A Smashing Time for Wilcox

Started by steveL, May 20, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I gather Ms Wilcox is missing pretty well all of her house windows today. Not entirely sure if it was courtesy of a local hurler or perhaps a young entrepreneur who had realised the ticket potential of setting up the Manor equivalent of a coconut shy.

It could be something to do with several members of the former management committee of Manor Residents having received demands from HMRC for unpaid National Insurance Contributions from the disgraced community group - £319,600 to be precise - and yes you DID read that right.

National Insurance was deducted from staff wages but somehow never quite made it to the tax office. I know of four so far who have received the letters all threatening bankruptcy if payment is not received within 6 days (long since passed).

The question on everyone's lips: have former Trustees Stephen Akers-Belcher and Paul Beck received theirs?

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

pensionater

Cranny must have started a window fitting business.

Jeff

They might have been aiming for the Marjorie James posters in her windows.
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

not4me

Interested

Will this sad sorry affair ever be sorted?

How many more "victims" is this sad specimen of a person going to leave high and dry with her despicable behaviour?

The saddest thing with the whole sorry affair is that she doesn't give a toss, and constantly bleats on about her innocence, she (and her hangers on - you all know who you are) lived the high life for a long time. Spending money hand over fist and blatantly "stealing" from HMRC and misleading those she employed.

How many innocent former employees have found out that they haven't been paying sufficient National Insurance Contributions and then having to go through the process of sorting it out.

Utterly unbelievable that our (we as a town elected them) leaders turned a blind eye and initially tried to defend her........hang your heads in shame......you are as guilty as the sorry specimen that continues to bring shame and embarrassment to this town and council.

Not for one minute have you had the b***s to hold your hands up and apologise, oh sorry it takes someone with b***s to do that..............Shameful >:( >:( >:( >:(

The Great Dictator

fred c

If it is correct that the total sum owed to HMRC is £320,000 somewhere along the line she will be held to account for that, either the cops or HMRC will be looking into the Scam.

But the unhealthy lack of action by our council is something of a mystery, there was an awful lot of information kicking around at the time about what was going on at MRA yet it took 18 months or more for anything to be done.

The staggering fact however was that HBC & "The Mob" kept paying both MRA & Who Cares N/E...... When "Handsome Ste & P Beck" resigned from the board of trustees, they should have requested an investigation into the reason why they felt it necessary to do so.

Has anyone heard one word of condemnation by any of "The Mob" over this ?

Have any of them offered any support to the 4 employees who were so disgracefully treated by Wilcox ?

steveL

Spot on Fred. 18 months from the 'To the Manor Born' article first appearing on the Post to Stubbs finally being forced to call in the Police. Even after the tribunal cases, he was still telling people at Drummond's farewell do at the Domes that Wilcox had done nothing wrong and that it was all 'a misunderstanding over contracted hours'.

It's the internal culture within HBC to keep everything inside the Civic Centre. Protecting the 'organisation' is viewed as being far more important than protecting the public interest.

In time, the Wynyard affair will prove to be equally damaging to the reputation of HBC. It says much when Peer Group reports intended to examine the way the council is run are themselves the subject of attempts at suppression.   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

I am totally convinced that, if HBC could have found a way, they would have been quite happy for Manor Residents, with Wilcox at the helm, to continue on as before. This was something that ran away from those who would rather have kept the whole sordid affair under wraps thanks largely to this website.

It is, a cultural thing and I don't think the problem will be truly resolved until we have a mass clear out of those far too willing to turn a blind eye.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

Quote from: for fawkes sake on May 21, 2014, 12: PM
I am totally convinced that, if HBC could have found a way, they would have been quite happy for Manor Residents, with Wilcox at the helm, to continue on as before. This was something that ran away from those who would rather have kept the whole sordid affair under wraps thanks largely to this website.

It is, a cultural thing and I don't think the problem will be truly resolved until we have a mass clear out of those far too willing to turn a blind eye.

It was only very recently that Wilcox was made "Persona Non Grata" at Kilmarnock Road, so she was obviously still operating in some capacity at MRA... or whatever it calls itself now. ?

jimbo

I can assure you Fred, Wilcox has nothing to do with the centre now. Her daughter and the best friend :o have had the front to request backdated pay from January !!!! Wonder if they will take the new management committee to a employment tribunal  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Interested

Nothing will ever surprise me!!

The downright contempt "Ange" and her offspring have shown others is beyond belief.

How the mighty have fallen  ;) ;) ;)

for fawkes sake

Out of 'interest', how many of the 'new' management committee were on the 'old' management committee?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

jimbo

two are left from the committee that's was formed in Nov 13, these are the 2 who where and still are working with the police & charity commission. Although what I find highly ridiculous, is that for months these 2 individuals battled with the charity commission over Wilcox and still to this day haven't received full support, but Wilcox's  daughter can contact the commission claiming she has stored a dishwasher in the container and they are advised to hand it back !!!!!!! Have these forgot about all the assets that are missing ????? stinks from high heaven !!!

But we keep battling on and hopefully justice will be served !!!

fred c

You have to wonder what else was stored in "that container" & if the cops were told about said container & its location.

It can`t be easy hiding £320,000 of NI cash, the huge amount will not be taken lightly by HMRC or the Cops....