Why does what should be good news feel bad?

Started by Pwilson, March 29, 2014, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pwilson

www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/council-gets-unexpected-cash-boost-from-sports-domes-in-seaton-carew-1-6529199

My interpretation of the above story.

Sports domes people buy planning permission in a legal way, Hartlepool is basically for sale.

Ackers Belcher wants to try and buy a few votes so excitedly blurts out some stuff to spend money on, the man is as good with spending decisions as the average bright house shopper.

The council are in how much debt to buy a delapidated shed? Some brainless fool thinks that a council which has failed to deliver jobs & growth, the same council that spent £4.7 million on a car park and some bus shelters nobody uses, can somehow turn a £1.5 million pound empty shop into a source of income and prosperity.

Did someone in Hartlepool do something really bad to CAB because he seems utterly focused on using his little bit of prancing around as if he is god to ruin the place.

dave77

Maybe political corruption at it's finest!!!

dowager

so, in 2012 Mayor Stuart Drummond and everyman and his dog was saying that they should rid the covenants on the land in and around the Sportsdomes .. keeping Mr Morton (Entrepreneur of this parish) and Persimmon Homes (Saviours of this parish) but they keep at least one (for old times sake ..  ?)

Then, two years later, the Mayor has long gone, but he now has a job as a consultant to the Sportsdomes and the final covenant is waved goodbye for a lumper ...  ?

Can anyone smell  herrings ?

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/cabinet-agrees-to-release-covenant-1-4314051

TSteels

As I understand it the original deal was supposed to net the council some £1.7million. So this figure it about half what the previous administration negotiated. Apparently the recent decision came from JD Sports wanting to buy, but refusing to do so unless the council sold their stake. Weirdly though the council erected signs for "The JD Sports Domes" before Friday's meeting. Deal done before the meeting? 

Hartlepudlion

What signs TSteels? Can you take photos and when exactly did they go up?

HarryBlackwood

Spotted those signs when I passed on my bike a couple of weeks ago.

dowager

There's definitely something not right here ... I'd stake someone else's life on it ..