In the Kingdom of the Blind......................

Started by mk1, January 25, 2013, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

National newspapers are full of umbrage about the 'reported' drop in crime figures. Respected Institutions have warned that the  numbers are being massaged and that they are not a true reflection of reality. To put it bluntly  they are a load of bollocks designed to trigger  bonus payments to senior officers.
How does the Sheffield Mail see it?
With  a couple of pages devoted to the stunning success of Cleveland Police in gaining the biggest drop in crime figures ever seen!
Joyce will never need a hat in this cold weather because of the huge number  of nice warm buttocks resting on her shoulders.
Given the massive increase in top Policeman and Labour lickspittles currently awaiting tribunal or court dates the figures are bound to spike back upwards later  this year

The Great Dictator

If the crime figures have dropped then why is the mail full of crime stories and court convictions every day ?

not4me

I've more or less given up on The Mail as a source of factual information; it's become a simple depository (or should that be suppository) for the press releases of various local organisations. I haven't read the story myself  but I've put the link to the appropriate Cleveland Police press release on the same subject below.
I can't be arsed myself but I should think it's a good bet that the Mail story is a virtual facsimile of the press release unless the reporter was bored and has engaged in a paraphrasing exercise.

http://www.cleveland.police.uk/news/releases/release13662.aspx 

The Great Dictator

Every year the cops release these figures which if were true would mean we have no crime at all.