Full Council Meeting On The 26th

Started by fred c, March 17, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

I wonder will the Town Hall be used as a Venue for this particular meeting, I can`t help but think it will attract a fairly large audience ?

From personal preference I much prefer the Town Hall as a venue for council meetings, the auditorium lends itself to the audio & video recordings that are now standard practice at public meetings.

But the question is, who decides on the venue & what are the criterior used in making the decision ?

Eddie Potcake

But doesn't the Town Hall encourage some councillors to play to the audience instead of addressing the council? There are some really bad actors there, especially those playing the parts of councillors.

Foggy

I would have thought that SAB would want to limit the amount of people who could attend the meeting so I can't see them being keen for it to be in the town hall.  At least in the civic they can only accommodate so many people and then turn people away.

The Great Dictator

Ohhh no, the Mayor is behind you  :'(

fred c

I wonder if the Councillors who have put forward the motion can request the Town Hall as a Venue & cite the recent upsurge in "Public Interest" & the subsequent rise in attendance at council meetings as a reason for the request ?

Lord Elpus

The big item on the meeting of the 26th is the vote to proceed with becoming part of a combined authority.  Once this is passed there is no going back, HBC is committed.

fred c

Hartlepool Labour Party & Democracy In Action......  My A**e