UKIPs future MP for Hartlepool....

Started by DRiddle, May 01, 2014, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: laughingoutloud on May 05, 2014, 08: AM
When you say you left English Martyrs because you were offered the chance to run a new £9 million A Level college, just wondered how many other jobs you applied for before finally being offered that one.  ???

FFS.

What has that got to do with DRiddel standing for council in the Hart Ward ?..............

Maybe you should be asking questions like......... How long is it since the likes of Carl Richardson & his Ilk have actually been in meaningful employment ?

the_exile

Not being funny here like, but how many of the current crop are either "full time" councillors ie basically unemployed or alternatively earn their corn via some charitable organisation with links to the council?

I wonder how many "jumped up benefits clerk" positions the Belchers had to apply for?

There are some people on this forum who appear he'll bent on putting a negative spin on anything DRiddle does or says.

Get into the council DRiddle and use the negative doomsayers something to think about

laughingoutloud

I think my question is relevant given the context of driddle's reply to Pensionator's question. Did you leave English Martyrs because you were offered this position or was it the only one out of many applied for that you were offered?

DRiddle

So for laughingoutloud, the FIRST message you EVER post on this forum (apparently), is this one...

QuoteWhen you say you left English Martyrs because you were offered the chance to run a new £9 million A Level college, just wondered how many other jobs you applied for before finally being offered that one.

Very bizarre. I actually think I know who has posted that message. The vindictiveness made me pity the person in question.

DRiddle

Getting back to the topic of the title of the thread (rather than my career progression), I'd love an answer from a UKIP member about why I should be voting from a part-time wrestler who works as Tesco to be my MP.

laughingoutloud

So let me get this right, you are happy to question the profession of others but not for your profession to be questioned?

DRiddle

I've been very clear about what I do for a living. It's not a secret. My question regarding the UKIP candidate to be my MP was what specifically does he do with Tesco?

There's a big difference in the range of jobs they have on offer.

If he's the CEO, then i'll vote for him. (Although I doubt he'd be willing to take the pay cut).

If he replenishes shelves or operates the checkout, then again, without being a 'career snob' that would indicate to me he potentially doesn't yet have the skill set to turn our town around.

admin

This is the Press Release issued when Broughton was selected

PRESS RELEASE
(Issued by: Dave Pascoe, Press Officer, NE Region, UKIP)

U.K.I. P. HARTLEPOOL ANNOUNCE ADOPTION OF PROSPECTIVE PARLIAMENTARY CANDIDATE FOR 2015 GENERAL ELECTION

On Tuesday 15th April there was a 'hustings' event held at The Hourglass, PH in Hartlepool at which Phillip Broughton was officially adopted to be the UKIP PPC at the General Election of 2015.
In full compliance with the rules and regulations of both the Electoral Commission, and UKIP's procedures, Phillip duly received the votes of a minimum of two thirds of members present to duly endorse his candidacy.

CONTACT  / PERSONAL DETAILS FOR PHILLIP BROUGHTON

NAME: PHILLIP BROUGHTON
ADDRESS:
85, LONGLEAT WALK,
INGLEBY BARWICK,
STOCKTON-ON-TEES,
CLEVELAND,
TS17 5DZ
TELEPHONE: 07733 153293
E-Mail: phillipthegiantkiller@hotmail.com

PHILLIP BROUGHTON CV

•   WORK: TESCO CHECKOUT/CUSTOMER TEAM LEADER AND ALSO CO-RUNS A WRESTLING PROMOTION ENTERPRISE
•   POLITICAL EXPEERIENCE: HAS PARTICIPATED AS A CONSERVATIVECANDIDATE IN 3 LOCAL ELECTION CAMPAIGNS IN STOCKTON – 2005, 2007 AND 2011
•   POLITICAL ACHIEVEMENT:  STOCKTON BOROUGH COUNCILLOR (CONSERVATIVE)  2007- 2011, WORKED ON PLANNING AND CYP COMMITTEES'

In Phillip's presentation at the hustings he listed the following areas as his national political priorities which he will strongly promote during the campaign.....

•   Increase in Defence spending
•   Cut Foreign Aid
•   End uncontrolled immigration as currently exists due to our membership of the EU
•   Bring about tougher policies on Law and Order
•   A referendum on our EU membership to be held immediately
•   Smaller government bringing about real reductions in government debt
•   Lower taxes to help small and medium sized businesses
•   Strongly oppose 'green' taxes, useless and costly wind turbines, and promote the greater use of nuclear energy
•   Tackle the welfare culture and stress that we need policies that always guarantees that it pays to work

Phillip has declared that he will adopt the following campaign strategy..................

•   Establish regular UKIP newsletters, covering local and national issues, for circulation in the constituency
•   Establish a dedicated website / blog
•   Establish a dedicated 'Facebook' page
•   Establish 'YouTube stream to allow video contact with the electorate
•   Extensive Public meetings during the campaign
•   High Profile contact with the electorate which  guarantees – extensive canvassing, use of highly prominent street stalls to promote our message, and, the use of 'action days' in every part of the constituency

In May 2015 Hartlepool has a real opportunity to make a real difference to the decades of stagnant, wasteful and just plain unrepresentative government that Hartlepool has endured for far too long.  By electing a UKIP MP, the people of Hartlepool have the opportunity of saying 'NO' to the tired old political establishment that has heaped so much misery, treachery and low esteem upon our town and the country in general.
May 2015 could be a real 'turning point' in North East politics – MAKE IT HAPPEN.

THE FUTURE IS COMMON SENSE – THE FUTURE IS UKIP.

For any further information on this PR and for ongoing campaign information and updates please contact:

Dave Pascoe,
Press Officer,
NE Region UKIP

Address:
64, Dunbar Road,
Hartlepool,
TS25 5DX
TEL: 01429 223754
E-Mail: d.j.pascoe@virginmedia.com

Ryehill

It might be useful at this point to summarise the  discussion relating to the choice of candidates to fight the General Election.
     Steve. L wants any candidate to be absolutely devoid of any kind of indiscretion in both their public and private lives. DRiddle  wants someone who can cure all the ills which blight Hartlepool  . A kind of miracle worker. Very laudable. Unfortunately the only person I know who might have fitted their strict criteria died about 2000 years ago. Even He , according to some, wouldn't have been acceptable because He wasn't local .

DRiddle

Eric, seriously. Set aside your affiliation to your party for a second. Now imagine the following scenario...

Imagine me approaching Geoff Lilley... "Geoff! Geoff! I've just found the guy I think we need to take on Iain Wright in the general election next year".

"Really Dave? Where did you meet him?"

"Well, I met him twice actually, earlier in the day he was scanning and bagging my haemorrhoid cream in Tesco, then later I went to that new 'Cafe' in the cemetery and they had some wrestling on. They have an entertainments license now you see, so that's allowed. Anyway, this fella was brilliant, he could do elbow drops, headlocks, the lot, and he was wearing some really cool lycra pants".

"RRRiiigggghhhhhhtt"..... (Geoff looks puzzled) "Is there anything else we should know about him Dave?"

"Yes, he's from Stockton".

Eric, Mr Pascoe, your candidate is a joke. He's actually making Stuart Drummond look a very credible option.

Ryehill

You now have his telephone and e-mail address I suggest you contact him . It can't do any harm can it?

laughingoutloud

Driddle, you keep going on about this mans wrestling, but what is the difference between him wrestling as a hobby and your failed attempts at stand up?

Land Phil

You couldn't make this type of stuff up if you tried.

I honestly believe if Drummond got his monkey suit cleaned he would have a good chance of being our next MP.

I also believe he would do a poor job but still outperform Labour and Ukip by a country mile.

As an aside, I've just cleaned out my garage and need some rubbish taking away.
I don't live in Manor so will have to pay ...no Labour vote from me then no matter what they promise.

Now is it worth me standing as bananaman ...I will have to think about that.
A vote split too many ways could be damaging, for the better or worse hmmm.

tankerville

Before you condemn someone for not being from the town or living in it, cast your memory back to a certain young lady Jody Dunn a Liberal Democrat Candidate.

She certainly put the frighteners on the Labour Lot only to spoil it all by over zealous leaflet drops at all hours of the day & during the night and early morning too.

Labour could not believe what was about to happen. A Liberal MP heaven forbid and a woman 'she wasn't from the town either'.

So Majorie James & a whole gang of Labour Thugs protested outside the Liberal Party Office in York Road and some even made threats to a group of supporters handing out leaflets at the bottom of the ramp.

Come the night of the election;

The smiles on the faces when she was attacked with purple flour by Fathers for Justice must have made their night even more pleasurable. & Winning the election as well.

It doesn't matter where they are from or where they live. JUST GET THIS USELESS LABOUR MP OUT.

DRiddle

QuoteDriddle, you keep going on about this mans wrestling, but what is the difference between him wrestling as a hobby and your failed attempts at stand up?

I would have thought the main difference was obvious. I'm not the one claiming to be the answer in terms of representation for the people of Hartlepool in parliament.

As I said earlier, we have SERIOUS problems in the town. Deep rooted, longstanding issues in terms of virtually ever major socio-economic measure you can list.

I am merely making the point, perfectly validly in my opinion, that the answer to our town's woes will not come from a supermarket checkout worker from Stockton.

In my view, this lad has been picked as little more than a PR stunt from UKIP.

"Right, we've got a new member, he's a part time wrestler, that'll get us some publicity. Where shall we send him to stand for election?...... Hartlepool. They voted in a monkey, they might well vote for this lad for a laugh".