The love that dare not speak its name

Started by Lord Elpus, November 18, 2014, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

I understand Labours candidate in the Fens and Rossmere ward Jim Lindridge is busy telling people he will be standing in Mays elections as an Independent Labour Candidate.

Clearly a political Chameleon of many colours.  Could it be that even Jim is ashamed to be associated with the SCAB's and co.

one direction

Quote from: Lord Elpus on November 18, 2014, 09: AM
I understand Labours candidate in the Fens and Rossmere ward Jim Lindridge is busy telling people he will be standing in Mays elections as an Independent Labour Candidate.

Can he actually stand as "Independent Labour" I think thats how people like Brash and Hargreaves describe themselves but on a ballot paper can you use a party name without their permision? Surely you can either be "Independent" or "Labour" but not both? Don't PHF have the copyright on "Hartlepool Independents" as part of their full name? What would happen if he produced a leaflet with that clain on it? Surely the Labour Party would have to object unless they were endorsing him? In which case he's the Labour Candidate and the real independents would have grounds to object?

Tommy

There is no such thing as Independent Labour in my eyes, its Labour or Independent, however I can understand his choice in not wishing to being identified as a follower to the towns current Labour Party.

The Labour Party in Hartlepool was once very strong, not anymore I am sure it will recover after the possibility of failure at the next election and the BIG clear out afterwards.

one direction

Quote from: Tommy on November 18, 2014, 11: AMI am sure it will recover after the possibility of failure at the next election and the BIG clear out afterwards.

Not really sure why you think this? Who is going to carry out this BIG clear out? I can't see any of the existing councillors leading such a pogrom and none of the existing councilors are going to allow a new member of the party to get into a position of sufficient power to threaten them. In my opinion the only people in the Labour Party (or the Tories, PHF or UKIP) wo could topple the current leadership are only really interested in replacing them so that they can enjoy the benefits being in such a position brings. Anyone naive enough to go into politics believing that they are there to improve anyone's life but their own will not last long enough  to actually achieve anything. They either join the climb up the slippery pole or get out of politics while they still have a vestige of integrity and any shred of decency left.

Elections in this country are like watching Germany and France in the world cup final. You just wish both sides could lose!

mk1

Quote from: one direction on November 18, 2014, 12: PM

Elections in this country are like watching Germany and France in the world cup final. You just wish both sides could lose!

If you want to see  a team that always loses then I suggest you stick to watching England play

Tommy

mk1 you are right! we never win!

I recon Cllr Wells will be kicked out the Labour Party.

Tommy

Whilst I am thinking about Jim Lindridge standing up as "Independent Labour", the Labour Party could be rubbing their hands hoping that he will dilute the vote just enough for any opposition including him to fail, and Labour win.   

Lord Elpus

Lindridge will be standing as the Labour candidate, the point I'm making is he is clearly trying to distance himself from the very party he is going to stand for.

If he is elected he will vote in line with Labour whip like all of the other Comrades.