Town's Most Neglected Ward

Started by steveL, July 02, 2016, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

It's quite astonishing if anyone takes the time to compare the services on offer in the Owton Manor/Rift House area with those on offer in the Brus area of Hartlepool or even the Central estate or Headland areas.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/hartlepool-childcare-service-gets-top-marks-from-ofsted-1-7990960
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

What about Burn Valley, Rural West and, to a lesser extent, Victoria??? Seaton has lost Council sports and community centres?

From memory I think you will find that there are no Council facilities outside what used to be called the deprived areas. Eldon Grove Sports and Community Centre was closed because it was just outside one such an area, although having a shared border, and the adjacent school's catchment area included many pupils from so called deprived communities.

Note: I don't like using the word 'deprived' but I am not PC enough to know the current, correct terminology. Apologies.

Land Phil

It is a disgrace how different the services are between wards.
If one has a facility then they all should.

In the ward I live in Seaton, we don't have flowerbeds any more, never mind a community orchard, community centre, sports hall, gym, resource centre, swimming pool, skateboard park, bmx track etc.

We don't even have councillors that are allowed to speak for the ward.

Hartlepudlion

Land Phil.

Start a petition insisting that your Ward should be represented by your Councillors on all committees concerning Seaton AND not by migrant Councillors from other Wards.

Residents of other Wards take note and do not accept out of Ward Councillors interfering with your Ward concerns.

The town has rebelled against interference from Brussels. Stop out of Ward Councillors having a say in your Ward.

Inspector Knacker

It would appear some wards are principalities.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

A few years ago I asked Mike Ward (Chief Financial Officer) to let me know how much extra money had been spent in Owton Manor Ward.  This was above the standard Council spending for a ward and included all the 'funny money' from various grants schemes etc. 

I worked out at over £250 for every household.  Of course very few residents would have benefited from this money or seem a penny piece.  The so called community groups did very well out of it. 

In my opinion Mad Dog, SAB, Richardson and others have a massive chip on thier shoulders and resentment complexes run high. 

Hartlepool deserves better.

steveL

The de Brus ward has 3 Labour Councillors and is regarded as a solid Labour ward but someone needs to be asking what such loyalty to Labour has produced over the years  - precious little as far as I can see. If 'deprivation' is the deciding criteria then de Brus is getting seriously short changed compared to Owton Manor/Rift House
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I live in Rift House, although for voting purposes I am in Manor Ward, I suspect most people, certainly neighbours I speak to have absolutely no idea where the money goes, I have no idea about what services are available to me, or where they are located.

Can anybody say for certain what Healthwatch does & who benefits from whatever services it provides, the only thing most of us know about it, is that it is run by a councillor with at least 1 other councillor employed there, take those 2 salaries out of the amount awarded to Healthwatch & how much does that leave for the services it provides.

If you take into account the pisspotical peoples orchard, the dog s**t pavement stencils & lampost posters, that have proven to be a complete waste of time & money, it gives an idea of how much public money certain councillors aquire for their wards.

I wouldn't trust some of LabTor councillors to do a weekly shop at the local Nisa, never mind spend thousands of pounds of public money on various self serving "Charity/Community" projects.

Only in Hartlepool & Only Under the LabTor Mob.

testing times

didn't I read that Healthwatch had something to do with the fertility unit consultation?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on July 03, 2016, 10: AM
The de Brus ward has 3 Labour Councillors and is regarded as a solid Labour ward but someone needs to be asking what such loyalty to Labour has produced over the years  - precious little as far as I can see. If 'deprivation' is the deciding criteria then de Brus is getting seriously short changed compared to Owton Manor/Rift House
Maybe de Brus hasn't got the right type of councillors ?

WhatTheHeck

Quote from: fred c on July 03, 2016, 01: PM
I live in Rift House, although for voting purposes I am in Manor Ward, I suspect most people, certainly neighbours I speak to have absolutely no idea where the money goes, I have no idea about what services are available to me, or where they are located.

Can anybody say for certain what Healthwatch does & who benefits from whatever services it provides, the only thing most of us know about it, is that it is run by a councillor with at least 1 other councillor employed there, take those 2 salaries out of the amount awarded to Healthwatch & how much does that leave for the services it provides.

If you take into account the pisspotical peoples orchard, the dog s**t pavement stencils & lampost posters, that have proven to be a complete waste of time & money, it gives an idea of how much public money certain councillors aquire for their wards.

I wouldn't trust some of LabTor councillors to do a weekly shop at the local Nisa, never mind spend thousands of pounds of public money on various self serving "Charity/Community" projects.

Only in Hartlepool & Only Under the LabTor Mob.

Had a look at Healthwatch website http://www.healthwatch.co.uk/

Just appears to be another grant aided organisation who are supposed to voice peoples concerns over health and welfare issues, in other words, they create reports on how well 'we are doing' to address the needs of the community.

In other words they sit behind desks, and tell everyone that everything is wonderful whilst they coin it in !
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

marky

says so much about the sheep, allowing the cabal to look after themselves first.

fred c

2 of the hypocrites have spoken openly about their support for Jeremy Corbyn, if only they had the same thoughts inside the council chamber.

Once thing is for sure, Corbyn appears to be a genuine Labour man, unlike the self trimming examples that masquerade as such in Hartlepool.

Inspector Knacker

I remember a song from schooldays 'whosoever the King may be, I'll be the Vicar of Bray sir' A byword for hanging onto your job despite changes at the top by adapting to the new order effortlessly without a second thought.
I wonder if the musically celebrated self serving Vicar has family in the area.?