UKIPs future MP for Hartlepool....

Started by DRiddle, May 01, 2014, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryehill

DRiddle

Mr Wilson, I'm genuinely interested. What made you selected a Tesco checkout worker/Part Time Wrestler from Stockton to potentially be MP for Hartlepool?

I would genuinely like to have been a fly on the wall during the thought process and discussion behind this decision.

Surely Richard Elvin would have been a more credible option?

Or have I just hit the nail on the head? The wrestler is a PR exercise... right?

Ryehill

Wrong again . Phillip Broughton's hobby was not a consideration in his selection as the U.K.I.P. candidate for Hartlepool, neither was his employment.  What we were looking for was exactly what you would want in a  candidate. He is young, energetic , knowledgable and articulate.
     To be selected as a candidate for U.K.I.P. in the European or Westminster elections the applicant has to go through a rigorous interview as well as a strict vetting procedure. During that procedure applicants are questioned about their life away from politics. Phillip told the panel about his part time hobby. They did not see that as a problem and Phillip was duly accepted as a candidate.
    In February this year the local branch held a public meeting at the Cricket Club. The first speaker was Phillip. His speech was outstanding in content and presentation . After the meeting he was approached to apply for the position of P.P.C for U.K.I.P. Hartlepool
    In his role as U.K.I.P.'s 3rd candidate in the European elections he has taken part in debates all over the region, including one, last week, at Sedgefield. On the panel were the leading candidates for the other parties. I am told that the Political Editor of the Northern Echo was in attendance and I am sure he could provide you with an impartial opinion of Phillip's performance.
   As the U.K.I.P. campaign develops over the next 12 months a lot of people are going to have adjust their judgement of Phillip which was initially  based on a spurious video.

pensionater

So again a newby asks a question and Driddle thinks it's a conspiracy.If you told the truth when i first asked you, someone else who probably knows the true events ,wouldn't have asked you again.

mk1

Quote from: Ryehill on May 05, 2014, 04: PM
     To be selected as a candidate for U.K.I.P. in the European or Westminster elections the applicant has to go through a rigorous interview as well as a strict vetting procedure.

How many sitting UKIP Euro MPs have been prosecuted/left or been kicked out of the party in the last 10 years?

I can think of 5 straight away.

DRiddle

Pensionater, are you reading the same thread as the rest of us? You asked me a question, totally unrelated to this thread, I answered it anyway, and someone who has NEVER once before (apparently) posted on here, starts throwing their 10pence worth in. Hiding behind a false name as most with no spine do. I've explained why I switched jobs. It was for a promotion. It's what people tend to do.

In terms of Ryehill's comments, that doesn't really answer my questions does it? Why should people from Hartlepool vote for him? What does he offer aside from being a relatively good speaker compared to who you normally put up. Why not Richard Elvin? I've seen all of his (Broughton's) videos on his website for what it's worth.

Ryehill

In reply to MK1 that is exactly why this strict selection procedure was introduced.
DRiddle our last candidate was a founder member of P.H.F. Steven Allison who is a good speaker and debater. Richard Elvin is likely to fight another constituency.

DRiddle

I'm aware of Steven's previous affiliation to UKIP. Of all the UKIP people I've came into contact with over recent years, Richard seemed the most clued up. I chaired a Q and A session with him and Andy McDonald (MP for Middlesbrough) last year.

I didn't agree with many of Richard's views, but he came across well.

Pwilson

Who else was involved in the hustings event if this bloke is the best UKIP can do?

Was he the only one that didn't say anything racist or homophobic in his speech?

If some dullard from Stockon who campaigns on national issues and has failed to be elected 3 times as a candidate for a more credible party wins a seat in Hartlepool I'll eat my socks then leave the town for good.

Nobody from UKIP is interested in anything that actually matters they are just trading on the fact that older people vote and are susceptible to bigotry and suggestions regarding immigrants and gays making the world a bad place.

Let's face it if UKIP predictions came true Hartlepool would be like Atlantis because of the SCABS.

Mican

Quote from: Pwilson on May 05, 2014, 08: PM

Nobody from UKIP is interested in anything that actually matters they are just trading on the fact that older people vote and are susceptible to bigotry and suggestions regarding immigrants and gays making the world a bad place.

I take it that you are from the younger generation judging by your comments, that has got to be the biggest load of patronising crap I have ever heard,  come back when you have seen life then tell us what we need to know.

mk1

All dancing on the head of a pin because it is never going to happen.
UKIP are a party of the far right. The manifesto is full of far-right dog whistle promises.  Increased defence spending/more jails/end min wage/end workers right/more money for big business/blame it all of foriegn people etc.  Thats why it is a magnet for BNP and  extreme Tories. They only have to take say 5% of the Tory vote to give Labour a majority.
To be sure they will take some Labour votes but not enough to offset the  critical damage they will do to the Tories.
I see a deal coming where Nigel gets his lifes ambition (a seat in the Lords) in return for  standing down a few critical UKIP candidates in the next election.

Leave  UKIP and the Tories in their embrace of death.................

UKIP have only 2 chances of winning Hartlepool in a General Election.
No chance and No fecking chance!

Pwilson

Quote from: Mican on May 05, 2014, 08: PM

I take it that you are from the younger generation judging by your comments, that has got to be the biggest load of patronising crap I have ever heard,  come back when you have seen life then tell us what we need to know.

Yes because clearly what us folk in our 30s with young families need is a load of bitter people who have milked the country dry and ruined god knows what to tell us how to make a good future for our children.

I've been to many places and done a great many things and as soon as a political group uses Race, Religion, Nationality, Sexuality or other non issues to fight for dominance you're sliding down a very slippery pole into a pit nobody really wants to land in.

I'm not happy about a number of things to do with the UK in Europe but I don't identify with the aims of UKIP and certainly believe strongly that beyond retirement age those involved in politics should take a back seat as we need to plan for the future not dwell on the past.

Mican

Quote from: Mican on May 05, 2014, 08: PM

Yes because clearly what us folk in our 30s with young families need is a load of bitter people who have milked the country dry and ruined god knows what to tell us how to make a good future for our children.

I've been to many places and done a great many things and as soon as a political group uses Race, Religion, Nationality, Sexuality or other non issues to fight for dominance you're sliding down a very slippery pole into a pit nobody really wants to land in.

I'm not happy about a number of things to do with the UK in Europe but I don't identify with the aims of UKIP and certainly believe strongly that beyond retirement age those involved in politics should take a back seat as we need to plan for the future not dwell on the past.

Wow, I bet your parents will be highly delighted with you if they find out your interpretation of the older generation, do you think you will still be on their Christmas card list, that is if they are still able to realise what Christmas is.  As for your comments on OAP's in politics, how many OAP's are in the government or the shadow cabinet or indeed have been over the last 20 years.  As for younger MP's who look to the future, are you talking about people like Blair, who followed George W. Bush like a blind lap dog taking us into an illegal war which cost not only the lives of hundreds of our servicemen but also thousands of innocent civilians in Iraq, this lit the tinderbox in the Middle East, which is still costing our servicemen and women their lives.  What about that other young genius, Gordon Brown who sold our gold reserves at a knock down price and then plundered the private pension funds destroying the future of hundreds of thousands of people who were putting into these funds for their future.  If this is what you envisage the future of you and your family under young MP's then I feel sorry for your children.

Pwilson

Mican, if you'd managed to be less condescending or personal in your reply to someone you don't know I may have responded to the rest of your points with a bit of sense.

'Respect your elders by just letting them be as ignorant and bull headed as they like regardless of what is best seems to be your point of view'

Mican

Quote from: Pwilson on May 07, 2014, 10: PM
Mican, if you'd managed to be less condescending or personal in your reply to someone you don't know I may have responded to the rest of your points with a bit of sense.

'Respect your elders by just letting them be as ignorant and bull headed as they like regardless of what is best seems to be your point of view'

Here we have someone who states that our geriatric MP's were " a load of bitter people who have milked the country dry and ruined god knows what to tell us how to make a good future for our children." he then goes on to state, for some obscure reason, that my reply was " condescending or personal". Amazing

Now that you have had time to get over that vicious attack perhaps you could tell the public, who vote MP's in, just which young, far thinking people they should vote for, perhaps you can also tell the public, who voted them in, which geriatrics they should now get rid of;.