will be left to twist in the wind. As for Hartlepool Vision - don't make me laugh!

A Labour run council with a Labour MP is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike when you have a Tory Government.

Time to batten down the hatches...........

The Great Dictator

Not forgetting the interference of Jack Hobbs and Sandra Allison.

DRiddle

You're wrong about the Picton vote. Literally hundreds of Stephens voters were first time voters who in other circumstances wouldn't have even voted at all. (just like I said many of them would be on here months ago).

Facebook was absolutely littered with Stephen Picton supporters saying "I've never voted before but I'm voting for you Stephen", literally hundreds of people across his pages said that.

One of the real culprits in diluting the vote stood for UKIP in a GE in Hartlepool previously, and you KNOW that to be true.

Paul Thompson

Jim, I was rather hoping that you would post this nonsense on here and you have not disappointed.  I would have responded to you on Facebook but your 'conversation buddy' has me blocked and I would like everyone to see this :)

You are a Financial Advisor, yeah ? So I assume you can count ?

Let me re-cap the GE Results for you:
Ian Wright = 14076
Phil Broughton = 11052
Stephen Picton = 2954

Now let's do a little maths - 11052 + 2954 = 14006.  Still 71 short of winning.  So where were they going to come from ?  Who else is next on the list ?  Maybe the old UKIP Party faithful in Mr(s) Allison ?

And lets consider something else. Many people who pledged to / voted for Stephen  said that they could NEVER bring themselves to vote for UKIP REGARDLESS !!! As one person at the Election Count said to me "I would rather take a sh*t in my hands and clap all day long rather than vote for UKIP". Stephen also received many comments saying that they vote for the very first time on Thursday and only because it was him.

So the reality is that you / UKIP would NEVER NEVER NEVER have received all of Stephen's share of the vote.

The BIG story actually is that Iain Wright has managed to reduce a Labour Stronghold (with a once majority of nearly 20k) to a now minority with 3k. 

Land Phil

It needs some working together to get rid of Wright next time.

Mr.E

Then might I suggest that you make a start on the jokes of the town the Mayor and his other half and at any councillor election as you know IF we UNITE we can be a force to be reconded with! But you have seen in the GE what happens when we are divided!

Jim Gillespie

My posts on here have to be moderator approved, so apologies if this reply takes some time to be shown.

It's a lazy retort to cry "racist" when UKIP is mentioned or a UKIP supporter speaks.

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised that UKIP came such a close second; I had predicted them to come third behind the Tories.

A better UKIP candidate; someone who lives and/or works here would have beaten Wright; of that I have no doubt.

I'm already hearing talk of PHF and UKIP working closer together in future.  I think that would be a HUGE mistake for UKIP.  I clearly remember all the anti UKIP slurs coming from within the ranks of PHF; but now they have been humiliated at the polls, they immediately go running to UKIP - PATHETIC.

Truth is, PHF is nothing more than an uneasy collaboration of waifs and strays, with no cohesive strategy or policies.

UKIP are far better than that and the polling last week is a fantastic foundation for them to build on; without anyone hanging onto their shirt tails.

I'm still baffles as to what the Thompson/Brash strategy was for fielding Picton as a candidate?  Surely not to ensure Wright remained MP?  Then again, I hear that Brash is desperate to return to his beloved Labour Party; so who knows!

Mr.E

http://www.ukip.org/thank_you_for_voting_ukip

QuoteIn short, whilst this General Election battle may be over, the campaign for a better Britain has only just begun. We hope we can count on your continued support.

IF you want your policies then ask UKIP if they don't mention anything you you will never know if they stand for what you want or believe in. And If the case you argue is good enough they will listen and follow you!

Jim Gillespie

There are still some on here trying to play down the UKIP vote last week.

Truth is UKIP are stronger than ever and rather than their vote shrink over the next 5 years I predict it will grow exponentially when reality bites and that is when people realise that the next 5 years are going to be much worse than the last 5 years under a Tory Government without the LibDems to apply the brakes from time to time.

I still don't trust Cameron over the EU referendum and the truth is NO ONE can stop the free flow of incoming EU migrants whilst the UK remains a member of the EU.  That is a FACT that only Farage appears to publicly admit

steveL

FFS grow up, Jim. I've spoken to Eric Wilson myself. He's the only UKIPPER I've spoken to without feeling the need to recommend enrolment on a Functional Skills class.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jim Gillespie

I am a grown up Steve...................I'm not the one ranting

steveL

No. You're the one living in a bubble that has already burst.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jim Gillespie

Really?

UKIP come a close second to Wright and PHF suffer humiliating defeat at the local elections.

I think you need to re evaluate

steveL

Dream on, Jim. There'll always be a role for you as Hartlepool's token Fascist

Jim Gillespie

Facist?

What have I ever said or down that anyone can give me that label?

It's a tired retort to simply label UKIP or their voters racist or facist.

Others one here have called UKIP supporters thick, but, quite frankly Steve, for you to make an uncalled for remark like that against me only shows you to be the uneducated one.

I'll put it down to you still licking your wounds after the election defeat