Wheelie Bins...

Started by perseus, January 30, 2013, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perseus

As you may have noticed from the article on the main HTH site, we look set to be receiving our 3rd wheelie bin from HBC. This time a grey one. They cost a few quid like....

http://www.yellowshield.co.uk/site-maintenance/wheelie-bins.html?gclid=CNWhg8GZkLUCFU3HtAodXhUAgQ

£30-35 quid a pop. Presumably a massive discount must have been brokered on an order of over 40,000 households? We must be talking about a million quids worth of wheelie bins though?

Or was a community interest group set up to 'help facilitate the process'....

"Owton Manor Community Interest Wheelie Bin ordering and distribution services for the voluntary charidddeee sector ltd"????

Lucy Lass-Tick

Perseus, do I detect just the tiniest touch of cynicism?  8)

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Three *&%$^% bins !!!!

Considering a lot of people like myself live in small terraced housing ...where do we keep them all !!!

If in the back alley isn't acceptable ...they know what they can do with them.
I don't believe it.

steveL

I suspect that it's only a matter of time before we receive an e-mail from the Red Wheelies Against Racism Society......
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

For anyone living alone and having the necessary skills, the bins can be easily converted intoa small touring caravan.
A small point, they gave us all the blurb about the bins in the Mail last night but never once mentioned what exactly was to go into them.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I am thinking of setting up a plastic drum band ...come hear the gentle Caribbean influenced rhythms whacked out with the passing aroma of landfill fumes adding to the atmosphere. If we get good, might get a sponsorship deal from you know phew, sorry I mean you know who.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on January 30, 2013, 11: PM
If we get good, might get a sponsorship deal from you know phew, sorry I mean you know who.

I think you mean 'you know whom'!

Stig of the Seaton Dump

mk1 ...you are probably right but is it as poetical ? ...suppose it is if you pair it with fume.
I don't believe it.