will an expat make a good councillor?.

Started by pensionater, May 10, 2014, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensionater

Can someone who goes under the name of "tenerifejohn" really say he's putting Hartlepool first.

no6bus

I happen to know that tenerife John was a user name he used a long time ago when he was involved in a weekly newspaper in tenerife and has simply kept. I actually drive number 7 buses but kept no6bus so as not to confuse some of the less gifted on here.

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on May 10, 2014, 09: PM
I actually drive number 7 buses but kept no6bus so as not to confuse some of the less gifted on here.

I remember when you worked for United and were called '227'

Inspector Knacker

Better an expat than the present cowpat.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

notenoughsaid

Reply to Pensionater....what is in a name.?   Because a man decides  to use a pseudonym whilst working abroad on a local newspaper does that bar him from standing  in an election in his own town?   I feel it is all getting a bit desperate and petty.   I  know the guy from our school days (50 + years ago ) . Sorry John!!! and he seems to me quite a good selection on behalf of PHF.   Our paths have rarely crossed over the years although I remember reading about his activities in Tenerife and being rather proud of a son of Hartlepool being involved and carrying the flag for the Town.   He appeared in the local Mail and I thought it was an interesting article from a personal point of view.
   Not so long back he posted using his full name on this  site.  Whats the problem.? Good luck to him and his son. Change is long overdue.

pensionater

The real question is what amount of time will he be able to give to his constituents.When Driddle announced that his father was standing he was out of the country at the time(apparently).So i assume he still spends quite a bit of time abroad,reasonable questions that need answering  i believe.Maybe he's out of the country now.

Pwilson

If a councillor is in another country it still has to be better than being in the parallel universe inhabited by the Labour-Conservative group of Hartlepool. 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Pwilson on May 11, 2014, 06: PM
If a councillor is in another country it still has to be better than being in the parallel universe inhabited by the Labour-Conservative group of Hartlepool.

:) Well said Pwilson! @ Pensionater - If you look at The Hartlepool Post Facebook site (see the link on the front page), you can read about where John Riddle is and what he has has been doing ......

Inspector Knacker

A councillor resident in another solar system would be an improvement on this  Lab Con love in .
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

pensionater

So you don't think it matters,ok.Just he doesn't mention it on his face book page,anyway don't bother with pages you have to join /like before you can comment on them. 

DRiddle

I've seen some bizarre threads in my 2 or 3 years frequenting this forum, but this one is right up there with the most ridiculous.

The logic seems to be that because someone has the word 'Tenerife' in their e-mail handle, that means they can't be a good councillor.

I'm sure my father can speak for himself but here are the facts.

He's lived in Hartlepool all his life (I think he's 64), apart from about 2 years between about 2002/3 when he was fortunate enough to be able to take early retirement and he did indeed move to Tenerife for a while.

He decided to move back, I think in early 2004 ish and moved back to Hartlepool, where he's lived for around the last 10 years.

So aside from the 62 or so years of his life he's lived here, you think Pensionater, that a couple of years sunning it in Tenerife around 10 years ago should rule him out?

You are also a very  strange individual if you think the fact that he has a couple of weeks holiday in Tenerife a year should rule him out. Do you think OTHER  councillors don't holiday?

You argument is without doubt the most ill thought out, badly constructed 'reason' to imply not to vote for someone I think I've ever heard.

Only in Hartlepool...

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on May 11, 2014, 07: PM

The logic seems to be that because someone has the word 'Tenerife' in their e-mail handle, that means they can't be a good councillor.

Much simpler. It is 'PHF' that draws the vultures. No matter how many of these  bogus issues are  dealt with the same posters will bounce back  with another  fabrication. In short they will never be placated. I say feck em all. Don't even try to be nice to them.  Treat them the way they treat you.

pensionater

Back in your kennel Mk1,i can't recall asking nobody not to vote for him,just think people should ask questions about any candidates no matter which party they represent.Like i said before i don't vote for people just because they tell me there the best thing since sliced bread,that's one of the reasons the town's in the state it is.Just find it funny that you want to give some people  a medal for asking questions when others get lambasted

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on May 11, 2014, 07: PM
Just find it funny that you want to give some people  a medal for asking questions when others get lambasted

I don't lambast you for asking questions. Ask away.  That way we can see  how you 'questions' seem to be fairly narrowly focused. .

I see Riddle as somewhate naive in his  belief the stalkers can be reasoned with or won over by a cogent reply. They can not. They are driven by deep psychological  problem that can only be alleviated by  strong medication.   I think he wastes too much time being nice to 'them'. I would just tell 'them'  to go forth and multiply. 

If anyone wants to attack me then Give it your best shot. Just be aware I am not one for turning the other cheek and you might not like my response.

pensionater

I don't want to ask you questions you are of no interest to me whatever.You really should try talking to people face to face instead of just in the virtual world.I think you'll find they don't all have an hidden agenda.