H&M Retail Parks v Middleton Grange

Started by DRiddle, July 29, 2014, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

"Warehouse operator Kyle Royal, 23, from Grange Road, said: "Marks & Spencer is far too expensive anyway. I use the shopping centre for McDonald's or Greggs and do my weekly shopping at Iceland."

Where do they get these people from.... ? I'd guess his body hasn't seen a vitamin in years.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/mixed-reaction-to-m-s-closure-news-1-6758804
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

It sounds like the lad Steve referred to could do with a bit of advice and guidance regarding his diet and nutrition and such like.

It's a pity there isn't some sort of stand alone organisation to provide such wisdom...  ::)

steveL

My God - Have you read this?

Move Could Boost Tourism

I can only assume that these idiots hail from the planet THARG

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/move-could-boost-tourism-1-6758788
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

mmm....not the best of timing  ::)

Picture Caption – Pictured at Jacksons Landing from the left are Ronnie Graham of Ryder Architecture, Richard Newsome, Project Manager with GVA; Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, the Leader of Hartlepool Council; Denise Ogden, Director of Regeneration and Neighbouthoods withHartlepool Council and Damien Wilson, Assistant Director (Regeneration) with Hartlepool Council.

HARTLEPOOL COUNCIL PRESS RELEASE

Regeneration Masterplan event reminder

HARTLEPOOL residents are reminded that they have an opportunity next week to play a part in helping to draw up a radical new regeneration blueprint for Hartlepool.

Hartlepool Council is behind the ambitious Regeneration Masterplan which forms part of the Hartlepool Vision to revitalise the centre of Hartlepool, spark the town's wider regeneration and lay the foundations for its future prosperity.

GVA, the UK's largest independent commercial property firm, beat off stiff competition to land the key role in helping the Council deliver the Masterplan which covers a number of key development sites including the town's Marina and waterfront areas.

On Monday 4 August residents will be able to find out more about the ambitious blueprint and have their say at two consultation drop-in events taking place in the town. Details are as follows:

•   Central Square, Middleton Grange Shopping Centre – 11am to 5pm
•   Hartlepool's Maritime Experience (formerly Hartlepool Historic Quay) – 6pm to 8pm.

The drop-in sessions form part of an extensive consultation exercise over the next couple of months which will also includes businesses, land owners, developers and other key groups.

Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, the Leader of Hartlepool Council, said: "It is vitally important that local residents take the opportunity to participate in the consultation as this is their chance to shape the future of their town.

"When we launched the Hartlepool Vision earlier this year we gave a commitment to involve the local community and we will continue to do this throughout the master-planning process."

Feedback from the drop-in sessions and questionnaire will also help inform the Hartlepool Local Plan which the Council is currently drawing up.

Richard Newsome, an Associate in GVA's Newcastle upon Tyne office, commented: "The drop-in sessions form part of the consultation process. They give everyone in the town an opportunity to get involved and air their views on how they think the Marina and surrounding area should be developed over the next 20 years."

The master-planning of the waterfront and surrounding area will not only set out in detail what can be delivered but also show where and how this can be achieved. It aims to increase Hartlepool's profile as a major leisure and visitor destination and unlock opportunities for the economic growth of the town.

Councillor Akers-Belcher added: "We know that Hartlepool has lots of assets but there is also so much more potential to make the town a better place to live, work and visit. Hartlepool Council has very bold and ambitious plans to regenerate key areas of the town and GVA fully understand what we are aiming to achieve.

"Our aim is to create major new retail and leisure facilities, increase the town's profile as a visitor destination, make Hartlepool a centre for advanced manufacturing and produce much-needed job opportunities for the town.

"It's about promoting Hartlepool as a quality, thriving destination and together with GVA, residents, the business community and others I'm confident we can achieve this."

Consultation will continue over the Summer months and the first draft of the Masterplan is expected to be completed towards the end of 2014.

Anyone unable to attend the drop-in events will subsequently be able to complete an on-line questionnaire. They will be able to access the questionnaire from Monday (August 4) via the home page of the Council's website at www.hartlepool.gov.uk  Alternatively, they should telephone (01429) 523531 for a paper copy.

Picture Caption – Pictured at Jacksons Landing from the left are Ronnie Graham of Ryder Architecture, Richard Newsome, Project Manager with GVA; Councillor Christopher Akers-Belcher, the Leader of Hartlepool Council; Denise Ogden, Director of Regeneration and Neighbouthoods withHartlepool Council and Damien Wilson, Assistant Director (Regeneration) with Hartlepool Council.

Press release PR16511  July 31 2014.
Issued by Alastair Rae, Public Relations Manager, on 01429 523510.

one direction

Quote from: steveL on July 31, 2014, 01: PM
"Warehouse operator Kyle Royal, 23, from Grange Road, said: "Marks & Spencer is far too expensive anyway. I use the shopping centre for McDonald's or Greggs and do my weekly shopping at Iceland."

Where do they get these people from.... ? I'd guess his body hasn't seen a vitamin in years.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/mixed-reaction-to-m-s-closure-news-1-6758804

Where do they get these people? He sounds like a Hartlepool lad who is doing his best with the limits placed upon him by a poor education and a minimum wage job.  If your money will cover a nice basket of quail eggs  and some pate  for a snack from M&S or a big box of Iceland frozen meals that will last you a week then you buy the Iceland  products. Its easy to sneer at these people but they don't always deserve it.

steveL

I gather Home Bargains and Iceland are to open stores on the Tees Bay Retail Park (where B & Q is)

seaton

I can see Argos, Boots moving on when their lease expires and I am sure Primark would do if they could find a large enough site to suit them, the old TK Max store ?. If  what Steve stated is correct about Iceland and Home Bargains moving it would end up a shell. What retailer in their right mind would open a shop in there surrounded by empty shops.
I don't think the majority of people in Hartlepool would be really worried/concerned about the demise of the centre with its lack of quality shops and parking charges.
Unfortunately there are the people particularly the elderly with out cars who rely on the centre and with the lack of bus services some would probably need 2 buses to get either to Tees Bay Retail Park or Anchor Retail Park

stokoe

Can see this council putting buses on for shopping in middlesbrough,well it would be the vision for the city of tee side,and there might be a drop off points for the hospitals.

Devils advocate

Quote from: steveL on August 01, 2014, 09: AM
I gather Home Bargains and Iceland are to open stores on the Tees Bay Retail Park (where B & Q is)

I don't know about Iceland but Home bargains have got the old bowling alley on tees bay. There is a sign attached to the security fencing.

I have heard iceland have the old netto store on Skerne road.

not4me

Lost me there. Where's Skerne Road?

Devils advocate

Quote from: not4me on August 01, 2014, 12: PM
Lost me there. Where's Skerne Road?

it is next to the traffic lights on winterbottom avenue and warren road.
i think it is classed a being on Oaksway trading estate. Near SCA packaging and where the old GEC building was.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Skerne+Rd,+Hartlepool+TS24/@54.7050499,-1.2188612,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x487ef4647f198f43:0xe00c8e36d7aa2a2a

Devils advocate

According to Icelands store finder, the store on Skerene road is open.
https://www.iceland.co.uk/store-finder/?StoreFinderSearch=ts24+0re&Search=Search

steveL

That's the old Netto place that they took over. I think the one I'm talking about at B&Q is an extra one that is yet to be opened.

Devils advocate

Quote from: steveL on August 01, 2014, 02: PM
That's the old Netto place that they took over. I think the one I'm talking about at B&Q is an extra one that is yet to be opened.

My wife was talking too someone from the middleton grange iceland store and they mentioned a new store at tees bay, but they didn't know any dates which unit etc.

Inspector Knacker

The Iceland at 'Skerne Road' .....aka West View, has been open for nearly a year.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.