Have Your Say on Health Services

Started by steveL, January 30, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Someone is surely taking the p**s with this Mail headline given that 33,000 people 'Had Their Say' and were then completely ignored.

Have Your Say on Health Services
AN event to discuss the future of health services in Hartlepool will be held later this week.

NHS Tees is holding the meeting to discuss the plans of the Clinical Commission Group (CCG), the organisation that will take over the work of the Primary Care Trusts when they are disbanded later this year.

Topics will include the CCG's journey towards authorisation, a presentation of its plans, and an opportunity for attendees to contribute to its key priorities.

The event will take place on Thursday, from 6pm until 8pm at Hartlepool Historic Quay, in Maritime Avenue, Hartlepool.

Anyone interested in attending the event should register their interest by emailing mynhstees@nhs.net or telephoning (01642) 745055

Don't All Rush Now!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wonder if there are any meeting rooms at the venue with space for the 'officials' plus just enough spare room to make sure that they aren't outnumbered?  ;)

Inspector Knacker

You could turn up and talk till you're purple in the face and it won't change anything. Oliver Twist had more chance of getting his seconds than we have of being listened and responded to.  ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

SRMoore

I attended the previous CCG meeting which was held in the same location. I have to be fair and say that unlike consultation meetings held by the 'Trust' this was a decent event which allowed for plenty of user input. I would suggest that people do attend and make sure your opinions are heard.

p.S. No, I'm not after a job in the NHS before anyone suggests it ;)

steveL

ah . . . if only we could say the same for Ged Hall and Drummond who by all accounts are both currently kissing butt at a pace in an attempt to secure a paid Exec position on the Trust Board.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on January 30, 2013, 06: PM
ah . . . if only we could say the same for Ged Hall and Drummond who by all accounts are both currently kissing butt at a pace in an attempt to secure a paid Exec position on the Trust Board.

The f*atty Belchers  did have first refusal on that type of post (5000 quid + unspecified  bonus at a date to be fixed) but they have landed on their feet (did anyone else hear the thud?) by getting rid of Dumbo and snaffling his  backhanders for themselves.
Mind it could be worse.
Wells could be after a place in order to ensure his mates get first dibbs when an  ambulance is needed.
Flash Ray never comes up 'short' when the interests of his pals are at stake!

Inspector Knacker

I despair at this proliferation of suits fluent in waffle. Just what do they do .....?
My perception of the health service  has fallen dramatically over recent years, I really do question just who's convenience it's being run for. So far the people of Stockton have enhanced and easier access to care, whereas everyone else has seen that access much reduced..... apparently distance to services is apparently irrelevant...... is Hartlepool and East Durham one of the few places where patient self diagnosis is necessary before deciding where to go to for treatment?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.