Osbornes's U-Turns

Started by testing times, May 31, 2012, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

First the Pasty tax and the change of mind over static caravan VAT; now Osborne has changed his mind over tax relief on charitable donations. If Osborne carries on with his rate of U-turns he's going to need a sat nav to find his way back home.  :) 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Whilst being no fan of Mr Osborne, I do find it refreshing when politicians are prepared to admit that something's wrong, and to reverse their decisions.

testing times

Refreshing yes, but hardly confidence building. A better way of proceeding would be to research your proposals properly before announcing them. I see a group of ex-public school boys and their wives sat around a dinner table in Chipping Norton when one of them shouts out, "Hold On! I've had an idea......!"

Inspector Knacker

The critics say you aren't listening .... so you listen and agree with them and change your mind ...... then your slagged off as being weak  by the same people. ::) 
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Yes there's a bit of that, particularly from the opposition whose goal is always to claim a scalp. Even so, some of these ideas seem to fall at the first fence so a bit of basic research beforehand wouldn't go amiss.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.