Hartlepool children first at Christmas

Started by Lord Elpus, November 28, 2014, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

This press release was sent out today by HBC, on the face of its a worthy cause.

The reality SAB has decided to turn his back on a Hartlepool based toys for Christmas campaign  in partnership with Radio Hartlepool, a partnership which has ran for years, in favour of a north east wide scheme in partnership with TFM.

Many will see this as sour grapes on behave of SAB and arguably the children of Hartlepool will lose out.

'Dear all

Hartlepool Council has teamed up with neighbouring authorities to support a charity Christmas toy appeal.

Cash for Kids' annual Mission Christmas campaign aims to make sure every child has a happy Christmas, no matter what their circumstances are.

On Friday December 5th the Fostering team is encouraging staff to "make the world better with a sweater" by paying £1 to don a Christmas jumper and raise vital money for the toy appeal.

If you would like to take part in Christmas Jumper Day you can make your donation to the following people:

Civic Centre level 1 – Carolyn Jackson (Building Control)

Civic Centre level 2 – Michelle Rae

Civic Centre level 3 – Alastair Rae

Civic Centre level 4 – Judith Oliver

Bevan House – Julie Ainsley (reception)

Church Street – Admin Team

Star Centre/Wynyard Road – Emma King

CETL – Emma Rutherford

On Friday 5th December the Mayor of Hartlepool, Councillor Stephen Akers-Belcher, is also holding a coffee morning in the Civic Centre's Long Gallery to raise money for the Cash for Kids annual Mission Christmas campaign.

For a minimum £1 donation staff are invited to join the Mayor between 9.30am and 12 noon for tea, coffee, cake and mince pies. There will also be a charity raffle for a fantastic Christmas cake.

Finally, there is now a toy collection bin in the Civic Centre reception area for any staff who would like to buy a toy or gift for a child or teenager. Please drop any donations, which will go to Cash for Kids' annual Mission Christmas campaign, in the collection bin. We have been asked to ensure presents are left unwrapped'.

Tommy

Well I will be supporting our towns children's collection on Radio Hartlepool. The Mayor is an utter Wally if you ask me, TFM Radio cash for kids a good thing but accross the whole of the north east, no thank you Mr Mayor it's kids in Hartlepool I support.

Land Phil

Didn't Radio Tees move to Newcastle last year ?

If the Mail was based in Hartlepool still, it might have made a good story with 'Gross Misconduct Mayor Throws Dummy Out Of Pram And Stops Santa Helping Hartlepool Kids'.

testing times

I think we have enough information now about the Mayor to make a fairly accurate assessment of his spiteful character and this seems to be but the latest example.

Lord Elpus

It's a shame, when people and businesses used to donate under the Hartlepool Radio partnership they knew all donations stayed in Hartlepool and we kept control. 

My interpretation of the situation is SAB has taken the hump with Jason Anderson so yet again SAB's 'toys have been thrown from his pram' and other people are left to pick up the pieces.

He so reminds me of a guy I knew many years ago, 'Warwick Wright Hunt' and he was one as well.

fred c

Typical of "The Very Fat Boy" it`s another example of just what a shower of s***e this TorLab Mob are, when will they "Grow A Pair" & stand up to The Deary Me Leader & Handsome Ste ?

ashamedtobebritish

I struggled to find a good caption for this image,

But the picture does sum up the mental age of the one in the pram !

Land Phil

Granny not Mummy...even after the Botox.

Is there anything we can do to support the Radio Hartlepool appeal ?

fred c

This "Hissy Fit" does rather knock his Mayors Charidee boasting down a notch or two.

I wonder if Ms Yates will set her attack puppies on him over this, she did appear to take a Harder Editorial Line with Handsome Ste & His Other Half recently, will it continue, or have they made up ?

Lord Elpus

Quote from: Land Phil on November 30, 2014, 09: AM
Granny not Mummy...even after the Botox.

Is there anything we can do to support the Radio Hartlepool appeal ?

Yes, just support it and tell your friends.

I understand Jason is keen local people pop in to the studio and record a xmas greeting to be played on air, non political, just in the spirit of Christmas.

steveL

Confusion abounds ....

This is a screenshot of SAB's Facebook. Apparently all gifts collected normally go up to Gateshead then a board decide who get the gifts but according to his Facebook he's going to personally deliver all the TFM Radio Cash for Kids toy donations to Hartlepool Social Services.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Tommy

This man is an absolute disgrace, two toy appeals and he goes for the out of town one and then he plans to steal the toys that were earmarked for the regions kids.

A quick telephone call to TFM confirms that all toys are gathered together (in the Newcastle area) then a panel allocates what groups in the region get them. I am the fifth asking that question today from Hartlepool apparently.

So if you happen to see the Mayor snaffling toys from the TFM collection and taking them to Bevan House next to the Police station you should be within your rights to preform a citizens arrest for THEFT.

How could he lie about such a thing, disgusting man!

I do hope any councilors reading this put a complaint in.

no6bus

Poor Stephen was so tired after this mornings event he had the mayors chauffeur drop him off in Victoria road at 11:38

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on December 05, 2014, 03: PM
Poor Stephen was so tired after this mornings event he had the mayors chauffeur drop him off in Victoria road at 11:38

He was hobbling across the York road lights around 2:30.
His stick slipped on something and he nearly went over on his ar*se-much to the amusment of all those watching from waiting cars!

mk1

Quote from: steveL on December 05, 2014, 03: PM
Confusion abounds ....

This is a screenshot of SAB's Facebook. Apparently all gifts collected normally go up to Gateshead then a board decide who get the gifts but according to his Facebook he's going to personally deliver all the TFM Radio Cash for Kids toy donations to Hartlepool Social Services.

He will  be 'taken' (sic) all gifts?