Brash's Folly

Started by dangerman, May 25, 2012, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerman

Informed this morning by a H.B.C engineer that Baden Street is set to be re-surfaced all thank's to Cllr Brash in his attept to plough even more money into this street.

You can elections are over..spend. spend. spend.

He also informed me that the money spent on the 20mph signs are a waste of cash these speed limits are totally un-enforceable.

No one has been prosecuted for exceeding any of them to date.

not4me

DM - do you mean that they're not enforcable legally or that they don't have the resources to enforce them?
Personally, I think it means that a few of those who used to stick to 30mph will now drop to 20mph-ish and the ones who did 45-50mph will continue to do 45-50mph

no6bus

Quote from: dangerman on May 25, 2012, 01: PM
Informed this morning by a H.B.C engineer that Baden Street is set to be re-surfaced all thank's to Cllr Brash in his attept to plough even more money into this street.

You can elections are over..spend. spend. spend.

He also informed me that the money spent on the 20mph signs are a waste of cash these speed limits are totally un-enforceable.

No one has been prosecuted for exceeding any of them to date.
why am i not surprised he is going to give the smackheads a nice new surface to sit and drink on

dangerman

Right on the second point speed limits are simply ignored resources are not there to minitor speeding drivers much the same as Red Lights you can go to any main road in the town and I will donate £20.00 to any charity you care to mention that at least 10 cars or more jump the lights within 30 minutes while on red.

They're simply ignored cars speed along Murray street as if it were Brands Hatch as they do in almost every road in the town.

In fact I witnessed a car jump the lights at Hart Lane not just changed but on red, the police car driver on the opposite side just turned his head 'I see nothing' and totally ignored what should have been a six point penalty
two day's later a smash occured at this same junction.

I'm all for road safety but to resurface a street so J.B. mug in the Mail is just not on

Straight Talking

Brash has also managed to force through a one way system on the streets between Park Road and Elwick Road.

He thinks it will slow down the traffic. Must live on cloud cuckoo. Traffic all moving in one direction tends to travel faster not slower.

Putting up 20mph signs hasn't worked, so this is his latest "whip up the residents" outcome.

for fawkes sake

Quote from: Straight Talking on May 26, 2012, 07: AM
Brash has also managed to force through a one way system on the streets between Park Road and Elwick Road.

He thinks it will slow down the traffic. Must live on cloud cuckoo. Traffic all moving in one direction tends to travel faster not slower.

Putting up 20mph signs hasn't worked, so this is his latest "whip up the residents" outcome.
Notice the side-swipe from a fellow Labourite - they're really not a happy bunch, are they?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Inspector Knacker

The only way resurfacing will improve Baden Street is if the make it  about five metres deep.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

When these attempts to make a silk purse started, Brash was in the Mail saying how they's cleaned the drains out and I believe sorted out the street lighting .... how that was going to change anything I never did work out.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 26, 2012, 03: PM
When these attempts to make a silk purse started, Brash was in the Mail saying how they's cleaned the drains out and I believe sorted out the street lighting .... how that was going to change anything I never did work out.

Maybe he misunderstood the concept that rats live in drains and sewers?