wilcox in the news again

Started by DRiddle, April 04, 2014, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

For the record, The Mail story is quite wrong and disgracefully misleading. It suggests that the 'new' committee of Manor Residents made the decision to rid themselves of Wilcox. This is untrue. She was instructed to hand the keys over or face eviction in the presence of Dave Stubbs and a Policeman – she chose to go quietly. (Remember Stubbs' previous claim that the council did not have the right to interfere?)

Actually, this goes a bit further back than that to when we ran the 'The Council that Fails to Learn' story. A year after HBC had told us that they were about to turf Wilcox out over non-payment of rent and after she tried to transfer the 'non-transferable' lease to 'Manor Families' it was pointed out to us that nothing had actually happened and rent arrears were still accumulating.

It's been like this with Hartlepool Council ever since we ran the original 'Rotten to the Core' article well over two years ago. For all of those two years, Hartlepool Council has resisted and denied that there was ever anything wrong with the way Manor Residents was being run until it finally reached the point when it wasn't possible to deny it any more.

Once the spotlight of publicity turned away from The Manor, Wilcox was allowed to carry on as normal complete with HBC's tacit support.

Remember Christopher Akers – Belcher's attempt to blame the Charity Commission for the glaring anomaly of the (almost) duplicated accounts? Or Dave Stubbs incredulous 'she's done nothing wrong' and 'it's all a misunderstanding over working hours' at Drummonds farewell event?

Horrendous as Wilcox is, I'm absolutely certain that if it wasn't for this site and four former employees who knew the difference between right and wrong then HBC would have been perfectly happy for Wilcox to have continued screwing the system for all she could. Keep it quiet, eh Dave?

A full twelve months after the first Tribunal, we are still to hear one Labour Councillor utter a single word of support for the four former employees and with Wilcox still post sweet nothing 'missing you' messages on the SCABS Facebook accounts is anyone really surprised?

There's more to come with Wilcox.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

craig finton

If it was down to the committee then you have to ask why she has been allowed to carry on while under investigation for fraud. Normally, at the very least, a person would be suspended while investigations were carried out accompanied by the standard 'suspension is a neutral act' spiel.

mk1

Quote from: craig finton on April 04, 2014, 02: PM
If it was down to the committee then you have to ask why she has been allowed to carry on while under investigation for fraud. Normally, at the very least, a person would be suspended while investigations were carried out accompanied by the standard 'suspension is a neutral act' spiel.

I said it before and it is worth repeating. Part of the deal for Angie to go without taking the Labour Group down with her was a tacit agreement they would leave her alone and do nothing to prosecute, hinder  or expose her. Given Angie's puppet master is still a 'senior' councillor what did we expect.
The interesting times start if the 'New' Cleveland Police Force decides to do what is right, ignore the Labour lobbying and put her on trial.......................

HarryBlackwood

My previous post has not appeared. Can I ask why?

tankerville

Fat Chance of that happening look at the fiasco with Cleveland Police Authority & Senior Officers walked away with the reputation 'nearly' intact.

The chances of any of those expecting compensation payments to be forthcoming is NIL I'm sorry to be so blunt but in all honesty 'a word that is unheard of' in the Labour Group or Party If these payments cannot be implemented by four judges. Who can make them cough up the monies owed to them?.

Angela Wilcox will be the number one scapegoat with the pack of Labour Back Stabbing Hounds behind her baying for blood all saying it's her fault not ours we're squeaky clean decent respectable Labour Councillors

It will be her that the payment will be asked of, and let's be realistic can you see her paying NOT ONE PENNY  Her words of wisdom on the steps of the Civic Centre. Backed by Iian Wright no less.

Maybe one way out of this mess is for the £5000 Councillor's Ward Allocation be given to these four honest hard working people.

brassed off monkey

Quote by tankerville.

"Angela Wilcox will be the number one scapegoat with the pack of Labour Back Stabbing Hounds behind her baying for blood all saying it's her fault not ours we're squeaky clean decent respectable Labour Councillors"

I disagree with you on this one tank, i don`t for one moment believe that if it comes down to Clevelands Finest actually doing the right thing about Wilcox, she will keep her trap shut, she is the last one to play the scapegoat if she goes down, there nowt so sure there will be others going with her.

mk1

I am pretty sure the award was against MRA and not Wilcox. As such it stays with MRA. Wilcox is (and always was) clear of any personal liability.
If  MRA is unable to pay then the Trustees are next in the firing line and I have no doubt a 'one off' payment from Council Funds will be provided to keep SAB and his cabal in the clear.
You read it here first folks...............

clav 73

One can only hope she ends up going down and taking the rest with her

mk1

Quote from: brassed off monkey on April 04, 2014, 05: PM
if she goes down, there nowt so sure there will be others going with her.

She has form for this. When Cranny last ended up in court Wilcox was the one who gave the evidence that was critical to exposing his activity. Wilcox even complained to the police about 'someone' who had made threats against her.  Comes the hearing and Angie suddenly  has memory problems and can't rember what she had originaly said about Cranny.  Judge is not fooled for an instant and lets the pair of them know what he thought about their integrity.
So we know she can be bought off.
I do know that if she is charged and if she  has changed or altered paperwork to cover her tracks then she will end up in jail. That just might make her  name names..........................

jimbo

""For the record, The Mail story is quite wrong and disgracefully misleading. It suggests that the 'new' committee of Manor Residents made the decision to rid themselves of Wilcox. This is untrue. She was instructed to hand the keys over or face eviction in the presence of Dave Stubbs and a Policeman – she chose to go quietly. (Remember Stubbs' previous claim that the council did not have the right to interfere?)""

Steve this is totally wrong and would love to know where this information came from???? ??? ???

Stubbs may have been at the meeting but there was no police present and Wilcox was asked to leave by the committee. :o :o :o

mk1

Quote from: jimbo on April 04, 2014, 05: PM

Steve this is totally wrong and would love to know where this information came from???? ??? ???

Stubbs may have been at the meeting but there was no police present and Wilcox was asked to leave by the committee. :o :o :o

It rests on how you read things. My take is:

She was instructed to hand the keys over or  (if she declined to go)     face eviction in the presence of Dave Stubbs  (Stubbs would be informed and would come in person with a Police Officer to evict her)

tankerville

We've seen it all before resident association folded & monies suddenly vanished The Phoenix Centre on central estate dodgy dealings with the H.V.D.A. NEW DEAL FOR COMMUNITIES £millions of pounds squandered
no receipts/estimates for work carried out in The Horizon Centre Murray Street. Salaam Centre. Burbank Street etc etc. the list reads like a book.

Look back in the past and see just who came out of the whole sorry mess dressed like the White Tide Man the very  same Labour Councillor that has been mentioned on here followed closely by other sitting Labour Councillors.

Angie Wilcox will be the scapegoat but at a price that will keep her mouth firmly shut just you. Wait and see.

steveL

Quote from: jimbo on April 04, 2014, 05: PM
""For the record, The Mail story is quite wrong and disgracefully misleading. It suggests that the 'new' committee of Manor Residents made the decision to rid themselves of Wilcox. This is untrue. She was instructed to hand the keys over or face eviction in the presence of Dave Stubbs and a Policeman – she chose to go quietly. (Remember Stubbs' previous claim that the council did not have the right to interfere?)""

Sorry Jimbo but the way I read it there's not a lot of difference between what you say and what I said. I agree the committee asked her to go but only after being left with no choice i.e. Stubbs was at the meeting and made it clear what would happen if Wilcox didn't go.

The real point I was trying to make is that The Mail article makes it sound as if it was a spontaneous, unprompted decision by the committee when the truth is Stubbs was very much doing the prompting.

The second point I made is that at the time when people were calling out for Dave Stubbs, as representative of HBC, to intervene he insisted that the council could not intervene in the running of a different organisation - i.e. precisely what he's just done but too late to avoid accruing more debts.

To be honest, Jimbo, I'll take some convincing that all links between Manor Residents and Wilcox have been severed and that we're not just playing yet another one of Wilcox expensive little games.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: mk1 on April 04, 2014, 05: PM
I am pretty sure the award was against MRA and not Wilcox. As such it stays with MRA. Wilcox is (and always was) clear of any personal liability.
If  MRA is unable to pay then the Trustees are next in the firing line and I have no doubt a 'one off' payment from Council Funds will be provided to keep SAB and his cabal in the clear.
You read it here first folks...............

You're right about that in that the debt stays with Manor Residents. Perhaps Wilcox going is the start of another 'new beginning, procedures have been changed' application for new funding.