Travellers Return

Started by steveL, June 28, 2015, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

I have a feeling that this is part of a plan to blow out of the water any suggestion by HBC that there is no demand for a permanent traveller site as part of their new local plan submission. All it will take is a letter and a couple of photographs to the planning inspector.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Why aren't they moved on immediately?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

marky

Nothing in The Snail about this; nothing about James' and Cranney's smash and grab raid either. On the other hand, I did read a story about someone's cooker catching fire in Consett or some other God forsaken place.

Land Phil

Why are the gypsies not charged for staying on the land ?

Inspector Knacker

I suppose if you have a mobile home and call yourself a traveller the days of camping are over... mind, 2 weeks on a roundabout till the bailiffs arrive is at least free.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

testing times

Oddly, The Mail are reporting Travellers plonking themselves on a Peterlee sports field and what the local council is doing about it but not a mention of our own little group. Could this be because it would make a nonsense of the council's 'no demand' claim?

pensionater

It could be that they were only there for one night.

Mr.E

As this is on the subject of Travellers and them not being wanted please read and sign this petition! Please once you have done share the link and spread the word of this please!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/105642