CAB's twitter spat with Shane Moore...

Started by perseus, February 08, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

perseus

https://twitter.com/AkersBelcher

For those that don't 'tweet'.... Our future 'leader of the Council' having a bit of handbags with Shane.

Hazysky

steveL

maybe someone should ask him when he is going to apologise to the Charity Commission for trying to blame them for the state of Manor Residents' accounts
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

CAB ..man of the people - hahahahahahahahaha

I don't believe it.

fred c

I wonder how many hours are in Cab & Sab`s day ??? what with "Tweeting, Working, Councilling, Co-ordinating, Volunteering, Collecting & Counting", its a wonder how they manage to fit it all in.

SRMoore

It all started when CAB Tweeted something along the lines of "I've looked at all of the options open to a victim of bedroom tax and only options are to starve or live on the streets".
The reply "Or they could find work, take in a lodger, request a smaller property. Stop scaremongering and help point people in direction of advice." was not recieved well.

mk1

Quote from: SRMoore on February 12, 2013, 02: PM

The reply "Or they could find work, take in a lodger, request a smaller property.

I believe that line is a direct lift from the  'excuse' sheet  being used by the Nasty Party' to defend its vindictive policy.

I am just waiting for the exact details but I have an example of someone forced out (by the rent deduction)of a 2 bedroomed terraced  house and into a dearer 1 bedroomed flat.

By the way the cheap'find work' jibe  has no bearing because this rule applies to those in work and receiving housing benefit as well.
You could have said 'work longer or take a second job' because that is the real intent of the law-to force the feckless  work-shy to spend less on beer and fags.
Just say it out loud Shane (Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.)and forgot about the innocent caught in the cross -fire.

SRMoore

MK1, you are obviously unaware that users are restricted to 140 characters per Tweet on Twitter.

The point I was making to CAB and now to you is that there has been a discretionary fund put aside for Hartlepool yet rather than give people advice on how to apply for it or find out if this benefit reduction actually applies to you, CAB and Wright would rather tell people their only option is to starve or live on the streets. Spreading fear to get votes is despicable, even by Labours standards.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Why didn't the government simply say we will fund housing benefit up to a certain ceiling, rather than complicate matters by creating formulae? Even those who endorse welfare reform seem to find this issue and it's handling to be unpalatable. 

P.S. Am inclined to agree with you about the Labour group's penchant for emotive, heart tugging comments; remember the Mail headlines when there was talk of council tax benefit cuts ... didn't they anticipate a boom in children being taken into care?

The Great Dictator

:-*Dad of 4 ??

I didn't relise it was biologically possible for men to have babies  :-*

mk1

Quote from: testicles on February 12, 2013, 05: PM
:-*Dad of 4 ??

I didn't relise it was biologically possible for men to have babies  :-*

It refers to Marj, Angie, his better (fatter?) half and the runt of the litter, mini-me Ray!

I was sorely tempted by the word 'runt'........if u c what I mean!