Wilcox asked to leave

Started by jimbo, March 28, 2014, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Sorry jimbo...... The community had the chance to "Pull Together" after the Wilcox Scandal, what did the community do ? They elected another Stalwart member of "The Mob"

Like many other ratepayers I am extremely sceptical about further council monies being channelled in the direction of Manor Residents / Manor Families.

In fact i seriously believe there should be a root & branch review of where council tax payers "grants" money is allocated, most of us have no idea what services are provided & for whom they are provided.

Health Watch for Instance........ I mean what do we get for our money from a Health Watch Manager ?

DRiddle

I'm not sure what WE get Fred, but I'm told he gets around £30k a year on top of the 20 odd thousand for being the 'leader'.

£50k, not to shabby a wage, better than a benefits clerk's presumably...

jimbo

7g2b CIC is Community Integrated Care, not sure where it is based in Hartlepool but it should be easy to find.

What we have to remember here Fred is that MRA delivered some excellent services, even if we did not agree with the management of the place and maybe people where scared to loose them services??? The elderly relied on the connected care team, the handymen...... highly when we had a bad winter to make sure the paths from their home was clear and the meals on wheels for the housebound, or again the people who couldn't get out due to the weather. Luncheon clubs for the elderly, who never got out from one week to another...........

The team of employed advisors supported numerous members of the public in the area and what happened to the teams?? they where sh*t on from above and all jumped off the sinking ship...............it's a god dam shame.

I agree that the community had the chance to pull together, but looking at the bigger picture, vulnerable people where trying to hang onto their lifeline services and I stand to differ if anyone says the ground staff didn't do a excellent job, like I said earlier....S*it on from above management.

What happens next I don't know, but people will be suffering because of this bad management !!!!!

fred c

As someone approaching pension age I realise the problems that vulnerable people require help & I don`t have a problem with that, i also fully agree that an awful lot of the staff did a great job in supporting those people requiring help.

The real problem is in how the services are funded & how that funding is "Monitored", we saw with MRA that at least 4 Councilors were involved with it & still systematic abuse took place over a long period.

You have to remember that the goings on at MRA, were preceded by the demise of the Mismanaged Phoenix Centre, lessons were supposed to have been learned there (Despite The Report Being Made Confidential)

So we, the rate payers have  very good reasons to be sceptical about how our money is spent by "The Dear Leader & The Mob"

jimbo