Full Council Meeting Thursday 16th March

Started by admin, March 13, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: steveL on March 17, 2017, 08: PM
    I have so lost track of the different versions offered in excuse for Carpetgate that I've ended up dizzy at the thought of it. I don't want to put people in the same position so I'll just offer a brief summary.

We are, essentially, back not too far from where we started.

• It was CAB who took exception to the colour - there are witnesses. He wanted the carpets changed to the corporate colours
    • It was agreed that, because the £4m project was coming in under budget, 1) they could afford to placate the leader and buy a second carpet. The plan was to keep the whole thing quiet
    • The total cost of the two sets of carpets was £90,000
    • The story leaked
    • A cover story was concocted that it was all to do with 2)  Autism and Dementia
    • Guidance notes published on-line showed the original cover story to be bull***t
    • The cover story was expanded and now it wasn't only about Autism and Dementia but about achieving a 'professional look'
    • The 'absolute denial' that carpet tiles had been laid on top of other tiles was later retracted and it was admitted that new tiles had been laid on top of vinyl tiles that couldn't be lifted and 'some carpet tiles' 
    • This was later added to by claiming that the whole thing was down to a single council officer who had gone beyond the permissible decision level for his pay grade

Sending a memo around asking if anyone wants some new carpet tiles for their office does not constitute the efficient use of resources. The bottom line is that this was a £45,000 sheer waste of money directly down to the Leader of the Council -
Calamity Chris and some sycophantic officers that were just too cowardly to tell him where to get off.[/list]

1) Who exactly are 'they' who wished to placate the 'Leader' ...are they Council Officers...with no balls?
2) Certainly down to dementia...CAB and the rest of the criminals can't even remember the previous lies that they told 5 minutes ago!

And to think that I and 1000's of others are paying more Council tax this year, due to the money being wasted by the Labour Council and the (supposed) Tories..(my ar$e)! 

What pi$$es me off most is the fact that the LabTor scum (yes, SCABs, you know who I'm referring to!) have no shame in shifting the blame to one or more of  of the Council officers.
Granted, some are spineless, some just want an easy life....but their decisions, most likely ones that are pressured, actually affect thousands of Hartlepool folk.   

fred c

The Blonde Bombshell had another hissy fit when the news of the 'Brown Ring' on the desk story became public.... ranting & raving about it being leaked to the media............ you really have to wonder what kind of a CEO stands back and allows employees under her management to be bullied by a "Jumped up benefits Clerk"?