A Smashing Time for Wilcox

Started by steveL, May 20, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazysky

She has spent the day putting jewellery for sale on the ' for sale in Middlesbrough' group on Facebook... I do hope it's to pay off any outstanding monies owed elsewhere

The Great Dictator

mk1

Quote from: Hazysky on May 26, 2014, 10: PM
She has spent the day putting jewellery for sale on the ' for sale in Middlesbrough' group on Facebook...

That is what happens when you make Cranny keeper of the  Mace and Chains!

one direction

So is this a landlord having their house smashed up as a result of Wilcox? or is it her own property being destroyed? If its a rental property then why should she care......?

mk1

I wonder where Angie got the  wit to  be able to spirit away so much money without being detected. One would think she needed guidance  from someone who had done it before.

Anyway  it is pointless to speculate because we we will never find out.

You would think the Council officers would have learnt a lesson  after this scandal from way back

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/business-ban-for-former-councillor-1-989048

A FORMER councillor who ran up debts of more than £300,000 at a security firm has been banned from running a business for five years.

Kevin Cranney, who represented the Rift House ward in Hartlepool until 1997, carried on trading with Mutual Securities months after he knew it was insolvent.

He failed to pay off creditors and ran up huge debts in the hope a buyer could be found for the failed firm. The company eventually wound up in February 1996 owing 305,615.

Yesterday s successful director s disqualification at Newcastle County Court brings to an end a four-year legal battle for 44-year-old Mr Cranney which has seen him cleared of theft but ultimately fail as a businessman.

The hearing was brought by the secretary of state for trade and industry who felt that Mr Cranney was incompetent as a director of Mutual Securities.

Prosecutor Jonathan Holmes said Mr Cranney hid behind a series of fraudulent transactions carried out by dishonest staff members that ultimately turned profits into losses.

But instead of rectifying the wrongdoing, he turned a blind eye while the debts built up.

You should have known what was going on. You re the director, said Mr Holmes.

This wasn t even rectified after directors had their fingers burned not once but twice by previous staff.

Mr Cranney was invited onto the board of Mutual Securities the trading arm of the Owton Fens Community Association as an unpaid non-executive director in 1992. His knowledge of fundraising and grant applications was seen as useful.

The company s aim was to find security guard work for people from areas of high unemployment or decline. Contracts included Hartlepool Borough Council, Mill House Leisure Centre and a nightclub.

The company began to do well but the fraudulent activities of two former employees led to its ultimate downfall.

Specifically, accounts manager Alan Hart jailed for six months in 1996 for stealing almost 12,000 from the firm to fund a luxury lifestyle.

Hart was responsible for paying creditors as well as the monthly Inland Revenue and VAT returns.

But he failed to cough up for months on end, instead telling directors, including Mr Cranney, that everything was under control.

Mr Cranney, of Stockton Road, Hartlepool, should never have accepted that explanation, argued Mr Holmes.

Addressing District Judge John Wilson, Mr Holmes said: Mr Cranney knew what the position was but there was no howl of outrage.

Mr Cranney told you that he never trusted Mr Hart, that he thought he was lazy, that he wasn t putting in the returns but he did nothing about it.

Defending, barrister Matthew Caswell said the court needed to be satisfied that Mr Cranney was unfit to run a company.

He has been an honest, trustworthy and efficient director, he said.

But District Judge Wilson disagreed and banned him for five years. He must also pay costs the level of which have yet to be decided.

Speaking after the case, Mr Cranney said he felt he had been let down by justice.

This has been hanging round me for four years but at least everyone said it was not for self gain it was for people and jobs

Oh and whilst we are on the subject this  was posted on the Mail site under the fawning article about the latest contribution to 'The Vision'

Hartlepool hotel to undergo £250k revamp as part of plans to regenerate town – but nightclub shuts down

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/business/hartlepool-hotel-to-undergo-250k-revamp-as-part-of-plans-to-regenerate-town-but-nightclub-shuts-down-1-6640825#comments-area

Don't suppose either of the councilors have actually done a search on Mr Morton.Company House search shows over 30 companies he has been a director/owner of have gone into administration, declared bankrupt,wound up,or under a special order since 1995

peterf

She rented a house from me, caused a lot of damage as I've described elsewhere in this forum and then strung out the small claims court for a year. The local bailiff, paid for by me to go and serve a warrant on her actually just told her how to get out of paying a penny to me!!!

She told the court that she couldn't pay because she doesn't have a bank account. I sent them the details of two of her bank accounts that I knew of. So now the court has finally ruled that she can pay me the £3000ish that she owes at a rate of £5 per month. So it will be paid off around the time I get my telegram from the Queen.

peterf

p.s. I don't know if the house in Minch Rd is rented, but in any case it's not hers, it's her boyfriend's. What a surprise when the bailiffs call round, nothing belongs to her. Not even the bikes, computers and clothes she ordered from Very.co.uk using our names.

mk1

Is it possible you could scan and post  documets to show  someone was  using your identity to  order goods?

pensionater

I think we should be careful that anything posted on here does not jeopardize the chance of a successful conviction.Fingers crossed.

mk1

I understand the firm declined to take action against Mzzzz Wilcox  so no worries on that score.
The missing MRA funds are another  matter.