Would You Adam and Eve It?

Started by steveL, January 21, 2015, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Not sure how much credence to attach to this one but I'm hearing rumours that Mad Dogs plans to create a community orchard in Owton Manor may not be all that they seem and may in fact turn out to be just a front for yet another Cranney 'Social Enterprise'.

Plans to build a group of bungalows in Eskdale Road have resulted in a £250 'green' contribution from the developer and it was decided this very morning to spend the money on planting a Community Apple Orchard. The idea being put forward, in public at least, is that this will encourage the locals to eat more fruit. However, a more devious plan is possibly afoot in that we hear that Councillor Barclay is already collaborating with serial community entrepreneur Councillor Cranney in an attempt to find funding to open up a community led Cider Production Facility. Cllr Barclay is understood to have already volunteered himself for a Quality Control position as Head Taster carrying on the long tradition of labour Councillors working in the voluntary sector for no personal gain.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Every Eden has it's serpent  ::)

ashamedtobebritish

I know a few "Bad Apples" in Hartlepool Council..

I think several of the buggers should be planted....... Permanently, with concrete wellies on.

Lord Elpus

Planning Committee http://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/egov_downloads/21.01.15_-_Planning_Committee_Agenda.pdf

21 January 201

'1.17 Given the importance of green infrastructure housing developments comprising
of five dwellings or more will require contributions of £250 per dwelling to be spent
on green infrastructure within the vicinity of the site. It is considered in this instance
that the contribution would be directed towards the provision of an orchard at land to
the west of Masefield Road'.

So Mad Dog aka 'Nell Gwyn' is using her new position as 'Chair of Neighbourhood Services' to maximum advantage in promoting her vision of a orchard on the Manor.  It was admitted this morning that the scheme will require significant extra funding.

I know a number of professionals have serious misgivings about the project, but they will stay schumm.  I wonder how much this flight of fancy ends up costing Hartlepool Residents?

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on January 21, 2015, 02: PM

So Mad Dog aka 'Nell Gwyn' is using her new position as 'Chair of Neighbourhood Services' to maximum advantage in promoting her vision of a orchard on the Manor.

She will have trouble obtaining the same distance with apples she was able to achieve with the ping-pong balls...............

Lord Elpus

Quote from: mk1 on January 21, 2015, 03: PM
Quote from: Lord Elpus on January 21, 2015, 02: PM

So Mad Dog aka 'Nell Gwyn' is using her new position as 'Chair of Neighbourhood Services' to maximum advantage in promoting her vision of a orchard on the Manor.

She will have trouble obtaining the same distance with apples she was able to achieve with the ping-pong balls...............

Tempted to reply, but I've already got that Tshirt.

Land Phil

Cranny Smiths no doubt ...as clean as I could keep it.

mk1

I think 'Cox' (we hear) would fit better!

fred c

Theres a ready supply of Manure for the Saplings, courtesy of The Mob.....

You really couldn`t make this stuff up FFS, If officers don`t agree with this B***ox they should surely be making their opinions know to the highest Officer within HBC, or they could follow the example of "Handsome Ste" & "Whistle Blow"

Lord Elpus

Rumour control is buzzing that as part of the new 'Manor House Orchard' celebrations the Comrades are looking to establish an annual Wassailing festival to encourage and promote the harvest and bumper votes.

(see; http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/21/wassailing-devon-virgin-apple-tree-singing-tom-cox)

A virgin is currently been sort, best of luck.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Lord Elpus on January 23, 2015, 08: AM
Rumour control is buzzing that as part of the new 'Manor House Orchard' celebrations the Comrades are looking to establish an annual Wassailing festival to encourage and promote the harvest and bumper votes.

(see; http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/21/wassailing-devon-virgin-apple-tree-singing-tom-cox)

A virgin is currently been sort, best of luck.

The excellent Phil Rickman wrote a novel where a group of incomers decided to impose a non local ceremony  on a Herefordshire orchard - they fired guns to promote fertility but shot and killed a local - maybe we can live in hope that a few worthies are hanging around up a tree?  ;)