Monday's Council Meeting Video

Started by steveL, February 17, 2015, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Gillespie

Hang on a minute.

Since when did I become the whipping boy for the UKIP Party?

I'm a member of the public.  If you have a problem with UKIP, address your problems to them, not to me.

That's exactly the trouble with our current councillors; many it would seem are posting on here.  You squabble like silly kids instead of doing the job you were paid to do.

When guys like me have to start going to the time and trouble of unearthing the truth over the hospital because current councillors would rather keep their heads down, that must speak volumes to the public

mk1

Quote from: Jim Gillespie on February 18, 2015, 04: PM
Hang on a minute.

Since when did I become the whipping boy for the UKIP Party?

I'm a member of the public.  If you have a problem with UKIP, address your problems to them, not to me.

That's exactly the trouble with our current councillors; many it would seem are posting on here.  You squabble like silly kids instead of doing the job you were paid to do.
It ill behoves those who start squabbles to then complain when they get emeshed in one. I am not a councillor and your desperate attempts to come over as some all knowing unmasker of  skullduggery just makes you look an ar*se.
You  come across on the Mail page as a self-proclaimed and proud  UKIP man and I think you should  start practising what you preach and stop pretending you are not UKIP.

Quote from: Jim Gillespie on February 18, 2015, 04: PMWhen guys like me have to start going to the time and trouble of unearthing the truth over the hospital because current councillors would rather keep their heads down, that must speak volumes to the public
Your contribution to 'unmasking ' anything is far far below the level of those here who have been doing it for years.
You are very late to the fray and so far contributed nothing that I can see. This ground was covered by the site a long while back and thus is not some amazing discovery on your part that no one else noticed.

I suspect when you say 'everyone  must unite and pull together' that you really mean 'vote UKIP'.

steveL

There seems to be some sort of urban myth of the hospital land being given to the people of Hartlepool in perpetuity. The land on which Hartlepool Hospital now stands was transferred to the NHS in 1948 when the NHS was set-up. To my knowledge, only a small portion of it on the periphery has been sold to build social housing (around 100 houses) and it was land that became available when some of the few remaining Victorian buildings were demolished.

I'm not saying that the hospital trust won't seek to sell the remaining land once the hospital is finally closed - personally, I have always believed that this will be what will happen with the money raised used to refurbish North Tees. In fact, I had a letter in the Mail some six years ago predicting exactly that. As it stands though, it's unlikely that the Trust will go public with such plans until the last light switch at Hartlepool Hospital is thrown.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jim Gillespie

Clearly MK1 you think that you are better than everyone else.

Good for you.

Attack me by all means, but the fact that I chose to vote UKIP in May, purely because I think they talk the most sense, doesn't make me a party spokesperson.  But if that is the only way you can attack me then so be it.

As for you covering the hospital land issue ages ago - that is news to me and 1,800+ Hartlepudlians who have so far signed the petition.

Maybe your PR machine isn't as big as your ego

mk1

Quote from: Jim Gillespie on February 18, 2015, 06: PM
Clearly MK1 you think that you are better than everyone else.

Incorrect.
I do not think I am better than everyone else.

I know I am better than everyone else.

Cogito ergo sum.

Quote from: Jim Gillespie on February 18, 2015, 06: PMI chose to vote UKIP in May, purely because I think they talk the most sense, doesn't make me a party spokesperson

For sure it does not make you  party spokesperson, it does however make you delusional!

Quote from: Jim Gillespie on February 18, 2015, 06: PMMaybe your PR machine

I was unaware I was the possessor of a 'PR machine'.  I need to investigate further.
Can you provide a basic description and I will  instigate a thorough search to locate said machine and dispose of it forthwith.

Jim Gillespie

LOL

I think the appropriate response from me at this stage is:

Don't feed the troll

Riqueti

Quote from: Jim Gillespie on February 18, 2015, 01: PM

Unless someone can come up with credible opposition where everyone is is unison (no pun intended) Labour will continue to rule the roost in Hartlepool.

The Greens.

not4me

I hope all those people haven't signed the petition on a false premise that turns out not to be true. That would make the instigator look very, very silly. Maybe it would have been better to check out the facts beforehand like making a few enquiries at the Land Registry but then Jim seems to thinks that actually doing something is the responsibility of others. His own role is just to sit on the side-lines whingeing about the efforts of others.

crisstw

I signed the petition, I know who owns the land too. I've read it on this site a couple of times & in the mail over the last year or so.

I just like signing petitions :P

Jim Gillespie

I think you will find that anyone can access the Land Registry site.

Bottom line - we all know that a deal was done on the land.  By that I mean those of us who trawl and participate in these forums.  However, I can assure you that the vast majority of Hartlepudlians DON't know - but they are about to find out  ;)

crisstw

Couldn't the mail be reported for a breach of the editors code of practice ? with the fact that they're publishing misleading & distorted information (press releases from HBC)

https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/

http://www.pcc.org.uk/cop/practice.html

1 . Accuracy

i) The Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information, including pictures.

ii) A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and - where appropriate - an apology published. In cases involving the Commission, prominence should be agreed with the PCC in advance.

iii) The Press, whilst free to be partisan, must distinguish clearly between comment, conjecture and fact.

iv) A publication must report fairly and accurately the outcome of an action for defamation to which it has been a party, unless an agreed settlement states otherwise, or an agreed statement is published.

Just a thought.....

mk1

Quote from: crisstw on February 19, 2015, 12: PM
Couldn't the mail be reported for a breach of the editors code of practice ? with the fact that they're publishing misleading & distorted information (press releases from HBC)

Just a thought.....

There has been a recent spat at The Daily Telegraph where Peter Oborne resigned because advertisers were given  special treatment in the paper. They largely ignored the HSBC scandal because the bank threatened to withdraw adds. In the ensuing 'debates' on telly the pundits all expressed suprise that anyone thought this unusual. It seems all the papers do it because they are out to make money rather than inform. Readers are at fault for not realising this sooner!
I liked a revelation by one reporter who says his article in a 'Human Rights ' case was altered by an editor and a completely false statement that Soldiers could be sued was inserted because it 'would make a better story that way'.
When the mainstream papers are selling their  souls why be surprised a dead-beat daily with a terminal decline in sales sells its editorial stance to the Labour Mafia.

Land Phil

I think it is natural for contracts to end when a newspaper dishes the dirt on a company.
It is unnatural when the newspaper doesn't dish the dirt and severs the poisoned relationship.
That is when the dirt sticks to all that touch it.

for fawkes sake

They say a picture paints a thousand words and it most certainly is true of the leading picture on the front page. If looks could kill........  ;D
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."