Monday's Council Meeting Video

Started by steveL, February 17, 2015, 01: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I did think of doing a write up on tonight's council meeting but I really don't think I could do it justice. The good news is that the video is coming soon so you will be able to make your own judgement. In my view, it beats 50 Shades of Grey hands down for entertainment value.

We've known for a while that HBC has become dysfunctional - tonight it imploded.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

Even at 1.37am, social media is still going crazy about tonight. There are many, MANY very angry people on the town on Hartlepool Facebook page.

The utter contempt shown toward to public and toward Keith Fisher in particular was absolutely shameful.

God knows what the Labour group tried to achieve tonight, but if it was totally alienating hundreds, perhaps even thousands of voters (as word of this spreads across the town) then they succeeded.

Iain Wright must be tearing his hair out at the incompetence of this lot.

fred c

I really think its time that the Secretary of State for Communities takes a long hard look at whats going on within the civic centre, the whole shebang fell to pieces "again" last night.

The chairing of the meeting was akin to a nazi show trial, Handsome Ste was completely out of his depth, he began the meeting with the needless threat of Closing the meeting, & it went downhill from there.

He lost the plot when D Riddle mentioned that he had signed the death warrant on the hospital, it was obvious to everyone in the place aprt from the Fat Lad that it was a figure of speech.... but he "Demanded" the comment be withdrawn, D Riddle did so, otherwise we would all of been turfed out.

Clr Lilley did however point out the fact that SAB was in fact the Chairman of the committee that signed off the decision.

It was as if he actually wanted to abandon the meeting from the outset, if it wasn`t so serious it would have been funny but he managed to produce a showstopping episode just before the watershed...........someone passed the comment about him spitting his dummy out.

Not sure about that but "Handsome Ste", did have a real Hissy Fit, chains jangling, jowls flapping & gavel banging... I wouldn`t be surprised if he hadn`t peed himself.

Only In Hartlepool & only under The TorLab Mob

Whoops i did forget the disgraceful episode with Mr Fisher, Handsome Ste had him removed from the meeting, with at one point the threat of the police being called............

Sanddancer

Is there really anything we can do in the short term  about these clowns?

Lord Elpus

Carl Richardson said he was worried that HBC could be seen as a failing authority and Eric Pickles could take over the running of the Council, or words to that effect.  I (Geoff Lilley) replied 'good', Carl said he would use that against me.

I (Geoff Lilley) have the utmost respect for the professionalism and integrity of Council Officers within HBC, however, so that there is no doubt in any ones mind, in my opinion, the current political leadership of our Council needs to go and if that means 'Big' Eric sends a team in to investigate the concerns of many Hartlepool residents as to manipulation and perceived corruption  by some Councillors within the Council I would support that intervention.

I hope that's clear enough for Carl and I'm sure these comments will be placed within my file held in a secret place by Cllr Richardson.

Lord Elpus

Could someone please post a link for the town of hartlepool facebook site, I know its daft but I can't find it.

Jim Gillespie

If the whole council is falling apart shouldn't we start a petition to that effect urging Pickles to investigate it?

To my mind that's the logical (next step).

PS - how mamy "nome du plumes" does Geoff Lilley have on this site?? 

ashamedtobebritish

Someone needs to bring this story to the attention of the National Newspapers and see what the Government has to say about Dysfunctional Hartlepool Council after that.

The thing to remember is that many of the Labour Councillors who are in positions of responsibility shouldn't have been there in the first place, they cannot run a kissogram in a brothel yet they are let loose on Public Funds, roaming free in Public Buildings and making the decision that effect the general population of the town they are voted in to represent.

In return they have lined their pockets for the pleasure with little regard to the tax payer, frivolously spent tax payers money on sh!te, money that could have gone into social care, things to benefit the community of Hartlepool and more importantly mounting a campaign to save our Hospital, they have done nothing.

If this isnt any more evidence that Labour simply isn't working for the working man in Hartlepool then ime David Cameron, its time Hartlepool took note, this is what your Labour Councillors are capable of and it is everyone's duty come may to make sure Hartlepool has the best chance it can possibly get in the coming few hard years ahead of us and vote the deadbeat Labour Councillors out.

They have had their time, they are committing the crime.

Now Punish them !

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Jim Gillespie on February 17, 2015, 10: AM
If the whole council is falling apart shouldn't we start a petition to that effect urging Pickles to investigate it?

To my mind that's the logical (next step).

PS - how mamy "nome du plumes" does Geoff Lilley have on this site??

Only one.

mrb

Well I for one am on tenterhooks for this video. I could do with a laugh. Maybe I'll look at the Hartlepool vision of how Church Street will look in the future - that'll keep me going.

ashamedtobebritish

Would anyone like to post this to the Ackers Wackers !

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on February 17, 2015, 09: AM
Carl Richardson said he was worried that HBC could be seen as a failing authority and Eric Pickles could take over the running of the Council, or words to that effect.  I (Geoff Lilley) replied 'good', Carl said he would use that against me.

I (Geoff Lilley) have the utmost respect for the professionalism and integrity of Council Officers within HBC, however, so that there is no doubt in any ones mind, in my opinion, the current political leadership of our Council needs to go and if that means 'Big' Eric sends a team in to investigate the concerns of many Hartlepool residents as to manipulation and perceived corruption  by some Councillors within the Council I would support that intervention.

I hope that's clear enough for Carl and I'm sure these comments will be placed within my file held in a secret place by Cllr Richardson.

I`ll second that re. the Proffesional capabilities of the officers & staff of HBC, those that i have had any dealings with have always been totally proffesional & with the interests of the town at heart.

As for the comments of Clr Richardson............ The sooner the better, there has been all sorts of questionable goings on with The Mob, from the hospital fiasco to ditching the town plan, to Manor Residents to £680,000 WCN/E, to some councilors employed by "charitable/voluntary" organisations, to the nod & a wink.... theres a Job there for you, to the Big Tin Shed, & the latest............. The Tees Valley Unlimited plan that they are attempting to BULLDOZER through.......

So basically clr richardson................ yes calling Mr Pickles in would be a Postive step in sorting out the shambolic authority that you & your fellow Labour/Tory pals have created.........

Your lot had the chance when the Peer Review group made its report & recomendations.......... remind us all what you did......... sweet FA

steveL

If you want to skip the Trust's presentation, the opposition motion starts at around 31 minutes. You will probably find yourselves having to turn your volume right up for a good part of the video - Apologies for the video/sound quality in general but we ain't the BBC  ::). Even so, the video will give everyone a good feel of how the meeting went.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk

(You may have to update the screen by pressing F5)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jim Gillespie

Thanks for uploading the video Steve.

Couldn't be bothered to watch the whole thing.

Saw DRiddle making his speech

Saw the mayor have his little tissy fit

Saw Paul Thompson boast about having a maths degree.

Then I got bored and switched off

To me, as a Hartlepool resident and Hartlepool business owner with NO political ambition or axe to grind - it seems to me that the binary politics of the two national parties is being re enacted here in Hartlepool.  In our case it's the PHF/Brash coalition against the Labour mob.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sick to death of this "Punch & Judy" politics.

For me, May cannot come soon enough.

If the Hartlepool voters vote for Iain Wright after this hospital fiasco, there really will be no hope for this town