I'm Not A Celebrity...

Started by for fawkes sake, January 30, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

for fawkes sake

What on earth is going on here? Six Directors run a mile within months of each other while our complicit council chooses to throw another £340,000 at this rogue organisation. Can I make what should be a rather obvious suggestion? Someone at HBC needs to call in these people and simply ask them why they thought it necessary to walk away . . and to be blunt, it really isn't good enough, when most receive public funding for their own organisations, for them to think that it's OK to walk away but still keep quiet about what they have witnessed. That would suggest that they themselves believe it to be OK to turn a blind eye to questionable activities. This, to my mind,  casts doubt over their own suitability as future beneficiaries of public money.

I'm not sure if I am impressed by people who have seen a need to protect themselves but see no corresponding need to protect both the public and public money.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/columnists/joe-hudson
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

mk1

Quote from: for fawkes sake on January 30, 2013, 09: PM
Can I make what should be a rather obvious suggestion? Someone at HBC needs to call in these people and simply ask them why they thought it necessary to walk away

They saw the writing on the wall when one of the F*atty Belchers 'demanded' the names of those who grassed on the corruption in the Council.
They could stay and be subjected to  retaliation of get out whilst they still were able to walk.

fred c

The number of people helped by this service is relatively low, so why don`t HBC just give the people the money & cut out the "Middlemen".

1 Handyman co-ordinator & 2 Handymen..........who qualifies for this service ???

I like most people in Hartlepool have no idea how to contact any of the services provided by WC N/E, its mind boggling that so much money is spent on so few people.

But like most things in life..........Its easy to spend other peoples money.

Browsing through the report on WC N/E provided by "perseus".......... its a well presented load of gobblygook, that, to most of us is designed to baffle brains with bulls**t.

It should be made quite plain by the author of this report how much of the total funding provided by HBC.... aka.... The Ratepayers....... is taken up in wages by the people who run this organisation..... especially how much the "Councillors" involved are receiving.

fred c

Wonder if there will be a Question on this months Agenda, with regards to this particular organisation & its modus operandi ???

The lack of any visible progress on the Peer Groups Report is yet another sign of a disturbing lack of accountability in the governance of the town, when the house of cards eventually falls, as it surely will, there could be a few people eating porridge for a while.

steveL

It was an open cabinet meeting so I guess the word is well and truly out now.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.