Workers laid off at Mariner Care

Started by steveL, February 09, 2015, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I smell a rat - or at the very least a major c**k-up.

With training to be done and other preparation work, was it not possible to retain the staff for the extra 4 weeks given that they have been employed since November? People are laid off these days as if it is no more significant than turning off a light. I have a feeling that the '4 weeks' will end up being on an extended rolling basis and that the cash-flow at Mariner Care is a bit wobbly. Just as well SAB didn't get the job as Manager eh?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/jobs-blow-as-staff-at-multi-million-pound-hartlepool-development-laid-off-before-it-even-opens-1-7096578
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Spanners?  Works? Just a thought ...

mk1

If it goes under I am sure CAB will find the money to buy it and install the perfect  man to run it.........

ashamedtobebritish

Cranney's Care Home.

Oh I can see it now !

"Come look after ya Granney's at Cranney's "

testing times

This doesn't make any sense at all. This facility has been in the planning and construction stages for many months. Surely it hasn't taken them surprise that they need to be registered. They must have had plenty of time to do so. The thought occurred to me that perhaps the registration process is done via HBC's Health and Well Being Committee, in which case, perhaps the letter may have been lost behind a filing cabinet by a failed interview candidate. It wouldn't be the first time.

Copper Pipe

Does all seem a bit suss like.

You have Christopher Akers-Belcher in charge if some health quango, Health Snatch or summit its called, their lad Stephen didnt get the job that council officers lined up for him leaving him to settle for the £35,000+ job as sprout procurer at the allotments across the road from his house.

All weird really.

Land Phil

The bad smell is the sprouts then.