Coxall Steps Down

Started by steveL, May 02, 2017, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Coxall has resigned as Chair of Pools. CEI Pam Duxbury is talking to supporters about fans taking over the ownership of the club.

Methinks there's a plan unfolding here, a plan that has been unfolding for months
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Pam effectively 'owns' the club. She supplies the money and everything except the pitch belongs to her firm.

Inspector Knacker

Coxall goes, a nation mourns.😱
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

Darlington's relationship with George Reynolds comes to mind.

Inspector Knacker

He's resigned as chairman, nowhere does it state he's left the club. Has he just vacated the hot seat, but still lurking in the background?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Quote from: kevplumb on May 03, 2017, 07: AM
theres a rabbit off

No. It is a new Dawn. The coming of a new golden age of football..................
The same 'New Dawn' we have every time someone  takes over a football club. You have to feel sorry for those who go through this turmoil every couple of years without realising the cycle always repeats itself. Thing is  if it goes tits-up now they have no one left to blame but themselves.
Coxall still owns the Club in partnership with a very dodgy bloke and even though the  value is measured with a minus sign at the front they will want a pay-off and Pam is a real Property Developer who can raise  cash.

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on May 03, 2017, 09: AM
Quote from: kevplumb on May 03, 2017, 07: AM
theres a rabbit off

No. It is a new Dawn. The coming of a new golden age of football..................
The same 'New Dawn' we have every time someone  takes over a football club. You have to feel sorry for those who go through this turmoil every couple of years without realising the cycle always repeats itself. Thing is  if it goes tits-up now they have no one left to blame but themselves.
Coxall still owns the Club in partnership with a very dodgy bloke and even though the  value is measured with a minus sign at the front they will want a pay-off and Pam is a real Property Developer who can raise  cash.

like I said theres a rabbit off
i can smell it from here
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Coxall still has leverage. He owns the club and if he puts it into receivership the consequences for Pools are dire. The might even drop a couple of leagues and find themselves with nothing but an empty plot of land because Coxall has mortgaged everything Pools own. It is possible the stand could be dismantled and sold for scrap.
He is going to wring every penny from the fans and they are daft enough to try and pay it. I believe Pam will play on the same fears and the fans will be forced to agree to some compromise over 'redevelopment'. It could be the best option is to accept relegation and start from scratch

Shepherd

I seem to remeber CAB was at the ground a few weeks ago glad-handing the directors and getting his photo taken.

Was it not also just a few short weeks ago, after the CAB visit, that the football ground was NOT on a plan of the town?

Coincidence, I think not; more executive housing on the way off Lancester Road.

Remember what happened to WHRC and their ground, you can put a lot of houses on big open areas and all you need are the means to get at it, brown envelopes, and those with the authority to give it the "go ahead", who have a proven record of being in deficite of a moral compass, being accommodating to those envelopes.

Exiled Poolie

Quote from: Shepherd on May 03, 2017, 02: PM
I seem to remeber CAB was at the ground a few weeks ago glad-handing the directors and getting his photo taken.

Was it not also just a few short weeks ago, after the CAB visit, that the football ground was NOT on a plan of the town?

Coincidence, I think not; more executive housing on the way off Lancester Road.

Remember what happened to WHRC and their ground, you can put a lot of houses on big open areas and all you need are the means to get at it, brown envelopes, and those with the authority to give it the "go ahead", who have a proven record of being in deficite of a moral compass, being accommodating to those envelopes.

There's not much demand for "Executive" housing in that part of town. Not exactly prime location.

steveL

Plans to demolish Mill House baths and the Indoor Bowling have existed for some time. The number 160 houses is in my head from somewhere....not Exec Housing, for sure, but you don't have to build Exec Housing to make a killing. If I remember rightly, there was also some retail units planned.

HBC will be looking at the land value, additional council tax and the new homes grant it gets as well as, as someone else said, the odd exotic holiday or honeymoon in Las Vegas.

Didn't I read somewhere that the SCABS have just come back from Dubai?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I hope they weren't photographed with sedated wild animals.....

stokoe

Fred don't think the camels would spit on them.

Shepherd

If you take out the ground, mill house pool, and the Bowling Club building you will have a plot similar in size to Morrisons.

Morrisons paid (I was told) £4million for the land they built their supermarket on and that was many years ago so there is real value for that land.

As SteveL stated land value + additional council tax + grant + personal financial incentives you don't need a crystal ball to forsee Pools playing at Greyfields in the not too distant future.

With "builders on the planning committee, others without visible means of funding their lifestyles on the same committee, dodgy businessmen with more dissolved companies on his CV than Cranny all in the same mix, I could see some interesting transactions happening. The sale of land to the club for a song, its reacquistion by the council for its true market value and then bring in the builders. Trebbles all round.

Looks like a sequal of what happened with Jacksons Landing and they got away with that so why not this?