Road works

Started by suvin, January 08, 2015, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on January 12, 2015, 06: PM
Regarding the cost not cheap, your having a laugh, £3.30 for a day ticket giving unlimited travel within hartlepool for 14 hours, first bus at 5:20am or £10.30 for 7 days yes £1.47 a day but it's not cheap.

If you want to travel 7 days on 20 busses a day  then yes it is cheap. If you are a normal person who just wants to go and come back  once or twice a week then it is not so cheap. Fuel costs have fallen sharply recently  so any idea when a fare reduction is coming?

no6bus

Fares haven't risen for 2 years so unlikely they will come down, it is still cheaper to get the bus than park for more than a couple of hours in the town centre

no6bus

Besides somebody has to pay for the 8000 concessionary pass holders in hartlepool.

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on January 12, 2015, 07: PM
Besides somebody has to pay for the 8000 concessionary pass holders in hartlepool.

I thought they did when they were working?

If I remember correctly you were one of those who demanded the Hartlepool council tax payers subsidise your local football team.
Reminds me of the  bowling Club 'coffin dodger' insult as well.

mk1

Fares haven't risen for 2 years so unlikely they will come down

Not while your boss needs the money to bankroll his far right  loony christian fundamentalist anti-gay  chums.

it is still cheaper to get the bus than park for more than a couple of hours in the town centre

I can just picture it. People on the outlying estates wondering if it will be  cheaper to take the Rolls, the 4x4 or get the bus.

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on January 12, 2015, 07: PM

I thought they did when they were working?

If I remember correctly you were one of those who demanded the Hartlepool council tax payers subsidise your local football team.
Reminds me of the  bowling Club 'coffin dodger' insult as well.
If only all of them had worked you may for once have a point but in the real world not all concessions are age related, many are drug related or system Dodgers, but you know best.
Demanded no you must be mistaken, of the opinion the ground should change hands for a price similar to the percentages paid by the new owners of rock haven then yes

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on January 12, 2015, 07: PM
Fares haven't risen for 2 years so unlikely they will come down

Not while your boss needs the money to bankroll his far right  loony christian fundamentalist anti-gay  chums.
Not something I have a say in!

it is still cheaper to get the bus than park for more than a couple of hours in the town centre

I can just picture it. People on the outlying estates wondering if it will be  cheaper to take the Rolls, the 4x4 or get the bus.
so you think it is cheaper to park in the shopping centre than get a bus

Inspector Knacker

Two hours parkig for four of us in the car costs £1.40...what's the return fare to the fens for four adults..? On average people use the bus for one return journry a day and don't want to buy saver tickets...... why not just have lowrr fares.
As for local bus services... we had three kids and always used the bus.......wiithin two years of Stagecoach taking over we'd bought a car.. changes to fares, timetables etc made a car become a necessity..... why do bus operators always blame the customers....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.