Hospital Parking Info

Started by admin, August 15, 2014, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Issued by Hospital Trust

New parking arrangements, information for patient sand visitors

We'd like to remind anyone visiting the University Hospital of Hartlepool and the University Hospital of North Tees that our new parking arrangements, managed by ParkingEye, are now in place. People should look out for the signs when they enter the car park.

For anyone familiar with our hospitals the old barrier system has now been removed. The new system uses automatic number plate recognition and can time how long any car has been on site. The advantage of the new system is you can drive straight in and out of the visitor car parks so no queues waiting for the barriers, but don't forget to pay!

You can pay:

•   when you come onto the site (all machines take cash and the machines in the main entrance takes cash and credit or debit cards)
•   when you leave the site
•   up to midnight on the same day after you leave the site by text, phone or through www.paybyphone.co.uk using the site number:

-   83159 for University Hospital of North Tees
-   83160 for University Hospital of Hartlepool

Patients and visitors will receive a civil penalty notice from Parking Eye if they:

•   do not pay
•   do not pay the correct amount (our simplified tariffs are shown below)
•   park in the wrong car park (for example if a visitor parks in the staff car park; the signs in the car parks tell you which are staff, which are visitors and which are combined car parks)
•   if they park in the drop off zone
•   if they park outside a car park area and obstruct other traffic and emergency vehicles

The tariffs are:

•   Free drop off and pick up for 20 minutes
•   £3 for up to 12 hours parking (which means you can visit in the afternoon and evening using the same ticket)
•   £6 for up to 24 hours parking

We also have a 28 day pass for £10 for patients and visitors. For more information ask at the security office.

If anyone is unsure about how to use the system they should call into our security office near the main entrances of each hospital

fred c

They have to find Fosters Quarter of a Million Salary from somewhere......

Am i alone in thinking that if there is no "Positive" news on a new Hospital by the Autumn... Foster should do the decent thing & resign his position ?

Inspector Knacker

I see that on the west side of the hospital proposed site, a compound has went up for builders to start on what appears to be a new housing development......... will they build a hospital or a Wynyard One Life....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

SRMoore

Foster may well have left the 'Trust' by the autumn anyway if the rumours I hear are true. Mr Finance Minded Foster is tipped to ride to the rescue of the James Cook University Hospital and put their books in order. South Tees Trust is, by all accounts, in dire financial straits (possibly something to do with their PFI deal?) and Foster is seen as the man to turn it around.

one direction

I visited a friend in Hartlepool Hospital last week.  I went early to get a parking space because my recolection was at visiting times the car park was jammed solid. When I got there I was faced with acres of empty tarmac. I drove round the car park, read the signs about the new number plate recognition system and then went and parked, for free, on Holdforth Road as the signs said "Permit holders only 8.00am till 6.00pm" so I was outside the controlled period. I counted three cars in the visitors car park! It brought home to me just how far Hartlepool Hospital has been run down! I can't see how it can remain open much longer!

storminnormon

It is interesting that staff parking charges have been whacked up by 5% as part of this new system. Sounds like a money making scam.

Given the lack of use of hartlepool and that parking is a major issue at north tees, surely dicounted parking at hartlepool should have been introduced to encourage people to use the shuttle bus between the two?

I've read plenty about about the proposed new hospital to have little faith in the management of the trust, but whoever is in charge of transport is just as bad as the problems of getting to north tees have never been solved.

mrb

I was at north tees on Saturday and just thought the barriers were out of order and so didnt pay. ar**.

Lord Elpus

Parking Eye are a load of shisters in my opinion.  They have the parking contract at Sunderland Eye Infirmary, no end of problems.  my advice is when the letters for £80 parking access start coming through the door ignore them.  Check the company out.  http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2294335

Bilbo Baggins

I understand that some of the Community Nursing teams are being moved into the hospital from their current base at the Phoenix Centre and have already been told that they will charged for parking with no option of claiming back costs even though use of a vehicle is a pre-requisite for the job.