Teesside or Durham?

Started by Inspector Knacker, May 01, 2014, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Maybe some of us want to know what ALL the politicians think on  the matter...it is very important  for the towns future...... I expetienced Cleveland from its birth to its unlamented death....I don't want to experience it again.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

QuoteI must admit Driddle it didn't take long for you to turn into a true politician,i.e,when someone asks you a question try and figure out what answer they are looking for and tell them what you think they want to hear. P.S who is Bailey?.

Regarding my perceived 'politicians answer', to add some meat to those bones I work in an area of Teesside that has had massive, and I mean TENS OF MILLIONS of pounds worth of investment in it, which I believe would not have occurred without the 'Teesside tag', that area being the Middlehaven area of Middlesbrough.

However, I live in Hartlepool, which has had very little, a few crumbs from that table. In fact, as has been commented by others, the major investment in one the most stalwart Labour Heartlands in the entire country, ironically, came from 'Tory Money'. A situation which appears to be happening again with the recent £70 million of government money in our region.

As I said, I'm aware of the history with Durham, Cleveland etc. I was asked a question... I gave an answer. My answer was/is that I want to know more about what's on offer from the whole 'city deal' versus 'go it alone' or 'make formal ties with Durham' etc. The best situation for the town is the one I'd go with. 

DRiddle

I agree Dave. The question is trivial in the grand scheme of the mess our town currently finds itself in. It may well prove relevant somewhere down the line, but currently certain people are too busy filling their boots to even care about what's written above our postcodes.

This topic is similar to debating whether Ronnie Biggs had a valid train ticket...

pensionater

I still don't know who Bailey is that was referred to in previous post,Is it an in joke or something?.

steveL

I think we can all manage to think of more than one thing at once. Yes there are local elections on but a lot of people don't want greater integration with Teesside and there's room on this forum for more than one debate.- participation in any discussion isn't compulsory.

I can remember when Middlesbrough made the move to abolish the Tees Valley name in favour of its own preference of Teesside. The debate was all the rage for a while in Middlesbrough and Stockton yet it passed us in Hartlepool by on a wave of indifference. During this very localised debate Ray Mallon told the Evening Gazette that we wasn't bothered one way or the other if Hartlepool became incorporated into Teesside. Kinda sums things up nicely.

From where I'm standing, it's a case of Been There, Done That, Got the T-Shirt....and the T-Shirt says: NEVER AGAIN
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

QuoteI still don't know who Bailey is that was referred to in previous post,Is it an in joke or something?.

I believe the comment refers to Ian Bailey, a local roofer. Someone claimed he was a mate of mine. I went to school with him (along with around 1400 other people). I think some local ex-hack or one of his pals tried to therefore claim that I was a friend or associate of his.

The reality is I haven't seen him for years, maybe literally once or two twice in 20 years in the away end at Hartlepool United games.

I think it's just more of the bizarre fixation that some people have with me on this forum in recent weeks.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kipperdip on May 02, 2014, 06: PM
Having read through this entire thread I'm left hanging my head in total despair.

With the town up to its extremities in sleaze, corruption, ineptitude, profligacy and nepotism, I just ask, is this what you consider a priority topic?
Surely this is a debate that can wait for another day?

Contributors so far would truly have formed a committee to decide on just exactly how the deck chairs on the Titanic should be arranged as the vessel was sinking.  For God's sake get real and face just what has happened to our town.  Hartlepool has been shafted by a bunch of deadbeats and jobsworths does it really matter at this stage whether we're in Cleveland, Teesside or Durham - we've still been shafted.

Can none of you see the sheer futility of this debate?
Futile to you....but maybe some of us have dfferent priorities. There are some topics I find utterly banal but simply avoid viewing them.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on May 02, 2014, 06: PM
I agree Dave. The question is trivial in the grand scheme of the mess our town currently finds itself in. It may well prove relevant somewhere down the line, but currently certain people are too busy filling their boots to even care about what's written above our postcodes.

This topic is similar to debating whether Ronnie Biggs had a valid train ticket...
Trivial to you, but I like to question all the candidates. It may be a distraction to some but   this isn't Pyonyang and we don't all share the same set of priorities.

Jamescampbell78

Pensionater,

Ian Bailey is a bit more that a roofer, he's a local football hooligan, there's a YouTube video somewhere prominently featuring him promoting the "Blue Order" which it seems is the holligan element associating itself with Hartlepool United.

He was also in court some time ago for beating the grandmother of his infant child around the head with a broom handle whilst she was holding said child.

I've only come across him on the PHF Facebook page.

pensionater

Could the EDL have infiltrated the PHF.Surely not.Any way Driddle said he hasn't had anything to do with him for ages ,so that's alright  then.

Jamescampbell78

You see if I was the nosey sort I'd have a look to see whether David Riddle has a Facebook page and who his Facebook friends were.

I used to be able to see who the PHF were interacting with but alas no more.

fred c

I might be trivilalising the thread, but FFS get off Dave Riddles back, i would sooner have a dozen Dave Riddles than the shower of sh*t that are currently running the town.

I have direct experience of Cab & the Fat Boy, they are a pair of self serving saddo`s that are, at the moment free to say & do as they wish with impunity, the overriding factor in the politics of Hartlepool is for the people of Hartlepool to get shot of the pair of them ASAP.

And if the elected "Member" does read this forum........... it would be beneficial to him to get shot of the Visionary Duo ASAP, otherwise they will contribute to him asking the GMB if they require an accountant in 2015.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on May 02, 2014, 11: PM
I might be trivilalising the thread, but FFS get off Dave Riddles back, i would sooner have a dozen Dave Riddles than the shower of sh*t that are currently running the town.

I have direct experience of Cab & the Fat Boy, they are a pair of self serving saddo`s that are, at the moment free to say & do as they wish with impunity, the overriding factor in the politics of Hartlepool is for the people of Hartlepool to get shot of the pair of them ASAP.

And if the elected "Member" does read this forum........... it would be beneficial to him to get shot of the Visionary Duo ASAP, otherwise they will contribute to him asking the GMB if they require an accountant in 2015.
I want to see the back of them as much as you. I just asked if he wanted to be part of Teesside or not....I like yes or no from my politicians not the Mr Micawber see what turns up stance.... it's imporant for this towns future..... and all the  jibber jabber about post codes was an irrelevance. If we end up chained to Teesside we'll pay the price.
All I wanted was an answer to be debated post election...not now.

clav 73

James your like a dog with a bone over D Riddell  staking him on face book

Seriously I people on my page that I haven't seen or spoken to in 20 years but went to school with them

I believe you have harry blackwood as a friend on your account as you mention this previously yet he says he's never ever met you and we all know Harry never lies

Please get a life and move on its not as he's up for election in your ward and you don't intend to vote anyway

clav 73

PS I don't know or have ever met D riddle and he's not even on my Facebook page