UKIPs future MP for Hartlepool....

Started by DRiddle, May 01, 2014, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryehill

I am sure that the people of Hartlepool will judge Phillip Broughton on his words and deeds over the next 12 months, and not on the basis of a spurious, cobbled together video,  most of which was taken over 2 years ago.

steveL

I think you need to change the words 'I am sure' to ' I hope'.

Whichever way you look at it, the video exposes the nature of Broughton's character and I doubt very much if that character has changed much in the last two years. I have some sympathy for UKIP here for they have obviously been duped by someone who clearly has the gift of the gab. Even so, I would suggest that if any of those involved in his selection had seen this video beforehand that they would not have selected him.

This is now a damage limitation exercise as your post seems to confirm.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

At the end of the day, even if he'd never made this video, he works at Tesco by day, and is a part time wrestler by night.

I not into 'career snobbery', my mam and various family members work in retail. However, we need someone with a MEANINGFUL business background, someone with the necessary links to key employers to make significant inroads into the biggest issue in the town... unemployment. The person is going to have to be capable of mixing it with top executives and convincing them Hartlepool is a place worthy of investment.

We need someone already at, or capable of reaching, the top of his or her game.

We don't need a bloke who wears lyrca and play fights with his mates, after a day spent stacking tins of beans.

Ryehill

Steve L .You judge a person on the basis of a one minute clip of a doctored D.V.D. and DRiddle you equate Tesco with shelf stacking. Speaks volumes. This discussion could go on forever but in the end the electorate will decide . Not you two.

DRiddle

What does he do there then Eric? Is he CEO? Area manager? Store manager?

The Great Dictator

If hes a wrestler he must be on security  :o

tankerville

If he can get to grips with the current shower of S**t we presently have in H.B. Council then he gets my vote.

Seconds out round one.ding, ding.

pensionater

Driddle your ego knows no bounds.Why did you leave English Martyr's again?.

DRiddle

QuoteDriddle your ego knows no bounds.Why did you leave English Martyr's again?.

Because I was offered the chance to run a brand new £9 million purpose built A Level college that has scope to be around 3 times the size of English Martyrs.

For the record, I made that decision even though I could potentially have earned more money had I stayed (in the short term).

Look, this has nothing to do with my ego. Put all party politics aside for a second. Completely, shut it out of your mind, just for a few minutes.

Now, look at the reality of the situation.

We live in one of the most socially deprived boroughs in the country. We have serious issues with unemployment, crime, drugs, teenage pregnancy, alcoholism, low life expectancy etc. Issues that seem to be deeply ingrained in certain areas within the town. To turn Hartlepool around is a HELL of a job and requires somebody who is absolutely first rate to be our MP.

I do not say this flippantly, I genuinely believe I make a serious point when I say the following...

Look at what is actually been suggested by some, who frequent this forum as a potential 'solution for Hartlepool.

A part time wrestler who works at Tesco. . . . . . . .

brassed off monkey

On balance..... I think I would prefer Kendo Nagasaki to the present incumbent, Ian "Short Ar*e" Wright.

steveL

Quote from: Ryehill on May 04, 2014, 12: PM
Steve L .You judge a person on the basis of a one minute clip of a doctored D.V.D. and DRiddle you equate Tesco with shelf stacking. Speaks volumes. This discussion could go on forever but in the end the electorate will decide . Not you two.

No I judge on the fact that he was stupid enough to make the video in the first place - the length is immaterial.

Never mind. It will only take one of the news programmes to pick up on the video and he'll be dead in the water - another embarrassment for Nigel to explain. Bongo Bongo Land, Lenny Henry and now this......it seems like a routine weekly task for Nigel.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

pensionater

Driddle you can't get more "connected "than Mandelson,and look where that got us.

fred c

I am constantly amazed by the several posters who constantly pillory DRiddle, no wonder Hartlepool is neck deep in Sh*te, the fella hasn`t even been elected, yet he comes in for more abuse than the shower of sh*te that has been running the town into the ground for 50 years.

Have his critics actually met the bloke, or have the formed their opinions by reading his comments on here & on the Mail website, he may not even be the succesful candidate on the 22nd.

There is no other single individual who attracts such vitriol standing for election this time around & i can only wonder at the motives of the bitter & twisted "Free Thinkers" who are so keen to attack him.

Maybe they should pop down to full council meetings & attempt to voice their criticisms of "The Dear Leader & The Mob"......... they have a 6`3" bloke in there to show them the door.

laughingoutloud

When you say you left English Martyrs because you were offered the chance to run a new £9 million A Level college, just wondered how many other jobs you applied for before finally being offered that one.  ???