Wilcox Moves to Put Manor Residents Into Liquidation

Started by marky, August 09, 2013, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

Just out of curiosity and thinking out loud.................................. MRA receive/have received a substantial amount of grant funding from various sources including HBC for projects/programmes etc, some of which are no doubt still ongoing.

If that is the case and the liquidators are involved does that mean HBC go in the queue with everyone else scrabbling for the left overs (if there is any).
I would envisage the majority if not all of the ongoing grant funded projects are in place for the benefit of the children, young people and families of the Manor and certain projects are worked in partnership with other VCS organisations?

Its time this whole sordid business was sorted out once and for all, a lot has been said, published, discussed and argued in private and in public, however it would appear that the powers to be have deliberately decided (by the looks of it) to turn a blind eye.
Name dropping, finger pointing and slagging people off hasn't worked or it would appear even evoked a shred of decency in those who are in a position to sort this out with a bit of dignity.

The only real losers in this whole sorry affair are the residents who need and deserve the support of decent, law abiding, caring charities and VCS organisations.

Pardon my French, but to an outsider looking in " You have all had the p**s taken out of you and are continuing to do so"

The real power lies in the hands of the voters and until decent, law abiding citizens realise what is being done with THEIR MONEY, and decide to do the right thing, this whole grubby, dirty, dishonest affair wont be the last.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE - HARTLEPOOL

fred c

Some of us, in fact a lot of us Hartlepudlians  have woken up & can smell the coffee, the problem is the Stench of Corruption overwhealms the rich aroma of  Esmeralda Special

A proper council would have involved the police by now, what did ours do.... gave them 2 months to rip the ar*e out of MRA & shred the evidence.

Mr Mister

Fred they can shred what they like, the paper trail is still there, just needs looking for.

But alas the police are spineless along with the council, so the Great manor Rip off with come to it's conclusion with jackshit being done about it.

Stubbs should be ashamed of himself, can't wait for the next time I bump into him to tell him so either.

Fight4whatsright

Angies planned this all along thats why shes got her daughter and friends brand new samsung galaxy s 4 phones on contract through manor residents. They have all had new sports clothes from jd sports aswell for the playscheme wich none of them are qualified to do. Its a fekkin joke. In my eyes sum fugga needs to step up now before any more damage is done to the community. Get the whales out

steveL

It's worth saying that all of the people at MR working with children under schemes contracted by the West View Project have been through Police checks - it's something that we've checked ourselves. It might seem odd, but a criminal record is not reason enough to exclude people from such work - it depends on the nature of the misdemeanor.

It would be a significant step forward if Wilcox was taken out of the equation somehow and MR was put under the control of the West View Project though I doubt it would be practical to do so in its entirety.

Reading the front page story, it looks very much like SAB and Paul Beck must have been aware of Wilcox's moves to liquidate MR back in May which was before most of the Tribunals and before the HBC Audit Report was published. I'd love to hear SAB's definition of transparency given that 'a lack of transparency' was the reason he gave for resigning as a Trustee.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

Oh no Stevel just remember that three Labour Cllrs are involved with WV

steveL

Yes they are but that's a different issue. There are different kinds of Labour Councillors, all bound sadly, by the same herd mentality and we can debate some other time whether any Councillors should be involved at all as Trustees or Directors in Community Groups.

At least we can say that in WVP's case, the group has regular board meetings, annual AGMs and that things appear to work the way that they are supposed to work. How much of a contribution the three Councillors make I wouldn't know, but we've never received any expressions of concern over the organisation and it seems to be one community project that does exactly what it says on the tin.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

jaffa

Could be that she has spent it on the new carpets,1000 pound of decking & new window she has just put in RAY HARRIMANS house in minch road!!!!! And her daughter sarahs holiday she is having now in spain!!!!

Fight4whatsright

No one in nypd have crb checks they expired and the 2 new recruits dont have them either

jaffa

The connected care trailor was bought by a man who works.in WEST VIEW PROJECT!!!!

tankerville

I'm not a lawyer or solicitor but I think that I am right in thinking that although these assets sold by whoever from MRA are still the legal property of the association and cannot be disposed of by consent of designated members of said association.

They; Will almost certainly be charged with Theft.

Criminal proceedings will have already been implemented that is why there has possibly been no public announcement or reaction from police in case it prejudices the outcome of an investigation.

Mr Mister

She's legally able to dispose of anything, she is legally responsible as manager, I would have thought, it's for the board if they are not happy with the management to change it.

If they are happy with her action, then it's not anyone else's business in the eyes of the law, I would have thought.

Hartlepudlion

Well Stevel, I think that Jaffa has shown you there is no difference between MR WCNE and the West View Project. They are all at it TOGETHER.
Wasn't it M James who singly-handedly gave the contract to WV that the CAB should have got - it seems that she has hidden links with these Cllr led organisations.

V.Grumpy

Quote from: Mr Mister on August 10, 2013, 08: PM
She's legally able to dispose of anything, she is legally responsible as manager, I would have thought, it's for the board if they are not happy with the management to change it.

Any legal responsibility within a charity is the responsibility of the trustees.  A manager is there purely to carry out the wishes of the trustees on a day to day basis.  The position of trustee should only be accepted by people who have the necessary skills to perform the responsibilities effectively. Afterall if you had a company you would not make your best friend a director for the sake of it and that is what we are talking about, trustees are directors of a charity.

jaffa

Quote from: V.Grumpy on August 11, 2013, 10: AM
Quote from: Mr Mister on August 10, 2013, 08: PM

Any legal responsibility within a charity is the responsibility of the trustees.  A manager is there purely to carry out the wishes of the trustees on a day to day basis.  The position of trustee should only be accepted by people who have the necessary skills to perform the responsibilities effectively. Afterall if you had a company you would not make your best friend a director for the sake of it and that is what we are talking about, trustees are directors of a charity.Well.her best friend Carol Jeffries was introduced in tribunal court as wilcox's manager of trustee board and 2 off the kitchen staff of MR are on the board too MR & Connected Care are both managed by Wilcox