Here we go again...

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, May 25, 2012, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Another example of inadequate medical provision and confusion - or maybe inappropriate attitudes?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/lifestyle/health/life-fitness/asthma-patient-hits-out-at-care-1-4578852

It's not as if it were a minor ailment either - according to Asthma UK there were 1,131 deaths from asthma in the UK in 2009.

dangerman

My wife has severe bronichal asthma on more than three occasion's this has been life threatening massive doses of cortizone given to help her breathing failed, she was put in a single room with curtains closed to die thank the lord she survived and lives an 'almost' normal life helped by using inhalers.

Asthma kills.

The One Life Centre will kill someone by turning them away it's only a matter of time before it does, then a public outcry will perhaps decide it's future for the people of Hartlepool.

But that will matter little to the person or the family that have to live with the consequences.

A belated big thank you for all those at the University Hospital of Hartlepool for saving my wife's life.

not4me

Quote: "Ali Wilson, director of commissioning and system development for NHS Tees, said: "We take any patient concern about the service they receive seriously and are committed to making sure that all patients receive good quality care at the right time in the right place.
"We are looking into the issues that have been raised and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with Mr Stubley and encourage anyone who has a concern about the care they or a relative receive to contact us directly through the PALS service on 0800 0130 500."
It's not complicated, really. These people have not only lost the plot completely but seem to have been through some sort of humanity removal process.

Inspector Knacker

They have all the charisma of a cash machine, the prepared statement, where blame is never apportioned. The reassurance of the automoton, the brick wall of indifference and the all pervading feeling you count for absolutely nothing, your opinions, concerns and worries irrelevant.
The suits are creating a brave new world of health care, the system is more important than the people, they're making it better by making it worse for us, the accessible is less accessible. They throw things into turmoil and then move on to their next project and we're left a lot poorer for it. 
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

for fawkes sake

I heard something on TV lately that in 1997 there were 4 Managers/Administrators to every patient. By the time Labour lost the election in 2010 there were 10.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."