Summerhill Farm houses ...

Started by dowager, April 01, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowager

You better add to the 7,500 homes planned for PartyPool ... 

More to come at Summerhill apparently ...

Lord Elpus

Plus it looks like there has been 1000 at wynyard voted through today by both Stockton BC and HBC.

I agree this is just the tip of the iceberg and the ramifications for home owners and residents will be dire.  All part of the VISION.

Scrapping the local plan, SCAB's lasting legacy to Hartlepool

steveL

Looks like there'll be more BMW orders going in tomorrow then.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jamescampbell78

The Great Dictator

8 years ago it was refused permission even after appeal, now despite Valley Drive looking like a river when it rains heavily it is likely to be passed.

dowager

nothing to stop it - or them, local plan being scrapped after £1.5 million spend then telling everyone in the council chamber, including me, that most of it could be re-used and turned round within 6-9 months.

Too late now, unfortunately, we reap what they sowed and stood by and whinged on social media, perfect, for them.

DRiddle

QuoteToo late now, unfortunately, we reap what they sowed and stood by and whinged on social media, perfect, for them.

I don't agree with that. Granted there's been a lot of whinging on here (especially of late) but this is also the place where you'll find most of the people who've actually got stuck in and tried to get the ball rolling to facilitate the necessary changes in HBC that most agree are needed.

It's obviously very hard when anything you try to do is stone walled, subject to intimidation, ignored, covered up etc, but to imply it's JUST been whinging is wide of the mark.

Just a few examples being:

Peer review freedom of information act request (and subsequent publication).
Mitchell Inquiry
Exposure of MRA scandal
Gypsy site predictions/revelations
town plan issues

and potentially, a hell of a lot more to come.

Lord Elpus

Statement made by Cllr G Lilley at the start of last nights planning meeting, (application approved, two objections, Cllr Fisher was one of them who voted against).

"I understand a serious allegation has been made to the effect that the Leader of the Council, Christopher Akers-Belcher gave a commitment to one of the developers seeking to build houses on land at Wynyard that he would make sure the developer's planning application would go through even though at the time it contravened the then local plan.

The Leader has already admitted to meeting with the developer's in July 2013 and I remind members it was in October the Labour Group moved to scrap the local plan completely, against the wishes of senior council officers, paving the way for the Wynyard planning application.

These allegations may or may not be correct. Given this situation it leaves me with no other option but to take no part whatsoever in this application".

dowager

... and credit to him for doing just that, someone with balls

mk1

Quote from: dowager on April 02, 2014, 02: PM
... and credit to him for doing just that, someone with balls

Talking of balls is Mad Dog canvasing yet................