H&M Retail Parks v Middleton Grange

Started by DRiddle, July 29, 2014, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

They're moving out of the town centre and down to the Marina, only selling food and drink too. No clothes and what not.

stokoe

Wow thats a big worry for the mob, the town is a f***i*g shambles.

mk1

Is it just that they are opening a food outlet at the Marina rather than closing the main store?

DRiddle

I'm told that they're closing the main one in town as well as opening the 'new' one. I could be wrong, but that's the impression the staff of the one in town are under.

mk1

They announced the closure of the one in South Shields in Feb but said it was not part of a wider move in the NE. Just last month it emerged they are closing the one in Redcar..................

Devils advocate

I believe the town centre store is very near the end of it's lease and the building needs a lot of money spent to bring it up to current safety guidelines.

I have been told nothing is signed and sealed as yet on the new premises.

If it does go ahead it could be the final nail in the coffin for Middleton grange shopping centre.

The way our wonderful council is operating at the moment it will probably be a housing estate in 5 years :p

one direction

Quote from: Devils advocate on July 29, 2014, 03: PMThe way our wonderful council is operating at the moment it will probably be a housing estate in 5 years :p

Well if it was I doubt many people would miss it. There are plenty of other Greggs pasty shops in the town and no shortage of charity shops. The Poundshop could re-locate to Jacksons landing (now there's a vision for the town, that could really improve our "offer" - Come to Hartlepool the home of the worlds largest Poundshop!)

mk1

Quote from: Devils advocate on July 29, 2014, 03: PMThe Poundshop could re-locate to Jacksons landing (now there's a vision for the town, that could really improve our "offer" - Come to Hartlepool the home of the worlds largest Poundshop!)

One of the biggest draws in Oxford St London is................Primark!

Devils advocate

Quote from: mk1 on July 29, 2014, 05: PM

Quote from: Devils advocate on July 29, 2014, 03: PMThe Poundshop could re-locate to Jacksons landing (now there's a vision for the town, that could really improve our "offer" - Come to Hartlepool the home of the worlds largest Poundshop!)

One of the biggest draws in Oxford St London is................Primark!

Please check who's post you are quoting before posting, i think it should have been one direction quoted not Devils advocate

fred c

If, this is correct, it blows a massive hole in "The Dear Leaders" Visionary Plans, but still they have appointed a Planning Consultancy, to basically...... Tell the TorLab Mob what they want to hear.

Only In Hartlepool & Only Under The Mob

seaton

It would be interesting to know how long Boots and Argos have left on their leases as both have places on the Marina.

Inspector Knacker

I'd wait and see on this one.... a food outlet for a different market. Anchor retail park gets busy... so it's sn ideal opportunity to target the users. Admittedly Asda is next door..... but who wants to trawl around a large dupermarket for a few items.
Anyone visiting Jersey will no doubt notice lots of  mid size food outlets run by........ Marks and Spencer.!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

Best make it all free parking very soon then !

seaton

The council now need to make car parks in and around the shopping centre free for the first hour, you cant spend any more than hour looking round Middleton Grange Shopping Centre !

Hartlepudlion

I can see the sense in M&S opening a food outlet there. They have done so all over the Country including service stations and airports

Let us hope it is an extra because losing the Middleton Grange store really is showing the town that it is in the doldrums. Not only governments and industry not interested in the town but neither is the commercial industry. How low can the town sink under this present lot of so called leaders.