Church Street

Started by admin, December 23, 2016, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

HBC Press Release

Views wanted on regeneration plans
Published Thursday, 22nd December 2016

HARTLEPOOL Borough Council is asking for your views on plans to repair and restore shop fronts and buildings in Church Street in the town.
The proposals for the key conservation area follow a successful bid for £1.2m funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund.

The main priorities are facade and roof repairs, restoration of dilapidated shop fronts and replacing shop fronts that are currently missing - together with more substantial repairs to a number of prominent buildings.
Many of the shops need only minor repairs to return them to a proper condition.

The work, part of a Heritage Lottery Fund Townscape Heritage scheme, has been identified following building surveys.

Councillor Kevin Cranney, Chair of Hartlepool Borough Council's Regeneration Services Committee, said: "This is a key conservation area which requires investment because of the age of many of the buildings.
"With the help of the Heritage Lottery Fund we are now able to look at much needed repairs and restoration and we are putting the plans out for public consultation as we want to make sure we are heading in the right direction."

The Council is also seeking views on the Church Street Conservation Area Management Plan which will be used to guide future applications for planning permission and listed building consents. It makes a number of key recommendations;
Greater use of powers such as issuing repair notices to owners in order to prevent further deterioration, decay, and inappropriate repair work to historic buildings.

• Providing support for property owners.
  • Promoting the repair and reinstatement of original historic shop fronts.
  • Allowing a wider range of uses than might normally be the case to help bring these vacant buildings back into beneficial use.
  • Restricting advertisements and display signage in order to ensure that they respect the streets historic character.
You can give your views on the plans for Church Street and the recommendations as outlined in the Conservation Area Management Plan by going to www.hartlepool.gov.uk/hlf

Inspector Knacker

Excuse my state of advanced cynicism, but when did these people ever take a blind bit of notice of the public on these developments?
In view of that, just address your letters to....

The 'Suits'
The shredder suite
Fantasy Island dept
The gang hut
Down the Town..
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Rather than immediately put a downer on the post why not offer your ideas, your plans as it is requesting people do.

jeffh

Is this another one of those "Tongue in Cheek" posts?

Merry Christmas everybody

steveL

You know, this doesn't sound much different from the £37m that went on City Challenge when grants were made available to property owners in Church Street as part of the plan to turn it into 'something like Yarm High Street' as local socialite and networker, Alan Wright once described it.

Wonder how that worked out . . . .  ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on December 23, 2016, 05: PM
Rather than immediately put a downer on the post why not offer your ideas, your plans as it is requesting people do.

The idea of establishing an Academic Centre in the area between Hucklehoven and Church Street was first put forward on this site.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

They have asked for the publics opinion of virtually everything Masterplan they come up with....
....It case you haven't noticed, and i suspect thats probably the case.......they don' t take a ha'peth of notice.

Just for a change........ instead of asking what posters here think........ why don't you offer your advice on these plans..... cmon,  we are all keen to hear your ideas.

BresslawoffoftheBunker

I don't any ideas of my own.   However I don't slate others as a matter of course.

fred c

Thought so...... all wind & p**s

BresslawoffoftheBunker

....and your ideas are.   

By the way, there's no need for the abuse.  I haven't abused you !

mk1

Quote from: fred c on December 23, 2016, 09: PM
Thought so...... all wind & p**s
You have fallen into his trap again. He just  wants a reply-any reply

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Then give me a reply.   Admin, why am I the one being moderated here. 

The Great Dictator

Maybe its because you're a transgender dwarf, that's discrimination  :'(

Inspector Knacker

They have consultations  because they have to. Your input is invited and that's as far as it gets. These things are there as yet another opportunity to try and 'educate' you to their viewpoint. .Whatever they have lined up will be what will happen. However, we've had a lot of fanciful graphics on this particular topic and so far ?

It reminds me of those Hollywood back lot with fake film sets of streets that are just false fronts propped up with wood, but no substance, but at least the fake lots exist!

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on December 23, 2016, 10: PM
Then give me a reply.   Admin, why am I the one being moderated here.
Like a ship in wartime with its lights blazing a band playing and a huge sign in neon on the side saying 'I AM CARRYING WEAPONS'..... you sail into submarine infested waters and wonder why they torpedoed you.