Wilcox Moves to Put Manor Residents Into Liquidation

Started by marky, August 09, 2013, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

now there's a surprise (not).
HBC gives her two months after the audit to sell off/transfer assets before she puts the whole shambles into liquidation.

fred c

A Massive Mistake by HBC, that could impact on council tax payers & the 4 tribunal winners.

It certainly should drag SAB & Beck back into the sh**e.

testing times

Personally, I think the Government should now be involved in this in some sort of way because all the indications are that councillors and some officers have been complicit in all of this from the start.

jaffa

Its is absolutely disgracefull that this.evil woman can get away with doing this surely somebody must be able to intervene and stop her !!!?

fred c

She is The Manager.......................... The Board Of Trustees are the people who "Should Have" overall control of the organisation, & more Importantly in this case "Overall Control of The Manager".

In the case of MRA we have seen all to graphically that the 3 members of "The Mob" who have had connections with MRA have all been found Lacking any kind of moral responsibility towards either the residents that use MRA or ultimately the Council Tax Payers.

Wilcox has overseen a totally chaotic management & accounting system that has taken HBC 25 years to actually get round to Auditing... the old adage Chaos Creates Cash, is palpably true in the case of MRA.

S Akers Belcher & P Beck, have assumed the role of the 3 Monkeys in all of this, see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, they couldn`t get out of it quickly enough when the Tribunals Started, if they expect people to believe they were oblivious to the chaos that was MRA, they must Howl at the Moon

A Board of Trustees should have a monthly "Board Meeting" you can`t be a Trustee & expect to attend the "Odd Meeting" you have a moral obligation to attend board meetings, to monitor & account for the Running of the company/business, if that system had been in operation MRA wouldn`t have been allowed to become a Basket Case.

To knock the Final Nail in, when HBC finally decided to implement the Audit that was recommended by the Ex Mayor & his cabinet, they discovered a catologue of management & financial disasters that have been seriously compounded by HBC allowing a Get out of Jail 2 month period of Grace.

It`s not as if we haven`t seen this before, the Phoenix Centre episode bears an uncanny similarity, albeit on a smaller scale to MRA.....

What was written across the top of "Every Page" of the report onto the Phoenix Centre.

NOT FOR PUBLICATION

What will be written across the top of any report into the final demise of MRA & possibly WCN/E ???

ARC86

I agree with most of your points but it is not feasible for all trustees to attend monthly meetings given the wide range of people who sits on boards.. it should be standard practice to hold a board meeting every quarter and recieve all financial details for scrutiny in advance as well as any other matters that could be on the agenda.. in short MRA obviously dont hold regular board meetings or this whole sorry mess would have been sorted by now

mk1

Please, someone  tell me this means 'they all love him' A-B is going to have to pay Angie's debts.................

fred c

Quote from: stephen allison on August 09, 2013, 03: PM
Wilcox of course is just a small fish in the "third sector" pond. Charities of all kinds are now just money making machines for the people at the top. Just look at revelations about "Save the Children"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2386616/Save-The-Children-bosses-160-000-bonuses-MP-calls-greater-scrutiny-charity-finances.html

I especially liked the comment that " the payments encouraged the 'very best' from staff " rather like the justification that we need to pay MPs more to encourage the best people to put their names forward. Several years ago I applied for a fairly senior regional job with a national charity. The job description could have been written from my CV and I reached the last stage of selection. I was fairly sure I wouldn't get the job as it had almost certainly been decided who was going to be selected before the job was even advertised, however I know the point at which I blew it totally. I suggested that as the ladies (well predominately ladies) who worked in the organisation's shops were almost all volunteers then surely the regional manager shouldn't be drawing a five figure salary plus car and expenses. I said I'd do the job just for the expenses! The interview panel were horrified! What a dangerous precident to set! It might end up with the chief executive being expected to do the job for peanuts and having to settle for such inadequate rewards as a knighthood or a seat in the House of Lords. Let's face it, Wilcox is just the local level of a national problem. Too many people in the charity game are there to make money for themselves and the charity element of the job is well down their list of priorities. We really are in the final days of the Roman Empire, the people at the top are completely insulated from the realities of ordinary people and their sense of entitlement is getting bigger every day!

Some days i just feel like giving up...after reading that, todays one of them  :( :( :(

mk1

Quote from: stephen allison on August 09, 2013, 03: PM
Wilcox of course is just a small fish in the "third sector" pond. Charities of all kinds are now just money making machines for the people at the top.................... I suggested that as the ladies (well predominately ladies) who worked in the organisation's shops were almost all volunteers then surely the regional manager shouldn't be drawing a five figure salary plus car and expenses.

A while back when I got made redundant a bright young thing at the Job Centre decided I needed 'motivating' and  had to get used to 'getting up early for work'. which is odd because I never knew you could lose these skills after a lifetime in heavy industry and working 12 hour shifts but no matter........anyway I was made to work (do it or else) in a local Charity shop for 4 weeks.
It is a large national organisation and well respected for its aims but in my eyes totaly chaotic and focused completely on making money for the manager so he  did not finish low down of the area performance charts. There were several other 'slaves' working there but though it was listed as a training opportunity no one received the slightest bit of training. We were there simply to do the humping and carrying and I felt very sorry for the youngsters there who were always being promised they could 'have a go on the till' but  never got even this level of feeble 'training'  whilst the manager was forever worried some visiting motivation team would drop in and catch him out on something. During my time I saw a couple of these groups and they all looked and sounded like apprentice rejects. They spoke corporate gibberish and only wanted  see the daily sales book. What stuck in my mind was the day we sold a bit of furniture that was returned as damaged. It was junk really and  fit only for the bin. When the manager saw me throwing it in the skip he admonished me and told me to put it back on sale as was. His exact words were 'some idiot will buy it'.
Charidee my ar*se

V.Grumpy

It makes me very sad to hear so many negative thigs about charities.  Having observed around these boards it is very clear where alot of this ill feeling comes from.

As an auditor/accountant I have come accross various charitable organisations and by far the majority are very admirable at what they do.  Whilst I do not condone huge bonuses being paid charities have to be careful in their remuneration policy, afterall a charity can not be run on goodwill alone.  Runny a charity in that way will never attract the talent that is needed to allow a charity to progessn and be profitable or achieve what is has been set up to do. 

Problems occur when salaries that are set a level to attract talent are paid to a friend or a family member as it then becomes more about the people running the charity then the charitable purpose meant for the wider community.

It is also sad that MRA will end in this way as a small child I remember going to some of the activities provided such as Christmas parties and summer play schemes.  I also have family members who were there at the very beginning when it was set up who will be saddened by this too.  Just hope all charities are not to be tarred with the same brush.

My guess would be that the people affected by the poor management AND Governance at MRA will never see any type of justice as the saying goes some people can fall into a pile s**t and come out smelling of roses!

Hartlepudlion

I would suggest that anybody with a claim against MR WCNE get together and see if they can call in the bailiffs before all assets are sold/frozen. Good luck as I am afraid you will need it.

Just remember who gave Wilcox two months grace. Yep the Akers-Belchers and ALL the current batch of Labour Councillors.

Whistle blowers contact Peter Devlin, HBC's Chief Solicitor.

mk1

The one ray of hope for the people owed wages is the fact  the 'they all love me' SCAB has his nuts in the wringer. As he is liable for the debts  you can be sure the Council with rush through an emergency payment to clear MR debts.
Angie and her  puppet master were given time and  the nod to pillage MR in return for their silence.
They are all a pile of stinking thieves and liars..............

fred c

That would warrant a Town Hall Steps Meeting, imagine what the TV & Tory Media would make of that particular Scam.

Serious Questions would be asked about the 2 Months Grace Period, when the accounts & business systems were completely Shambolic.

And the 1st question would be.... Who decided on the 2 months "Fill Your Boots" period ??????

I can see another Public Inquiry on the horizon, but this time featuring an Accountant & The Cops.

steveL

Just a bit of additional info:

The infamous trailer which was purchased for around the £34,000 mark a couple of years ago, has been sold to a private individual, not connected to MR or the Council, for £2,000.

The Landrover, which was purchased at the same time, and took the total Landrover/Trailer package up tp £73,000 purchase price disappeared a while ago with an asking price of £14,000. Nobody knows were the money went.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Looking at the photograph gives yet another clear Link between MRA & WCN/E, if it was purchased by MRA, why is it decked out in WCN/E Logo`s.

More proven Lies spewed out by members of "The Mob" in full council meetings, what a shower of sh*t they are, turning a blind eye on the abuse of working people....

Some Labour Party we have in Hartlepool.... will they be asking for a Public Inquiry into MRA............. or are they more likely to apply a Pink Paper to the cost of covering up this Scandal.

£73,000 pounds reduced in a couple of years to £2000, surely the cops should be involved, the amount received from the sale of the land Rover & Trailer should be accountable, there should be receipts from the purchaser ???

Corrupt was the word used by J Brash...... he wasn`t wrong about that.