Mayor's Cabinet

Started by steveL, May 23, 2012, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Three appointments - all Independents:

John Lauderdale
Cath Hill
Paul Thompson

Labour refused to put forward any of their Councillors and it looks like the ex-Cabinet members have also been told not to volunteer their services.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Such a small list must beg the argument that the cabinet role should be got rid of and it should go to a democratic vote across all councillors for all issues.
I don't believe it.

steveL

Which effectively means it would be in the hands of Mad Marge and her 7% share of the electorate which is much less than Drummond's mandate.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Dumbo and Marge Simpson are are as bad as each other ...it appears to be a lose lose situation.
I don't believe it.

rabbit

DID THE MAYOR ASK ANY OF THE NEW HARTLEPOOL FIRST COUNCILLORS TO BECOME CABINET MEMBERS?

AND IF HE DID AND THEY REFUSED,  WHY DID THEY DO SO WHEN WE EXPECTED SO MUCH FROM THEM?

steveL

Drummond sent e-mails out to all Councillors individually, including the 4 HF Councillors who all said they would be willing to take part if asked - they weren't. The Mail story doesn't really make this clear and perhaps it should have done.

HF has effectively been locked out of the system as part of a stitch up between Labour and the Tories. No committe chairs or vice-chairs have gone to PHF Councillors, for example, even though the Tories have been given 4 Chairs/Vice-Chairs with fewer Councillors and a smaller electoral vote.

There's nothing going on here that wasn't expected. Putting an end to this kind of thing is part of the reason HF came into being in the first place.

Donkey Kong

Quote from: kipperdip on May 23, 2012, 11: AM
The eyes of UKIP on behalf of the town are watching how they act, and in particular vote in the coming months.

Didn't I read on here that these PHF people are UKIP with a different hat on?  ;D

steveL

...and does that make it true? ;D

I also read on here that SAB only made a few tenners from doing Mandelson's garden despite the later's £3,500 expense claim for gardening services or the fact that the two ABS set up a gardening services company.

dangerman

I think the Mayor will be happy with three Labour closet cabinet members all posing to be truely independent of course.

Lauderdale had visions to be Mayor some years back he left the Mayors cabinet to do so. He didn't get elected thank God.

He would have fallen asleep at every meeting he ever attended.

Cath Hill also had visions, but she takes tablets for them now.

Paul Thompson Labour. Labour. Oh sorry Independent.

As P.H.F. well that was a forgone conclusion not a chance in Hades the Mayor would have any of them they belong to a recognised Political Group.

And we can't have that can we?.

If this is the pick of the crop of Cabinet Members for Hartlepool 'well' God help us all.

Roll on the referendum One out. All out.. Sooner the better.

not4me

Great. And then all executive power will pass to Mad Dog and her bitches - which is th reason she's stopped any labour people sitting in the cabinet. If you could turn sheer spite into pound coins then Mad Dog would be very rich indeed.

The Great Dictator

Drummond is a desperate man now, he sacked Lauderdale 7 years ago from cabinet and Thompson is in need of some cash.
Kath Hill is his only lap dog.

mk1

Mad Dog shows off her latest trophies.

The Great Dictator

Her balls are actually bigger than that..

for fawkes sake

Not that you're letting your personal feelings towards Lilley influence your opinion or anything. ;)
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

dangerman

Don't be too hasty in writing P.H.F off from little acorn's grow mighty oaks and so will this new party. 2014 will see local & National elections.

I'm quite sure that the lessons learned from the last election will not be repeated next time around we'll see more P.H.F. candidates being elected.

The leader of P.H.F has a lot of enemies within the council chamber from all political groups I understand that plans are in place for metal detectors on the doors to the Council Chamber.

I can imagine what he he'd say to the new chairman S.A.B.

Your a big man but your out of shape now behave yourself. 'I do this for a living'.  'Get Carter'  Michael Caine.