Brash calls CABs motion corrupt

Started by admin, July 03, 2013, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Last night was also a good example of why we need supplementary questions.

I asked 2 questions in writing last night. The first question was used as an opportunity for one Akers-Belcher to harp on about the new governance system. The second question was used by the other Akers-Belcher to talk about the wonderful charity work he does and how hard he works for the people of his ward.

Neither answer from either of them actually addressed the crux of my questions. Had I had the opportunity for follow up questions, I could have probed further.

Also, Ray Wells pointed out that he hadn't heard a supplementary question in recent months that linked in any way to the original question posed.

Ray, it's wasn't the job of the public to ensure that supplementary questions were linked to the original written question. That's why you have a chairman of the meeting and a monitoring officer. It was their job to ensure that.

In making that statement you're inferring that the Chairman of the meeting failed in his duties.

As if he'd do that....  ::)

Mr Mister

Fact of the matter is...

We still haven't got to the bottom of the money Hargreaves and Thompson have received via the grant applications process.

Surely the idea of grants, is not for a couple of local councillors to earn money from it, surely the money should be gained by those who put the grant application in, in the first place.

steveL

This is when arrogance takes over from common sense. Does CAB think no one reads his Twitter comments? Does he not realise how such comments can be thrown back at him?

As I said earlier, the body language is always the giveaway in these situations but in CAB's case it was the increasingly deep red colour of his face as he realised his spiteful ruse had backfired bigtime. As for things 'all going to plan', SAB's impartiallity going out of the window and his snapping at the opposition tell us all we need to know about how smoothly things were going.

Both SCABS seem to operate on the basis that if you say something often enough, perhaps it will come true but if I could choose one word to describe them, a polite word,that is, it would be INEPT and while CAB looked flummoxed, out-manoevered and inept last night, I think the rest of the Labour Group simply looked embarassed.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: perseus on July 26, 2013, 08: AM
By the way, a late night tweet from CAB is attempting to claim he planned it all.

C Akers-Belcher ‏@AkersBelcher   
Hook, line and sinker. Red herring amended at 11th hour & the real resolution str8 thru no bother #fools

If CAB sees this as a victory I wish him many more just like it.  Nobody is fooled by this spin least of all the Comrades.

SteveL mentioned body language, Stubbs demeanor was one of nervous embarrassment.  I'd be amazed if he had not warned CAB well away from this Motion.

Alyson Carman needs to gen up on some basic Council Constitution rules.  As Perseus said, she failed to answer the most basic questions.  That is worrying, her comment that Geoff Lilley should have submitted the questions before the meeting made me wonder if one of the SCABS would have told her the right answer. 

clavering codhead

Wish I was there to see it, cant be too long now before the rest of the Labour group decide to remove him from his perch, he's becoming an embarrassment to them.
Glad it was Brash who give it too him, in my eyes you shouldn't be kicked out of your political party for defending free speech, I'm very surprised that the likes of Simmonds and Ainsley are allowing this to happen, I had these two down as clever decent men but I may be wrong.

testing times

Sounds like 'Calamity Chris' has struck out again  ;D

Vincent

Quote from: Mr Mister on July 26, 2013, 08: AM
Fact of the matter is...

We still haven't got to the bottom of the money Hargreaves and Thompson have received via the grant applications process.

Surely the idea of grants, is not for a couple of local councillors to earn money from it, surely the money should be gained by those who put the grant application in, in the first place.

That's a very serious allegation Mr Mister, have you got any proof?

steveL

Those that were there last night will have heard that CAB's allegations were little more than a regurgitation of similar allegations made two years ago which had already been dismissed by the Chief Solicitor. Regurgitation it may have been, embellished with a liberal amount of bitchy innuendo, but it was all that CAB could come up with in his obsession to score points over Brash - this time by having a go at his wife.

One thing which was very notable last night was the totally dismissive attitude by Labour to everything that is going on with Wilcox and Manor Residents - including their committment to go on funding the organisation even in the face of illegality. The revelation that SAB and BECK are themselves personally liable for Manor Residents debts, including what looks like being nearly £40,000 in compensation payments, floated over SAB's empty head unnoticed.

CAB is far more interested trawling the gossip corridors deperately trying to find something to stick on Brash and I guarantee that CAB has spent more time on this than he has spent worrying about whether tribunal winners will ever get their compensation.

It was pathetic to watch.

The proposal he himself had put forward would have politicised the tendering process and what happened with the Who Cares(NE) Project wpould have become standard for all contracts with the largest political group deciding who should get what contract. This would include the HEALTHWATCH contract which runs out in the next few months and which currently pays CABs salary as a HEALTHWATCH Manager.

It was pretty clear from what was said last night that such political control over contracts would in fact be illegal but as we've seen from Wilcox, legality isn't that high on the list for Labour even when the people on the receiving end of that illegality are the very people the party claims to represent.

It was nothing more than a crude attempt at a power grab for personal and political advantage and it was fun watching it blow up in his face.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

"The Dear Leaders" attempt to give last nights meeting half a dozen coats of Dulux Gloss is as anyone in Attendance will tell you, hilarious....... to call a spade a shovel..............

He made a complete "Rip Roaring James Hunt Of Himself" & he was closely followed off the starting grid by Ste (they love him as the ceremonial mayor) Akers Belcher & Carl Richardson aka, Che.

2 of the highlights of the evenings entertainment bore testement to that old adage, a Look Is Often Worth a Thousand Words.

Brash dismissed both SAB & Carl with looks as if to say, (In the words of Captain Mainwaring) Sit Down You Stupid Boys.

Whoever wears the trousers in the labour group really needs to sort "The Mob" out, on last nights performance Brash will be a serious candidate in a General Election Campaign.

brassed off monkey

By the way, a late night tweet from CAB is attempting to claim he planned it all.

Hook, line and sinker. Red herring amended at 11th hour & the real resolution str8 thru no bother #fools

Late Night Tweet, ohhh that explains it then, a few slurps in Westbrooke Ave, the 2 of them Staring at the Moon & Then Complete Bo**ox on Twitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgHiQRm4wI

Inspector Knacker

...sounds like........  the captain of the Titanic telling everyone he taught the iceberg a lesson...f!
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Mr Mister

Quote from: Vincent on July 26, 2013, 10: AM

That's a very serious allegation Mr Mister, have you got any proof?

Well if it's a serious allegation, then might I suggest you run along and tell them to instigate legal proceedings without hesitation.

Then they will see exactly what I can prove!

titch

As someone living outside the town(ex rift house) I love looking at the site and the way the kremlin are bought to book. If it wasn't for the people here the bounders(insert own word if u like) would get away with murder.Reading the way that Cllr Brash ripped another ring piece to Cllr Akers-Belcher was a joy to read.
Can you not give Cllr Brash an award for honesty,decency and for standing up to his ex buddies.Having looked at the deluded tweet from blondie, is is true what they say about blondes surely he should now be known as Baldrick. Keep up the sterling work

Mr Mister

Perseus

You and I on this subject are poles apart, HTH these days are knocking one out over the ginger fella, I understand he pulled C.A.B. apart, but in truth, I don't think that such an amazing thing to do.

People on this forum have forgot the past seemingly, when it comes to the ginger one, he wasn't any good for this town in the past, he put his hand up when told too, now they're are calling him "Braveheart" ..Get a grip Hartlepool Post.

Even had the ex leader of P.H.F. blowing smoke about it yesterday, clearly to me he's trying to butter him up.

Short memories regarding the part he played in the demise of the town's hospital, while he's dad it has to be said did rather well out of it.

Wake up it's 2013