church square /street and surrounding street parking

Started by jawsbbc, March 03, 2019, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawsbbc

well here comes the first casualty of the great church street/square vision a good friend of mine who has owned  the cafe on the corner of church square/tower street for years  is having  to close due to HBC putting yellow lines all along tower street and surrounding areas  he is no longer getting the footfall he once had which was keeping the cafe going  so well done HBC  another empty property  to go with the rest

mr ben

church street is still a seedy looking place !!! you can't polish a turd ...  i feel sorry fore your pal trying to make a living  in this town . HBC DONT GIVE A TOSS ABOUT YOU OR BUSINESS OR  YOUR CUSTOMERS THEY JUST WANT YOUR RATE MONEY .

Land Phil

The narrowing of the road means it is a right nuisance when taxis and delivery cars block the road.

Worked fine before and you could just nip around them.

Real shame about the cafe.

diSme

It is a shame, and I'm pretty sure other businesses will be similarly affected.

Is this the result of the apparent desire to pedestrianise Church Street?
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: jawsbbc on March 03, 2019, 10: AM
well here comes the first casualty of the great church street/square vision a good friend of mine who has owned  the cafe on the corner of church square/tower street for years  is having  to close due to HBC putting yellow lines all along tower street and surrounding areas  he is no longer getting the footfall he once had which was keeping the cafe going  so well done HBC  another empty property  to go with the rest

Part of the 'Vision'. They want all the plebs out to make way for the influx of Hollywood stars who will be relocating to take advantage of the openings provided by the new film studios. Niche Retail is the core of the 'Vision' so we will know the plan is working when  Hotel Chocolate  start looking for premises down there!

fred c

There are a number of small businesses that could suffer because of this.. Pappa Cafe, Hops and Cheese, The Coble and the Barbers.....

On the Church Street/Church Square regeneration, Church Street doesn`t look any different despite the continuing bulls***t from the council, as forChurch Square, i rode around it on Friday, the large blocks clicked and clacked as i rode over the them, i really don`t think that should happen......Who actually passes these contracts off ?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on March 03, 2019, 04: PM

On the Church Street/Church Square regeneration, Church Street doesn`t look any different despite the continuing bulls***t from the council,
It actually looks worse. A bleak, windswept desert of a street. Fancy lights on only one half of the street that shine into your eyes and the loss of the trees makes it it even worse.
Church Square? What have they actually done? They've re-arranged it slightly but at what cost?
They appear to believe they're going to create some twee urban paradise for the beautiful people.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on March 03, 2019, 02: PM
Quote from: jawsbbc on March 03, 2019, 10: AM

Part of the 'Vision'. They want all the plebs out to make way for the influx of Hollywood stars who will be relocating to take advantage of the openings provided by the new film studios. Niche Retail is the core of the 'Vision' so we will know the plan is working when  Hotel Chocolate  start looking for premises down there!

Hotel Chocolat - now you're talking. Mind you I'd become distinctly chubby with a regular supply of their goodies.  ;D

mk1

Hotel Chocolate = Thorntons but at 3x the price. Mind you I have been in a Chocolate shop in Regents Street that is Hotel Chocolate but priced at  3x theirs!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on March 03, 2019, 08: PM
Hotel Chocolate = Thorntons but at 3x the price. Mind you I have been in a Chocolate shop in Regents Street that is Hotel Chocolate but priced at  3x theirs!

Oh, I can slum it if I need to.

Inspector Knacker

If we're talking chocolate, I've always thought of the 'visionaries' as those cheap bags mis-shapen chocolate rejects you get cheap because they just don't measure up.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 03, 2019, 09: PM
If we're talking chocolate, I've always thought of the 'visionaries' as those cheap bags of badly mis-shapen chocolate rejects you get cheap because they just don't measure up.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 03, 2019, 09: PM
If we're talking chocolate, I've always thought of the 'visionaries' as those cheap bags mis-shapen chocolate rejects you get cheap because they just don't measure up.

Oh yes - the stale ones.

Inspector Knacker

The well past their sell by date ones no ones buying anymore?  The mis-shapen, gaudily wrapped, sickly brand that's over priced and leaves a lingering bad after taste?
There's all these chocolates with outer space names and rumour has it this brand is following in that tradition and allegedly to be called 'Costing the Earth'!

Grumblstiltskin

Church St should be re-named....p*ssheads paradise, what a sad end for such a nice place